Posted on 7/28/20 at 12:51 am to
Posted by Marco Esquandolas
Member since Jul 2013
11428 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 12:51 am to
quote:

had sales managers in the auto business making $400K yearly in the early '90's

No, no you didn’t.

You are full of shite in just about every post...on every board.

Posted by Metaloctopus
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2018
5917 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 2:00 am to
I get what you're saying but, in reality, right now, nobody is paying for these stimulus checks. The government is just printing debt notes and sending them out. There is no actual money to be paid out.

There's something brewing about going back to the gold standard. That could change things dramatically. Have patience. Trump is just trying to keep people afloat, right now.
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 2:02 am
Posted by Manarchist
Member since Nov 2018
404 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 2:13 am to
If it’s any consolation, my wife and I fall just inside the threshold for checks. We are investing like mad and doing everything we can to get in a higher tax bracket.
Posted by BarberitosDawg
Lee County Florida across causeway
Member since Oct 2013
9914 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 3:22 am to
This stimulus BS is just BS. Firstly wtf is $900 or $1200 going to do for anybody, really? Secondly it's going out to people in the majority who don't pay any income taxes.

The fact of my second point is in the end where will this money be drawn from? Will they scale HUD back?

Nope,not hardly.

Will any of the entitlement programs be scaled back.

Nope again.

Medicade entitlements?

Nope...

This BS in the end will raise your SS retirement age and the villains on the left will come after your private retirement accounts that's why they are pushing this.

The only country that blocked the Obama FATCA at The Hague was Canada. If you have means then you should have a Canadian bank account as you probably already know.

Posted by TenWheelsForJesus
Member since Jan 2018
6583 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 5:31 am to
quote:

I don’t have any wealth. I have a budget. You’re being absolutely ridiculous

If you make over $200k a year and don't have any wealth, then you are spending way too much. How much is your budget? I can live off $30k a year easily. Unless you have 6 kids, maybe you keep spending money on shite you don't really need.
Posted by goinggray
Member since Apr 2020
105 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 5:47 am to
quote:

I won't get either stimulus, AND I WORK FOR THE US GOVERNMENT DIRECTLY putting my life on the line daily as a Marshal.

Y'all don't know how bad it sucks to know the federal criminal you're arresting got a free $1200 the other day and spent it on weed and a flatscreen TV, and I didn't even get a christmas bonus last year.

THAT'S a level of pain and frustration very unique to my situation, and I wouldn't wish it upon any of you assholes.
Sounds rough.

Tell me again how someone forced you to take that job, or are you voluntarily employed there?
Posted by beaverfever
Little Rock
Member since Jan 2008
32736 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 5:48 am to
I’ve never understood why the tax brackets aren’t more progressive. If you’ve decided on a progressive income tax structure you might as well include special brackets for income levels all the way up to 10 million+.
Posted by gthog61
Irving, TX
Member since Nov 2009
71001 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 5:57 am to
quote:

That's where the money is.

Am I the only juvenile who thinks the 50K to $1MM groups look like they are flipping someone off.

too bad we cannot go on strike
Posted by Jorts R Us
Member since Aug 2013
14845 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 6:04 am to
I wish they found a different, more targeted way to deploy assistance to households adversely impacted by the shutdowns. The way they did, it's just a relative tax increase.
Posted by LanierSpots
Sarasota, Florida
Member since Sep 2010
61820 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 6:17 am to
No Stimulus, no loan for my small business. Hell, I had to pay taxes this year as usual.

We have had to work harder this year but nothing extra. Just a normal year.

Posted by wackatimesthree
Member since Oct 2019
4148 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 6:30 am to
quote:

$200k income is rich. Top 6% of earners for household income. $350k is top 2%. It may not feel rich. It is.

LOL.

What you're ignoring is how much richer the top half percent are than everyone below them.

If income/wealth (which is part of the problem as well, you're only considering income) were height, the 0-99.5% could be represented by a one story house on the low end to maybe a five story building on the other end. That last half a percent would be the Empire State Building.

You're also ignoring that people who make in the $200,000-$350,000 range usually don't do so for their entire careers. It usually takes a while to work up to that.

I've been in that range for 5-6 years, but I also turn 50 this year. I'd say that's pretty typical.

And I don't care about getting a stimulus check, I just wish the government would get off my chest and let me breathe a little.

Rich is not working your arse off still having to pay huge chunks of it to the government in taxes.

Rich is when you get to the point that your money is making you more money than you can trade your labor for.

That's rich.
Posted by SEC. 593
Chicago
Member since Aug 2012
4046 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 6:43 am to
What exactly does a $1,200 check stimulate for someone making that in a day?
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 6:44 am
Posted by OchoDedos
Republic of Texas
Member since Oct 2014
34177 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 6:58 am to
quote:

I hope you’re not a conservative cuz you’re making us look bad begging for a handout.

Upper Middle Class whining because they're not getting stimulus checks? First of all it's really tacky. Second, you sound like a whiny entitled a-hole. Third, how fricking embarrassing for the rest of us. God help us if we've devolved to this kind of crybaby bs.
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14970 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 7:03 am to
quote:

Let’s make a list of what government does for people like me? Absolutely nothing.

I don't know. About 10-15 years ago they allowed anyone the opportunity to convert IRA assets to Roth, including non-deductible contributions made if you were covered by a different program at work. "take the lump now and be like the tortoise not the hare," aimed at this group is probably the one thoughtful thing I can think of.

I mean, I think that is just about THE only thing. But it was ONE thing.
Posted by HubbaBubba
F_uck Joe Biden, TX
Member since Oct 2010
45837 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 7:04 am to
quote:

And I don't care about getting a stimulus check, I just wish the government would get off my chest and let me breathe a little.
THIS ^^^

A system that used a VAT instead of a regressive income tax would appeal to me. Being in this range means not qualifying for any breaks on anything. Kids want to go to college. No breaks for you. Enjoy paying for the full ride. It doesn't feel rich when you give back 30% of what you earn, plus pay for another 7-10% in property taxes and then 8.5% in sales taxes, then another $60k a year in tuition, books, fees and living costs for your kid to go to school. That REALLY eats into the whole "feeling rich" thingy and sure does negatively impact saving for retirement.

Posted by boogiewoogie1978
Little Rock
Member since Aug 2012
17034 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 7:26 am to
quote:

The $200,000-350,000 earners just carrying the weight for all the poors around here.

According to the Census Bureau, 3,708,000 individuals earned more than $200,000 a year in 2014. That is 1.5% of the population over the age of fifteen.

K
Posted by KiwiHead
Auckland, NZ
Member since Jul 2014
27685 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 7:54 am to
Sounds like Diamond Dog wants some goodies.

I'm sure you would say you want less taxes, but if you itemize and have a competent CPA handle your taxes I suspect in the end your exposure probably gets mitigated by a bit. 200 -350K a year. Suspect you own a house and took for years the mortgage interest deduction....that's a form of welfare. If you had a truly fair taxing system the government would look at your gross, calculate the percentage and say ....FU, pay me. But they give you that goody. Hey, that 401 K, with the deferred tax that limits your exposure yearly....do the working class use it in great numbers? No. Wait, there is the Roth IRA that if invested right gives you untaxable income in retirement. Do you itemize beyond the norm? If you do you might be getting a goody.

Hey bubbeluh, people in your income range and beyond that owned business got sweetheart SBA loans beyond the PPP at very advantageous rates.

Stop bitching, you are making a lot of money. You earned it? But, guess what? The more we make , the more we pay in actual dollars, that's the way the tax code works, and from a public policy standpoint, probably should.

Right now there are millions out of work, who in February were working and being as responsible as their budgets allowed for. We are in an unprecedented time. Stop bitching, makes you look like an ingreat
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14970 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 7:57 am to
quote:

That is 1.5% of the population over the age of fifteen.

I'm not disagreeing that $200K is a hunk of money to make every year, or that accurate statistics are already calculated and published rather than calculable from raw data, but can we agree that including 15, 16, and 17 year olds in that stratification is bullshite?
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
423294 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:01 am to
quote:

The people caught between middle class and rich really get the shaft. The $200,000-350,000 earners

i don't know if it's been said, but that's rich, bro

those are EXTREME upper-middle class incomes if you want to be delicate to snowflake sensibilities and use language aimed to not hurt your feelings
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 8:02 am
Posted by bogeypro
North Alabama
Member since Sep 2012
4052 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:02 am to
I'm there with you. I think all these bailouts on the our backs is bullshite.
Jump to page
Page First 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 13Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram