Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:05 am to
Posted by BarnHater
Member since May 2015
6766 posts

Poor people are a plague on our society. I don’t understand these people that make less than 150k a year.
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 8:06 am
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
423240 posts
quote:

If a person who makes 200k isn't rich/upper class, what are they?

"middle class"

EVERYONE is middle class except Jeff Bezos and Russian oligarchs, bro
Posted by BugAC
St. George
Member since Oct 2007
52860 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:08 am to
I got one of those stimulus cards due to how i claimed my kids on my taxes last year. A whopping $72. Considering how i filed my taxes, i was hoping for $500/child. Never came. I did get a mail notice i was getting something from the IRS. Ironically, that same day, my mail was "lost". Odd considering, i got the mail the rest of that week, just not that day. Then i tried to call the IRS...lol. After 1 hour getting transferred to the wrong people and being hung up on twice, i was told i had to wait 2 weeks, for it to be missing. So i waited. Called back the next monday, the entire system is 100% automated and there is no possible way to talk to a human.

So I pay a ridiculous amount in taxes, received one stimulus card for $70, and may have had another come in, that was stolen by the postal worker, and then am physically unable to talk to an IRS worker to inform them because local branches are closed because of a governmental manufactured health crisis, and the national IRS offices are 100% automated.

Your tax dollars at work.
Posted by Raptordawg
Youngsville, La.
Member since Nov 2005
549 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:11 am to
quote:

I agree with you but at the same time I don’t feel bad for your situation. Whining on a message board because you want a $1200 handout too. That’s probably chump change for ballers like you.

Bitch please! Since when is getting your own money back a handout? Not taking a side on him wanting a stimulus, but it’s total bullshite when people like you act like he’s getting something for free. Pretty big difference between getting free money that you didn’t earn and getting back some of what you are forced to pay.
Posted by DiamondDog
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2019
10595 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:18 am to
quote:

Bitch please! Since when is getting your own money back a handout? Not taking a side on him wanting a stimulus, but it’s total bullshite when people like you act like he’s getting something for free. Pretty big difference between getting free money that you didn’t earn and getting back some of what you are forced to pay.

These are the same types that tried to scoop Tea out the Harbor.

SFP, as someone who has passively followed your posts, I am kind of shocked you’re on the side of “be quiet, ‘you’re rich’. From poor through middle classes, we’re all given the same opportunities for education in America. The poor more so through grant funding. I am not apologizing for success or relinquishing the belief that all citizenry should be taxed equally the same. Flat tax.
Posted by tigerfoot
Alexandria
Member since Sep 2006
56432 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:20 am to
quote:

We are a people without resolve. Our bills are paid. Our tummy’s are full. Our complaints are viewed as trivial in light of others.

That attitude is why we are the Forgotten Class. Guess we’ll have to start rattling more chains and saber
And it was and has been both sides that have forgot you. The left hates you and the right knows you will just blindly pull the lever. Nothing will change until we start playing your side my side politics.
Posted by bogeypro
North Alabama
Member since Sep 2012
4052 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:20 am to
This thread reminds me of all the Twitter videos where Karens attack someone. It starts with one person exercising their right to think freely. Then, one Karen jumps on him. Then another joins in with some bullshite argument. Then another agrees with her. Then another. Next thing you know, the poor person is called so many names he can't even defend himself anymore.

My wife and I together make around 300, so I feel the same pain as the OP. Yes, we are comfortable. It doesn't mean we can't complain. It doesn't mean that we aren't also treated unfairly.

I don't want a stimulus check. I don't want anyone to get a stimulus check because I feel the whole premise of printing trillions out of thin air does more harm to the economy than 1200 will do help the economy.

Stop being a Karen and realize that we all have reasons to bitch and its ok.
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 8:35 am
Posted by DiamondDog
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2019
10595 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:27 am to
quote:

This thread reminds me of all the Twitter videos where Karens attack someone. It starts with one person exercising their right to think freely. Then, one Karen junket on him. Then another bond in with some bullshite argument. Then another agrees with her. Then another. Next thing you know, the poor person is called so many names he can't even defend himself anymore.

My wife and I together make around 300, so I feel the same pain as the OP. Yes, we are comfortable. It doesn't mean we can't complain. It doesn't mean that we aren't also treated unfairly.

Agreed. I’m 34, my wife is 31. We have a long long career ahead of us. In 20 years, yeah, our wealth probably makes us “rich”. Now? We’re starting out really with less than 2 years at this level.

Telling me I’m rich is absurd. I don’t even own a home yet.
Posted by auggie
Opelika, Alabama
Member since Aug 2013
28107 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:30 am to
You can call The IRS. I just talked to them last week about something.
In your case, try this number 800-919-9835
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 8:40 am
Posted by GalvoAg
Galveston TX
Member since Apr 2012
10853 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:36 am to
It’s always easy to punch down
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Member since Jan 2004
423240 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:36 am to
quote:

This thread reminds me of all the Twitter videos where Karens attack someone. It starts with one person exercising their right to think freely. Then, one Karen jumps on him. Then another joins in with some bullshite argument. Then another agrees with her. Then another. Next thing you know, the poor person is called so many names he can't even defend himself anymore.

My wife and I together make around 300, so I feel the same pain as the OP. Yes, we are comfortable. It doesn't mean we can't complain.

nobody says you can't complain

the issue is that you're not "middle class". not really even close to it

this is a pet project of mine. if you need proof, see this thread from 2010
Posted by DiamondDog
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2019
10595 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:42 am to
See my response to you above. It wasn’t a direct reply to your post.
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Member since Jan 2004
423240 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:45 am to
i understand what you are saying. in fact, in that thread i posted the guy i was calling out (Gaston) would often complain that he didn't "feel" middle class b/c he didn't have these specific upper-middle/rich variables that his parents afforded him

the problem is perspective. i can summarize this very easily. do you have savings? investments?
Posted by DiamondDog
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2019
10595 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:46 am to
Also, I live in LC. From your thread in 2010:

quote:

here in LC that's a baller out in greywood or LCCC

Dummy’s buy out there. We’re likely buying a $300-$400k house and being done with it. LC folks have this strange obsession with spending way way beyond their means. Greywood is a prime example.
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:47 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 7/28/20 at 9:03 am
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Member since Jan 2004
423240 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:47 am to
oh no doubt. this impending crunch (from the Covid-depression and shale being gutted) is going to possibly frick up Greywood

i think the smart play is upper Moss Bluff/south Beauregard
Posted by DiamondDog
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2019
10595 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:53 am to
quote:

the problem is perspective. i can summarize this very easily. do you have savings? investments?

Nothing substantial besides a new brokerage account with $2500 in it and $55,000 in a 401k.

We paid off a lot of debt the past two years that helped get us where we are today. We’re finally free of bad decisions and really starting out at this stable income level.

But yeah, give me more time, I see your point. But again, you can tell me I’m a top earner at this point but I’m not rich. This point in the timeline at this singularity is not representative of 10 years from now. Right now, I’m making it because I don’t have time on my side.
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Member since Jan 2004
423240 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:56 am to
quote:

Nothing substantial besides a new brokerage account with $2500 in it and $55,000 in a 401k.

anything above $0 puts you ahead of almost half of the US

that's why i asked. it's a matter of perspective. people who are doing middle class (and above) things don't really associate much with the mass of people who are way below them. you associate with other people at/near your station and it creates a severe priming effect

so the next issue is defining what "middle" means. are we talking about the middle third? of income/savings?

some people seem to want to expand "middle" class to mean about 80% of the population
Posted by Aubie Spr96
lolwut?
Member since Dec 2009
41181 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 8:58 am to
Nothing worse than being a successful small business owner. Get abused every day by city, state, county, and federal gov’ts and not get shite back.
Posted by oilattorney4lsu
Baton Rouge
Member since Jul 2009
2068 posts
Posted on 7/28/20 at 9:01 am to
quote:

The $200,000-350,000 earners just carrying the weight for all the poors around here.

Let’s make a list of what government does for people like me? Absolutely nothing.

Obviously this must be combined family income for you because if you are truly making good money, you don’t ask “what has the government done for me?”

That’s not even a concern for people making true bank.
Jump to page
Page First 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 13Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram