Started By
re: .

Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:32 am to
Posted by Parmen
Member since Apr 2016
18317 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:32 am to
That image is from a toy released for Episode III, I own it. It's a die cast of the Falcon from its small appearance in Episode III on Coruscant and it had that blue paint on it.
Posted by PsychTiger
Member since Jul 2004
98842 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:39 am to
quote:

You people are the worst Jesus Christ

To be fair, the job of best Jesus Christ was already taken.
Posted by asurob1
On the edge of the galaxy
Member since May 2009
26971 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:48 am to
quote:

Easy explanation: that's not the Falcon.

Shhh...fox is busy raging about a fictional ship in a fictional universe about how it's not realistic.
Posted by Ace Midnight
Between sanity and madness
Member since Dec 2006
89493 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:50 am to
quote:

it’s better to just leave it to your imagination
Posted by Green Chili Tiger
Lurking the Tin Foil Hat Board
Member since Jul 2009
47590 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:53 am to
1) That's not the Falcon

2) All my fears have been put to rest by this teaser poster.

All is well. Lando has a cape!

Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 10:53 am to
quote:

asurob1

Shut the frick up, dude. Your worst then the other guy and a idiot.
This post was edited on 2/5/18 at 10:54 am
Posted by asurob1
Member since May 2009
26971 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 11:11 am to
But I’m a cool idiot
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 11:36 am to
quote:

I think quite a few actors can play Indiana jones, but only ford can play han solo. it's like having someone who isn't james earl jones voice darth vader. just can't do it.

Well this was a poor example
Posted by King George
Member since Dec 2013
5357 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 11:40 am to
quote:

I had no idea this is how the freighter was supposed to work. That's pretty cool. So if the Falcon in the OP is from the new movie, then it was altered and then restored at some point. Maybe the first alteration has something to do with making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.
Posted by blueboy
Member since Apr 2006
56280 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 11:42 am to
quote:

Jesus, that looks like it came from central casting at the SyFy channel.

Like Flash Gordon: The Series bad.
Posted by The Easter Bunny
Minnesota
Member since Jan 2005
45567 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 11:45 am to
quote:

the rest? i'm mostly with you...not very good. 4 really awful movies, 2 kind of eh, boring movies

Mostly agreed. 5/9 I enjoy. The other 4 I loathe and pretend don't exist

Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back - awesome
Return of the Jedi, TFA, Rogue One - entertaining and fun
Prequels and TLJ - steaming piles of shite
Posted by Scoob
Near Exxon
Member since Jun 2009
20354 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 11:53 am to
quote:

Star Wars fatigue will end up hurting a lot of these movies going forward. For every good movie they make, there will be two bad ones

per year, apparently...

Disney will kill this franchise, I think.

As much as Lucas' actual creation, timing also played a huge part in the explosion of SW popularity.

We got a lot of cool looking stuff placed on screen, and then... we got years to imagine and daydream about that. Boba Fett looked neat, but we knew nothing. So we filled in the blanks, at home at first, and then over the years with books etc. By the time the prequels came around, the Fett mythos was in full swing- in the 2nd prequel we had to have Fett (Jango this time) use his suit in combat vs the Super Jedi, and he held his own vs Obi-Wan.

We don't have that time now. We haven't had the time to imagine what the Knights of Ren are, things like that. I don't think TLJ was good, but I haven't had the time to digest it and start thinking "well, this part was cool, I wonder what it was"; heck it might still be in theaters for all I know. And we already have a trailer for another film now. I know it isn't in order, but it's flooding the market with that universe.
Posted by Green Chili Tiger
Lurking the Tin Foil Hat Board
Member since Jul 2009
47590 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 12:02 pm to
quote:

Jesus, that looks like it came from central casting at the SyFy channel.

Like Flash Gordon: The Series bad.

You must not be a fan of the source material.

Posted by blueboy
Member since Apr 2006
56280 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 12:42 pm to
Those two costumes look the same to you?

One of tehm looks like Lando with a cape that someone would actually wear if they were into wearing capes, for whatever reason.

The new Lando looks like some guy on his way to a Halloween party. While the bright yellow does remind me a bit of Silky from The Watchmen, it looks pretty ridiculous on a non-kinky sexual female character.
Posted by keakar
Member since Jan 2017
29970 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 12:42 pm to
quote:

This is getting nit picky.

TLJ was terrible, but why tear down Solo after one 30 second trailer that barely gave anything away? At least give it a chance to suck on screen.

while i can see the point you are making, about some complaints over how peoples expectations arent being met.

everything "known" about star wars is being changed and as far as the ship goes, its all justified criticism based on established "facts" laid out in the series.

the falcon can be all spiffed up, thats cool and i guess it really should be newer and cleaner if its going back into the past, but the created design structure of the ship was the split nose to link up with and push cargo carriers. its pretty clear the ones making creative decision have no clear understanding of star wars and its not about geekdom or tradition, its about established set data laid out in the series of how things are and came to be.

he makes a solid fact based critic on such a stupid change that is nothing but an FU to everything stated as historical facts about the series
This post was edited on 2/5/18 at 12:46 pm
Posted by DisplacedBuckeye
Member since Dec 2013
71387 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 1:10 pm to
quote:

ts about established set data laid out in the series of how things are and came to be

Where is that data?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 1:38 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:47 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 1:40 pm to
(no message)
Posted by asurob1
Member since May 2009
26971 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 2:52 pm to
quote:

I didn’t say it wasn’t realistic

when did I say that? They’re using a pre-established design, making it a few cosmetic changes to make it frick ugly, and passing it off as original

Original would be to not have the millennium falcon.

Here, let me solve this mystery for you.

quote:

At some point, the ship acquired the name Millennium Falcon, and came into the hands of a human gambler called Lando Calrissian, who began to modify the freighter, inside and out. However, Calrissian ended up betting his ship in a "Corellian Spike" game of sabacc, and he lost to the smuggler Han Solo.

It's a pretty good bet that the ship you saw was either not the Falcon, or the version of the Falcon that was still Lando's before he began to modify that.

I mean, this is an Origin story...pretty much you have established yourself asone of those neckbeard fans looking to bitch about every rivet that might be out of place on a ship that never existed.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/5/18 at 3:44 pm to
(no message)
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 6Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram