(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:46 pm
Posted by Phil A Sheo
equinsu ocha
Member since Aug 2011
12166 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 11:58 am to
quote:

no, but that's the appeal. it looks cool and it's a piece of shite.

Yeah I get that.. But how did the ship get there is what I'm trying to convey.

quote:

see the bad guys have the sleek new ships and the good guys have the total piece of shite because it tell the audience very basic yet important information in a movie about rebels and empire

That has been true for the Rebels and resistance.. That doesn't necessarily hold true for anything in this movie.

The ship was in Lando's hands prior, a guy who likes nice things and has always had a extra republic credits laying around.. Why is it shocking to anyone the ship is pimped out so to speak??

Han's character on the other hand has been that of a scam artist and has a problem or two paying debts off..
That would make sense as to why the ship would be in a bit a under construction status..

Plus if.. and I know this is a big IF ... they add in some of the legends material then it would all tie together..

quote:

it's like if your main character was a pirate captain but he was on this really clean, new and well cared for ship...that would be dumb, right?

If we're talking the golden age of piracy... yes, mainly b/c they managed to steal some really nice boats for back then..

Somali pirates.. No, those dinghy's they attack people in take balls to pilot.
This post was edited on 2/6/18 at 11:59 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:15 pm to
(no message)
Posted by CarRamrod
Spurbury, VT
Member since Dec 2006
57429 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:19 pm to
quote:

a guy who likes nice things
what makes you say that?

Nothing in Empire protrays him as what you are saying. To me He is like the poor hoodrat who spent all his money to pimp out his POS cutlass. Somewhere down the line he lucked out and became in control of Cloud City now he is trying to play the part of clean cut non hood rat.
This post was edited on 2/6/18 at 12:22 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:24 pm to
(no message)
Posted by H-Town Tiger
Member since Nov 2003
59098 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:27 pm to
quote:

it's just funny how every star wars movie is going to rely on the originals to be relevant

This, I think has been the biggest problem going back to even the prequels where everything is just a reference to something in the originals, even to the point of making no sense at all (Anikan making C3PO, this would be like a guy building his own car and making a Camry) or the little kids being trained with light sabres using a ball and helmets with the blast Shield down like Luke did when killing time on the Falcon going to Alderaan).

It’s a shame because there’s potential for great stories but it appears all originality is gone.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:28 pm to
(no message)
Posted by Phil A Sheo
equinsu ocha
Member since Aug 2011
12166 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:34 pm to
quote:

n only 45 seconds I see they're being chased by tie fighters. just a guess, but I guess this is a heist movie and they're stealing something from the empire...and kind of joking but not really, probably something to do with the death star

True, But what part of the movie is that scene occurring.. who knows. Seriously let hope that it has ZERO to do with the Death Star.

quote:

I mean, ok so he lost his ship in a card game...he plays cards and gambles with people like han, not really a refined individual

Yeah, but I know plenty of unrefined people that have money and drive pricey cars not seeing the point here.

quote:

lando is seedy. he's a black han solo. I bet this movie does make him rapper cool though...you know because he's black so we have to have him drinking fine shite, wearing a pinky ring

Of course I've always gotten that vibe form his character honestly.

quote:

I don't know or care about the books but I hope it works out for you. it's nice to reward the fans with something just for them.

I could careless either way. From the scuttlebutt Ron H has taken material from canon, games and legends.

I was just offering a possibility as to why we're seeing what we are seeing.

quote:

ok, another comparison...imagine the fast and the furious with lambos and Ferraris. all these lower middle class kids driving those doesn't make sense, right? no, in fact I remember they had a scene where the kid's mazda or whatever smokes some dude in a Lamborghini

Yeah, this one makes more sense. Lando has a run of the mill cargo ship and added some bling... Likening to the kid who buys a Honda civic for 5G's then does a motor swap and turbo charging for double that so he can out run v8's..

And if you're referring the first movie.. That's a Toyota Supra vs Ferraris 355.. Granted the Supra wasn't cheap then , but it was half the cost off the showroom floor as the 355.. But, a few minor bolt-ons for a Supra makes it a rocket ship..
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:43 pm to
quote:

Of course I've always gotten that vibe form his character honestly.
I suspect it will be over the top and constant.

1980 was a long time ago, they're going to update his blackness and i'm going to laugh as all of these woke cracka progressives celebrate lando being turned into a borderline racist caricature of a black rapper.

lando in a top hat and fur coat driving a rolls on 20s off the lot while making it rain and having chick in the front seat twerk it right in his face
This post was edited on 2/6/18 at 12:44 pm
Posted by Phil A Sheo
equinsu ocha
Member since Aug 2011
12166 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:47 pm to
quote:

what makes you say that?

This is literally taken from Canon material
quote:

After losing the Falcon, Calrissian put an end to his days as a smuggler. He fancied himself a respectable businessman,[9] and referred to himself as a "galactic entrepreneur."

Also he has existed outside of Empire and RotJ. The movie should paint a bit broader picture of who he is and what he's about. So staying true to his character a guy that presents himself as a business man and refers to himself that way.. My description would then makes sense.. The boy got some coin in his pockets and he's going to buy some stuff.. Mainly for putting on a front..
Posted by Phil A Sheo
equinsu ocha
Member since Aug 2011
12166 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:50 pm to
quote:

I suspect it will be over the top and constant.

I hope not honestly. That would be a huge turn off.

quote:

980 was a long time ago, they're going to update his blackness and i'm going to laugh as all of these woke cracka progressives celebrate lando being turned into a borderline racist caricature of a black rapper. lando in a top hat and fur coat driving a rolls on 20s off the lot while making it rain and having chick in the front seat twerk it right in his face

... This sounds like a Robot Chicken skit tbh..
Posted by extremetigerfanatic
Denham Springs
Member since Oct 2003
5364 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:57 pm to
I have a question Fox. Can be for Unknownknight and others too. Serious question.

Now that it's confirmed that Disney has ruined Star Wars forever, are you going to continue to go to all of the new Disney DW movies? Or are you just done and you refuse to go?

I guess I'm just the kind of person that when somethings not up my alley I walk away. Like Breaking Bad. A ton of people love it, it just wasn't my jam, so I stopped watching and never looked back. I don't know why. But I also don't try to tell people it sucked.

So was just wondering if you are getting close to being done or if you really feel the need to find out how far that stick will actually go up your arse?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 12:57 pm to
(no message)
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:08 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:45 pm
Posted by mizzoubuckeyeiowa
Member since Nov 2015
35463 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:13 pm to
And isn't Han only supposed to be 30 years old in A New Hope?

So, it's only about 10 years later from Solo A Star Wars Story and the ship has turned into a "piece of junk?"
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:17 pm to
(no message)
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:22 pm to
(no message)
Posted by Phil A Sheo
equinsu ocha
Member since Aug 2011
12166 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:30 pm to
quote:

hat shite always happens...the audience knows lando is cool and is expecting him to be cool so they're going to way overcompensate in meeting our expectations.

Exactly..I have faith though.. that typically doesn't fit Ron Howard's directing style that I can recall.. So here's hoping..

Posted by Phil A Sheo
equinsu ocha
Member since Aug 2011
12166 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:34 pm to
quote:

So, it's only about 10 years later from Solo A Star Wars Story and the ship has turned into a "piece of junk?"

Swatting Tie fighters out of the sky like he did in the trailer a few times will jar some things loose I'd presume.

Posted by DisplacedBuckeye
Member since Dec 2013
71381 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:41 pm to
quote:

Surely they’ll show that all of the wear and tear isn’t from a series of awesome adventures but instead Han flew it into a lake and it’s all water damage

first pageprev pagePage 5 of 6Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram