77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:44 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:44 pm
Posted by DisplacedBuckeye
Member since Dec 2013
71439 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:46 pm to
I'm more concerned about how they're going to transform that pussy in the trailer into Han Solo.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:49 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:44 pm
Member since Dec 2013
71439 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:52 pm to
I think this Han is really a force projection by Yoda. That's why he sounds weird. The real Han is isolated somewhere and growing up strong. Drinking his milk and what not.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:54 pm to
Member since Dec 2013
71439 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 1:56 pm to
Posted by H-Town Tiger
Member since Nov 2003
59098 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 2:26 pm to
quote:

force awakens for many got a pass for a few reasons and abrams clearly gets the basic dna of star wars

It was basically a soft reboot. It was ok, though after repeated viewings it’s lost impact for me. But the worst tie in to the OT is the Millennium Falcon. It was a piece of junk 30 years earlier and needing constant repairs. Would it really work after sitting around on a desert planet for God Knows how long? Should have been enough to just have original characters
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 3:23 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:42 pm
Posted by Josh Fenderman
Ron Don Volante's PlayPen
Member since Jul 2011
6704 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 6:09 pm to
Ill continue to come back here and scan the front to see if there’s anything interesting.

However, I won’t bother with Star Wars threads anymore so you and fox can continue to jerk each other off while lovingly whispering into each other’s ears how terrible it is now
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 6:13 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 5:39 pm
Posted by keakar
Member since Jan 2017
29976 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 6:41 pm to
quote:

It was basically a soft reboot. It was ok, though after repeated viewings it’s lost impact for me. But the worst tie in to the OT is the Millennium Falcon. It was a piece of junk 30 years earlier and needing constant repairs. Would it really work after sitting around on a desert planet for God Knows how long? Should have been enough to just have original characters

i kind of thought the same that the ship was such a beat up POS junk pile barely kept flying that it was too much of a stretch to still have it in action at that point especially considering its pretty much a civilian warship constantly receiving battle damage on a regular basis

i guess they could have spent a few seconds stating it was completely restored and refitted like new to keep it in the fight, but then maybe the audience is just left to assume something along those lines.

at some point you cant expect everything to be tied in and explained neatly but there needs to be at least a trail of bread crumbs to lead you on a path that makes things make sense for what you are seeing on screen
Posted by meeple
Carcassonne
Member since May 2011
9350 posts
Posted on 2/6/18 at 8:14 pm to
quote:

after 30 years off screen they introduced it with rey saying "that one's garbage"

Not to mention that Lando refers to it as such after not seeing it for years.
quote:

She’s the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!

We’re also led to believe that Lando hasn’t seen the Falcon or Han since he won it off of him by their conversation. At any rate it’s been a long time either way at least.

Did Lando suddenly realize that the Falcon was a hunk of junk after not seeing it for many years? Did he think that Han just trashed it? Of course not.

Either the original Star Wars fans are being trolled, or Disney is clearly giving us the middle finger or hasn’t a clue what they’re doing.
Posted by RuLSU
Chicago, IL
Member since Nov 2007
8064 posts
Posted on 2/7/18 at 8:33 am to
quote:

i don't want or need a movie to fill in those details for me

I suspect Disney has different ideas.
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 6Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram