Posted by
Message
GynoSandberg
Houston Astros Fan
Member since Jan 2006
65563 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Peat backs up both tackles

And he will never see 57 mil


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
11
partywiththelombardi
New Orleans Saints Fan
Member since May 2012
10492 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Keep him
Let him walk after the season if you cant resign him
Due to all the guys we are trying to retain we wont be overly active in FA
Pocket the free comp pick


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
30
ffhouston
USA Fan
The Woodlands
Member since Sep 2007
3457 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Loomis needs to sweeten the pot a bit (maybe a later round 2020 or 2021 pick) and shake loose one of Seattle's second round picks instead of a late third.

That being said, I like the idea of going into the season w/ the entire OL back. It's a risk/reward thing for this season, no question.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
30
YoubeHillin
Army Fan
New Orleans
Member since Sep 2019
567 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
quote:

Lose the effing weight, Larry


But then what would CSP jerk off too. Hes got arse AND mass


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
03
Chalkywhite84
New Orleans Saints Fan
New orleans
Member since Dec 2016
5277 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford

Seems like they didn't extend him for a reason, but I thought the same thing with peat.

I'd rather not trade warford for a 3rd.
Just let him play out the year


WicKed WayZ
New Orleans Saints Fan
Louisiana Forever
Member since Sep 2011
25099 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Agreed. Just seems like a waste at this point. What are the chances you’re going to find someone like that in round 3?


There isn’t an OL worthy of 24 unless someone like Wirfs falls


GynoSandberg
Houston Astros Fan
Member since Jan 2006
65563 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
I mean Armstead was a 3rd rd pick. Nicks a 5th. Bushrod a 4th, Evans a 4th, Strief a 7th. There is talent to be had in the middle rounds this year at OL. Eason slides up, rookie becomes depth. Or vice versa. The talent of our OL can absorb a loss of warford

Gain a controllable asset on a affordable contract by trading a guy whose talent has declined and who you won’t resign.

I’m fine with Warford but I’m certainly not ignoring calls from teams who may want him


Lester Earl
LA-Lafayette Fan
Kamaratard
Member since Nov 2003
249627 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Watford was a 3rd too


brewdrees
Member since Aug 2018
1725 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Anything besides one of their 2nd rounds is a nope.


Mpd31
Member since Nov 2019
627 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
quote:

The talent of our OL can absorb a loss of warford


Your offensive line is only as good as your weakest link. It isn’t like defense or skill positions where one player can overcome the weaknesses of the rest of the group. I would rather keep him and let him walk next year.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
30
TD SponsorTD Fan
USA
Member since 2001
Thank you for supporting our sponsors
Advertisement
WicKed WayZ
New Orleans Saints Fan
Louisiana Forever
Member since Sep 2011
25099 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Listen I’m all for upgrading Warford and it’s becoming a well known secret the Saints weren’t happy with him. I’d be all for them trying to get rid of him and drafting someone but acting like he’s going to come in Day 1 and give us what Warford has is optimistic at best




tconle2
LSU Fan
Member since Sep 2011
3792 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
There are plenty of good OGs that can be found later in this draft. Especially in the 3rd.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
Lester Earl
LA-Lafayette Fan
Kamaratard
Member since Nov 2003
249627 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Doubt you get a second for a 1yr rental guard


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
20
GynoSandberg
Houston Astros Fan
Member since Jan 2006
65563 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Weve upgraded incumbent/departed OL via the draft throughout this Loomis and Payton tenure though. Often from the middle rounds. So there is reason for optimism if in fact this is the direction they want to go in

I think if they are serious about replacing him, they could at least find someone to give what warford gave last season. Whether it’s drafting an OT who can play G, a C who could play G, or just drafting a G.


DaRagingTiger
LSU Fan
NoLa
Member since Feb 2020
92 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
You are literally reaching from thin air with this
… assumptions don’t do anything


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
WicKed WayZ
New Orleans Saints Fan
Louisiana Forever
Member since Sep 2011
25099 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
but what a rookie guard for sure be better than Warford? Maybe, maybe not.


Mpd31
Member since Nov 2019
627 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
They are going to need to replace him but it doesn’t have to be this year. You can typically find a plug and play starting offensive lineman in the first two rounds. After that they might need a year or two to developer.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
GynoSandberg
Houston Astros Fan
Member since Jan 2006
65563 posts
 Online 

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
There is no sure things in the draft. Top 10 OL have flopped

But being in shape and motivated would be a good start. OL fall off fast. Saints know better than us. There’s been smoke w warford all offseason.


THRILLHO
New Orleans Pelicans Fan
New Orleans, LA
Member since Apr 2006
48054 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
quote:

Saints know better than us. There’s been smoke w warford all offseason.


And it's Brees's final season. Payton doesn't give a shite about that 3rd right now. There's a 5% chance that any "smoke" was leaked by our FO looking for assets, and 95% chance the "smoke" is from Warford's people looking for a new deal.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
20
LSUFM57
LSU Fan
Member since Jul 2012
305 posts

re: The Athletic suggests a Saints-Seahawks trade centering on Larry Warford
Saints are all-in this year. I wouldn’t do it. Looks to be Brees last year, expect to see lots of Brees next year in the booth instead of the field.
All or nothing this year


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
10
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 4next pagelast page

Back to top

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram