Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/29/18 at 5:59 pm to
Posted by I B Freeman
Member since Oct 2009
27843 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 5:59 pm to
I think these Central Americans are coming for the food and housing. The conditions in those countries are horrible.

I welcome any of them if they are brought here by an employer.

I do think there should be financial criteria--they should have to have health insurance since there will be no way to care for them should they need health care except welfare if we do not require that. I wish we had did not have all the socialized medicine we have but that is a different issue.
Posted by TigerAxeOK
Where I lay my head is home.
Member since Dec 2016
24968 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 6:02 pm to
The dims aren't willing to spend a one-time, $25b'ish payment to completely fund the wall, but they're happily spending well over that amount every single year on free shite and entitlement programs.

Welcome to the USA in 2018. The entire political system is broken and corrupted, and needs razed to the ground.
Posted by Powerman
Member since Jan 2004
162258 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 6:07 pm to
quote:

I totally disagree with you.

These people are coming here because the welfare benefits are better.

They're coming here to work

The welfare problem is with American citizens

For an attorney you're not particularly bright
Posted by VOR
Member since Apr 2009
63651 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 6:18 pm to
Posters like him are going to “believe” whattheywantto “believe” in order to justify their agenda. Virtually every Latino I’ve known has come to America to work hard
Posted by Wednesday
Member since Aug 2017
15462 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 6:19 pm to
quote:

They're coming here to work

Sure. Some illegal immigrants are coming here to work. But illegal Immigrants either get paid in cash, or commit identity theft to earn income. Either way, their income isn’t reported to the government at the time of receipt of welfare benefits, which are an incentive and supplement to the income they are earning illegally.

For a shite talker, you don’t seem very bright.

quote:

whattheywantto “believe” in order to justify their agenda. Virtually every Latino I’ve known has come to America to work hard

And I don’t have any problem with legal immigrants. But illegal ones, I have no patience for. No matter how “hard” these people want to work - they do not comply with our laws, and are taking benefits that exist to take care of our own citizens, working for cash and living under the radar. It is woefully unfair to people that depend on public housing, health care and education in this country. Illegal immigrants have no regard for our laws, they flout the responsibilities of complying with them while the most fragile and disadvantaged citizens in the country are the ones ultimately paying the price for illegal aliens to come here to educate their children for free. And those people don’t even get a thank you. They just get ignored. It’s disgusting.
This post was edited on 7/29/18 at 6:25 pm
Posted by Kickadawgitfeelsgood
Lafayette LA
Member since Nov 2005
14089 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 6:42 pm to
@DonaldJTrump

I misspoke again. What I meant to say is “I WOULDN’T shut the government down”
Posted by Jbird
In Bidenville with EthanL
Member since Oct 2012
73479 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 6:44 pm to
2/10
Posted by TupeloTiger
Tupelo,Ms.[via Bastrop,La.]
Member since Jul 2004
4340 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 7:30 pm to
Yes they do get welfare and a lot of food stamps. T see about 25 families of Mexicans and about 3 Arab families get it every month. One Mexican Muslim woman gets $900 in food stamps and 600 in welfare. She has 5 children and 3 adult men come in with her every 2 weeks or so. They are a family of a father and 2 brothers I guess. They drive a white Escalade. I have a 05 Ford Crown Vick. I buy specials, they buy the best meat in the store. It's not right. They won't speak English, only Spanish or Arab.
Posted by asurob1
On the edge of the galaxy
Member since May 2009
26971 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 9:05 pm to
quote:

When will the wall be built? The correct answer is never.

This is the correct answer.

Two years and Mexico still hasn't sent a peso for Trump's wall.
Posted by blackjackjackson
fourth dimension
Member since May 2008
7675 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 9:17 pm to
frick the fbi,
frick the doj,
frick the cia,
frick the dem,
frick the gop!
frick the usa!

build the motherfricking wall!

build the wall!
Posted by Sp0rtsBa11
Member since Jul 2018
84 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 10:06 pm to
quote:

So why are they building it currently in San Diego?

That repair and replacement of existing fence was planned under the Obama administration. Calling that "the wall" kind of kills the whole "Democrats want open borders" lie that Trump has been selling to his loyal band of idiots lately.
Posted by Tchefuncte Tiger
Bat'n Rudge
Member since Oct 2004
57343 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 10:22 pm to
quote:

Of course, because most republicans are political pussies who worry about negative media coverage. They enjoy being timid and would likely prefer to return to minority status so they can talk a big game knowing the Dem majority is their backstop.

Forcefully going out on a limb scares the majority of them. They are easily cowed clowns who just enjoy being at the table.

This sums up perfectly the current Republican Party.
Posted by DavidTheGnome
Monroe
Member since Apr 2015
29223 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 10:38 pm to
quote:

Posters like him are going to “believe” whattheywantto “believe” in order to justify their agenda. Virtually every Latino I’ve known has come to America to work hard

This. One can disagree with illegal immigration (I do) but they aren’t coming here to be welfare queens even though that seems like the easy thing to attack. I’ve never seen a lazy couch potato illegal Latino. It disingenuous to try and paint that as the driving force for the migration. It’s about jobs and safety, and once they get here they bust their arse out there in the heat doing shite I’d rather not do. I’m fine with the measures to fix the problems, but let’s be realistic about who it is we’re talking about.
Posted by pinkrabbit
Member since Jul 2018
6 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 11:29 pm to
quote:

3) end the quotas on H1B and H2A visas and add to the criteria that such visa holders must have health insurance. These Visas should be unlimited and should be enforced

This is the one I can't get behind. You're suggesting we massively increase temporary workers? We already bring in 2.4 million a year. 50 million? 150 million? What's the upper limit in your estimation? Supply and demand is actually a very real thing, despite what you might believe.
This post was edited on 7/29/18 at 11:30 pm
Posted by nola000
Lacombe, LA
Member since Dec 2014
13139 posts
Posted on 7/29/18 at 11:36 pm to
quote:

3. Wall and deportations don't work. Just have open borders. It's better for everyone

You should leave your car and house doors open. It's better for everyone.
This post was edited on 7/29/18 at 11:36 pm
Posted by trinidadtiger
Member since Jun 2017
13514 posts
Posted on 7/30/18 at 12:41 am to
quote:

This. One can disagree with illegal immigration (I do) but they aren’t coming here to be welfare queens even though that seems like the easy thing to attack. I’ve never seen a lazy couch potato illegal Latino. It disingenuous to try and paint that as the driving force for the migration. It’s about jobs and safety, and once they get here they bust their arse out there in the heat doing shite I’d rather not do. I’m fine with the measures to fix the problems, but let’s be realistic about who it is we’re talking about.

No offense Dave, but you need to get out of Monroe more often. Go to Miami, Chicago, or most of Cali or south Texas. First gen illegals are FAR more likely to be on social programs than average Americans. Illegal immigrants cost the US approx 125 billion a year, thats net of "taxes" they pay.
Posted by starsandstripes
Georgia
Member since Nov 2017
11897 posts
Posted on 7/30/18 at 12:46 am to
quote:

2) immediately give green cards to any non citizen here that is working, paying income tax and has health insurance. Green card folks do not get welfare or EITC either. These green cards will be revoked if they fail to keep a job and fail to have health insurance

So, reward them for breaking our law and violating our border.....um, frick no. Put them in prison for 5 years. No parole, no money, no nothing. Forced labor. Then on a plane and back to shithole of origin.

Further, if you hire someone without going through verification to insure they are legal, then you spend a day in prison for every day that goes by where the illegal remains at large.

There is no reason to play nice with this.

What US citizen gets rewarded, by statute, for violating our law? None. You are not allowed to benefit from your wrongdoing.

Build the wall. Immediately. Catch - imprison for mandatory sentence or until the plane is ready. I don't even give a shite if the plane lands. Kick them out the door static line style.

Also, what you recommend here will never, ever, ever be enforced. Do you have any idea how many more govt employees and embedded cost there will be to verify tens of millions of people having health insurance, employment etc? It's impossible. And so what if you revoke the green card - they go on doing the same as they've been doing, don't pay health insurance, don't have to pay taxes, can work for cash under the table and so on. There's no incentive for them play by the rules. They make more money and stand highly likely to get away with violating that provision, and if they do violate it, there is no punishment.

frick this idea. It sounds like something straight from the Paul Ryan book of bullshite.
Posted by gthog61
Irving, TX
Member since Nov 2009
71001 posts
Posted on 7/30/18 at 5:23 am to
quote:

I’ve never seen a lazy couch potato illegal Latino

Anecdotal evidence is the best!
Posted by olddawg26
Member since Jan 2013
24633 posts
Posted on 7/30/18 at 5:25 am to
Go back to the other thread where I pwned you
Posted by Wednesday
Member since Aug 2017
15462 posts
Posted on 7/30/18 at 7:38 am to
quote:

This. One can disagree with illegal immigration (I do) but they aren’t coming here to be welfare queens even though that seems like the easy thing to attack. I’ve never seen a lazy couch potato illegal Latino. It disingenuous to try and paint that as the driving force for the migration.

The driving force for the migration is what these migrants see as the benefits of living in the US. These benefits of education, healthcare, and education are far superior to those not only in Central American nations - but also in other nations where economic “refugees” originate.

Illegals may have jobs, but they are low skilled jobs, paid at a wage that’s higher in the home country but lower than it would be for American Citizens without the influx of cheap labor. So great. They have jobs. These jobs are either paid in cash without withholdings or obtained thru identity theft.

They are stealing from me and you on a daily baisis. Worse, The influx of illegals has driven down wages on an already low paid segment of society and overburdened a social welfare system that wasn’t designed to speak 19 languages. They are stealing not only from
me and you, but also from our most vulnerable children, elderly and disabled.

I don’t “believe” illegal aliens are necessarily lazy but I do think that they are hoarding resources that are meant for our most vulnerable citizens. I find that despicable. These foreigners are ultimately harming poor Americans the most - no matter how hardworking you believe they are.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram