re: .

Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:25 pm to
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
124188 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:25 pm to
quote:

Not true. You're wrong. Post your source.
John McCain would never have had the chance were it not for his father's and GF's postions in the Navy. McCain was a career frick up, and a pretty terrible combat pilot.
Those facts make the Forrestal yarn quite believable.

Considering previous pressure on Navy officers to soften their critiques, if John McCain were responsible, the Forrestal incident report would still likely look just as it does now.
This post was edited on 7/3/18 at 2:32 pm
Posted by VOR
Member since Apr 2009
63658 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:35 pm to
quote:

When you add up the sum of his life and evaluate it based on everything, John McCain will go down as a piece of shite...all things considered.

Hate to break it to you, but refusing to march in lockstep with right wing orthodoxy as currently espoused, does not make anyone, especally a former POW, a POS. Have at least a little respect and decency.
Posted by Jbird
In Bidenville with EthanL
Member since Oct 2012
73479 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:36 pm to
quote:

Hate to break it to you, but refusing to march in lockstep with right wing orthodoxy as currently espoused, does not make anyone, especally a former POW, a POS. Have at least a little respect and decency.
Muh Mavericky!
Posted by Homesick Tiger
Greenbrier, AR
Member since Nov 2006
54231 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:41 pm to
quote:

but refusing to march in lockstep with right wing orthodoxy as currently espoused

Uh, I think that was exactly was he was elected for, the wishes of his electorate and not the wishes of his own self.
Posted by Snipe
Member since Nov 2015
11004 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:42 pm to
The word "Hero" has little meaning in the American English language any more. It's been so wrongly applied for so long it can never recover.
Posted by AlceeFortier
Member since Dec 2016
1795 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:43 pm to
thank you for your service mr trump. trump saying what he did about capture was a dick move. no need for it except to manipulate his base.
Posted by The Maj
Member since Sep 2016
27196 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:45 pm to
quote:

lockstep with right wing orthodoxy

Yeah, no one should expect him to act like a Republican because we all know he ran as a Dem... wait...
Posted by HeyHeyHogsAllTheWay
Member since Feb 2017
12458 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:46 pm to
quote:

Coming from a Democrat, that could not be funnier.

I swear to God if one Democrat came out and said "I think we should murder Trump" by the end of the week, 90% of Democrats in Congress would be on TV talking about knifing the bastard in the throat.
Posted by celltech1981
Member since Jul 2014
8139 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:47 pm to
quote:

Traitorous mfer.

how so? I agree that he is a horrible war hawk but what has he done that is traitorous? seriously wondering.
Posted by Homesick Tiger
Greenbrier, AR
Member since Nov 2006
54231 posts
quote:

thank you for your service mr trump

Glad you're giving credence to the office of president as opposed to a captured soldier. No doubt Trump has done more for this country in less than two years than McCain did as a long term senator.
Posted by Bunyan
He/Him
Member since Oct 2016
20828 posts
quote:

I admire fricking draft dodgers with bone spurs

He's doing a fantastic job as Commander in chief, so that criticism is ridiculous
Posted by WillieNelsonsDoobie
Bogata
Member since May 2014
1427 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 2:49 pm to
This must be the Republican Underground.

Posted by Godfather1
What WAS St George, Louisiana
Member since Oct 2006
79943 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 3:13 pm to
quote:

thank you for your service mr trump.

You mean the Commander-in-Chief?

That title Senator McCain spent his entire life coveting, yet will never have? You know, the fact that eats away at his very soul every day?
This post was edited on 7/3/18 at 3:14 pm
Posted by texridder
The Woodlands, TX
Member since Oct 2017
14231 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 3:17 pm to
quote:

Considering previous pressure on Navy officers to soften their critiques, if John McCain were responsible, the Forrestal incident report would still likely look just as it does now.

Pretty nebulous response.

Eye witnesses said it was the plane next to McCain's that caused the problem.
Posted by SoulGlo
Shinin' Through
Member since Dec 2011
17248 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 3:20 pm to
quote:

He was a Hero, but he let his personal feelings get in the way of his politics. He also sought out the love from the media and only one way to do that, throw your voters under the bus

Can't argue with this. The guy did a couple good things, but has negatively affected his constituents for his entire career.
Posted by 56lsu
jackson mich
Member since Dec 2005
7441 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 3:36 pm to
standard reply from the trump loving clique for anybody that dares disagree with the con man in chief. they don't even know what the word means.
Posted by Mulat
Avalon Bch, FL
Member since Sep 2010
17517 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 3:40 pm to
quote:

He was a Hero, but he let his personal feelings get in the way of his politics.

I know the courage it took to climb into an aircraft and take on their weapons systems, supplied to them by the Soviets.

Sad what he did to himself, his state and America, I think he is mentally ill from captivity.
Posted by moneyg
Member since Jun 2006
56690 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 3:51 pm to
quote:

He's a piece of shite. His positive contributions to the country and sacrifices he made pale in comparison to his dishonesty and blatant disregard for the health of the country.

I love that you align yourself with John McCain.

He's a piece of shite. You are also a piece of shite. I love that he will leave this earth knowing that his legacy will be a negative one.

Likewise, you'll have to deal with the fact that you align yourself with admitted communists and haters of this great country. I hope those you leave behind recognize the truth of your beliefs.
This post was edited on 7/3/18 at 3:56 pm
Posted by BlackPawnMartyr
Houston, TX
Member since Dec 2010
15343 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 4:07 pm to
Going to be buy a bottle of good whiskey and celebrate when this country is finally free of his soul.

Though we will still have to work to burn out some of his tentacles.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/3/18 at 4:26 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 4:25 am
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram