Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:10 pm to
Posted by Happygilmore
Happy Place
Member since Mar 2009
1810 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:10 pm to
how much is it costing these days? and any of it covered by vision insurance if you have it?
Posted by S
RIP Wayde
Member since Jan 2007
155540 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:11 pm to
How much does it run nowadays?
Posted by SamuelClemens
Earth
Member since Feb 2015
11727 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:13 pm to
I've wanted LASIK surgery for a decade. The eye doctor says I should wait until I go two years without my vision worsening. She said this will elevate the post surgery expectations. If my vision is continuing to worsen, then she says it will worsen after the surgery also. Makes sense.
Posted by TheFonz
Somewhere in Louisiana
Member since Jul 2016
20375 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:13 pm to
You'll have "Judge Doom Syndrome" for about six months to a year.

Posted by Stevo
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2004
11385 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:16 pm to
quote:

The eye doctor says I should wait until I go two years without my vision worsening. She said this will elevate the post surgery expectations. If my vision is continuing to worsen, then she says it will worsen after the surgery also. Makes sense.

very true. Mid 30's is usually a pretty good age to get this done.
Posted by DirtyMikeandtheBoys
Member since May 2011
19422 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:26 pm to
quote:

What to expect?

An inability to look hip/cool, Bitches love them some hip glasses on dudes.

Posted by knowingabyss
Vermont
Member since Aug 2016
2700 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:29 pm to
Everyone has basically covered all of it.

1. The actual procedure took MAYBE 5 minutes? 30 minutes of prep, but the surgery is over in no times.

2. The worst part is the halos at night in the beginning or the aftercare for about the first week.

3. The doctor will probably recommend 3 days for recovery, but you'll probably be fine by the 1st night.

Congratulations, you're going to love it.
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:29 pm to
They told me $1,900 per eye.
Posted by SippyCup
Gulf Coast
Member since Sep 2008
6139 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:33 pm to
What's the cost?
Posted by WMTigerFAN
Ouachita
Member since Feb 2005
4467 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:35 pm to
Is 59 too old to have lasik? I see fine up close, and okay at a not too far distance until it gets dark. My right eye is definitely the weaker.
Posted by msflower
Louisiana
Member since Apr 2011
470 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 1:50 pm to
Uncomfortable during surgery but no pain. I could see a sign on the wall immediately after surgery that I would have never been able to see before surgery. Go home an sleep the rest of the day. Goggles are a little uncomfortable to sleep in but you get used to them because you have to use them for a week. I had Pain next day and for several days and dry eyes for months after. Can't see very good at night to drive which sucked! I loved that I did it and would recommend it to everyone even with the few complications I had. I love being able to function in life without any contacts or glasses. Good luck !! You won't regret it later!!!
Posted by Fatal Conceit
Ramblin down that dusty ole road
Member since Jun 2017
594 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 2:25 pm to
Monocular vision for life. Blindness possible later in life
Posted by LSUJuicer
Member since Jan 2013
3354 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 2:28 pm to
I went in and took the Valium because my friend said, "trust me you will want more." I wish I never took it. There was a moment of being uncomfortable for like 15 seconds. They pressed around my we socket when opening my eye. But really all that felt like was if someone was pushing on a bruise around your eye socket. No pain even in the eye itself.

I went home, took a four hour nap. Woke up and went to the braves game. At the game I kept looking across the stadium amazed at what I could read without problem. Had my follow up the next day and I was already seeing at a legal level for driving. You do have to do a ton of eye drops after. You will find the order that works best. Think I did the steroid one first and the lubricating drops last.

Went for my one month follow up and I was now at 20/20 vision. I went in with a bad astigmatism. As a previous said, which I did it a lot longer. I bet I laid on the table less than 10 minutes.
Posted by mikelbr
Baton Rouge
Member since Apr 2008
47474 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 2:30 pm to
quote:

Lusk in Shreveport. What's it like? Pain after? Etc.

Tia

A hope a male nurse licks your eyeballs.
Posted by Carson123987
Middle Court at the Rec
Member since Jul 2011
66413 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 2:57 pm to
Is 24 too young to get it done? I'm very nearsighted and I lose my glasses all the time. Tired of buyin new pairs
Posted by msflower
Louisiana
Member since Apr 2011
470 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 3:04 pm to
I wouldn't think you are too young. As long as you been wearing RX for at least two years you should be eligible
Posted by UHTiger
Member since Jan 2007
5231 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 3:04 pm to
I had it done on a Monday and was in vegas Wednesday. My eyes were bloodshot but they would have been anyway. No discomfort or pain whatsoever
Posted by Charlie Arglist
Wichita, Kansas
Member since Nov 2012
5550 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 3:20 pm to
Posted by Evolved Simian
Bushwood Country Club
Member since Sep 2010
20497 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 3:34 pm to
quote:

Is 24 too young to get it done?

I wouldn't think so. I was 27, I believe.

At some point in your 40's or 50's, you'll need glasses or some other correction for reading, though. That's just part of getting old.
Posted by Tiger Prawn
Member since Dec 2016
21888 posts
Posted on 7/3/17 at 3:39 pm to
quote:

how much is it costing these days?

I paid $2000. Think the basic one is $699 per eye but I opted for custom lasik with bladeless flap cut

quote:

any of it covered by vision insurance if you have it?

Don't have vision insurance but from what I've heard in the past they usually dont pay for lasik
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram