re: .

Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:47 pm to
Posted by Kafka
I am the moral conscience of TD
Member since Jul 2007
141785 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:47 pm to
quote:

and? dying? have you seen the fricking ratings books for some of these people? bill gates can blow through a billion dollars and i can find 10k in a parking lot...and?
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
422114 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:49 pm to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:50 pm to
just answer my question. Take all tv and radio clips off of YouTube and make tv disappear

does YouTube have a content crisis? you fricking bet they do
Posted by The Great McGinty
Member since Jan 2017
1384 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:51 pm to
GettingDougWithHigh is the only real podcast out there.
Posted by StrongBackWeakMind
Member since May 2014
22650 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:52 pm to
That was your fricking point?

Brain like a bag of cats.

ETA: To answer your question... if Youtube removed all TV/movie-related content, yes they would have a shitload less content than before. But Youtube will still be there, as would podcasts. Now what's your point?
This post was edited on 4/17/17 at 1:55 pm
Posted by Kafka
I am the moral conscience of TD
Member since Jul 2007
141785 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:52 pm to
quote:

The Great McGinty
so are you named after the preston sturges movie or the old irish song?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:53 pm to
Yeah that's my point to people who say naive things like "tv is dying"
Member since May 2014
22650 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:54 pm to
Sure thing, bud.

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:56 pm to
oh wait, nevermind...I was watching tv and paul McCartney canceled his interview because he's going to be on rubin report.

Member since May 2014
22650 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 1:56 pm to
Take your meds, kids.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 2:01 pm to
quote:

if Youtube removed all TV/movie-related content, yes they would have a shitload less content than before. But Youtube will still be there, as would podcasts. Now what's your point?
i'm not saying youtube is a fad and going anywhere...it certainly has the power to shape content on television to a very small degree just as social media can do that.

but anyone who thinks tv is dying hasn't really thought things through.
Posted by The Great McGinty
Member since Jan 2017
1384 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 2:09 pm to
quote:

Kafka

Movie
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 2:19 pm to
you're wrong...it was someone on the poli board posting a sam harris podcast...the ben shapiro thing was more my confusion as to his lack of ambition.

the guy is a book salesman. I know why he's not on the radio (beyond his inability to be on the radio) or a contributor for fox news or whatever...because he's a book hustler.
Posted by SCLSUMuddogs
Baton Rouge
Member since Feb 2010
6859 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 2:25 pm to
Cool, you don't like podcasts...Also you listed some of the shittier ones.

Hardcore History is a masterpiece. Serial can be enthralling. Pardon My Take is hilarious. Maybe you should just like, idk, try a few out?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 2:28 pm to
quote:

you don't like podcasts
I do

quote:

Also you listed some of the shittier ones
just the ones with delusions of grandeur

quote:

Maybe you should just like, idk, try a few out?
hardcore history sounds interesting...maybe I will...so there
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14510 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 3:32 pm to
quote:

i'm not complaining. I really like podcasts and youtube. I just don't see it as a reinvention of the wheel nor do I think people working in television or radio should be filling out job applications.

The numbers don't back you up. Shows on major news networks sometimes don't even get 100k viewers. That's done by all of those guys you listed.

The decreasing numbers for forms of traditional media is very measurable and the strong uptick in youtube traffic is also very measurable. If you want to argue against causation, go ahead. Fact is, more people go to youtube than watch news.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/17/17 at 3:44 pm to

quote:

The numbers don't back you up
trends have a beginning and an end. and as the numbers go right now, yes they do...raw numbers, youtube is probably bigger but in terms of individual content providers...

look at some of the top channels... Justin beiber, katy perry, taysway, rhiana...they go on oprah or the tonight show...they're not currently yelling at their manager to book them on anyone's podcast.

Posted by MontyFranklyn
T-Town
Member since Jan 2012
23830 posts
Posted on 4/18/17 at 9:45 am to
quote:

I don't mean to downplay what youtube DOES bring to the table

like you mentioned. you can watch it anytime, but I don't see that being a problem with DVR...no one is forgoing one show to watch another...then there's on demand radio...I get what youtube brings to the table, but I think the impact is so fricking overstated
Youtube was kind of the front runner or market leader of this, if you will. On demand radio came years and years later after Youtube had already captured the market. The thing about DVR is you had to be at home to watch it in the past, just recently has the technology to access recorded shows come about. In the tech game that is way too late. Youtube and other social media outlets has opened up some many doors and helped so many people clear once insurmountable barriers to get their voices heard.
Posted by DavidTheGnome
Monroe
Member since Apr 2015
29150 posts
Posted on 4/18/17 at 10:04 am to
Josh & Chuck
Posted by Napoleon
Kenna
Member since Dec 2007
69059 posts
Posted on 4/18/17 at 10:13 am to
The shite the kids watch blows my mind. They have no interest in TV anymore. All Youtube and Netflix. (can't complain)

That little Evan Tube fricker has like $10m.
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 5Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram