Started By
re: .

Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:08 pm to
Posted by burdman
Louisiana
Member since Aug 2007
20686 posts
Your dad is saving you from eternal damnation. I'd be thanking him if I were you.
This post was edited on 6/30/16 at 1:09 pm
Posted by The Mick
Member since Oct 2010
43182 posts
Your family sounds like all the Jews I know, including in-laws. None of them go to services EVER all year long. But they act like they're the most religious folks on earth's surface when other Jews or extended family come around.
Posted by OweO
Plaquemine, La
Member since Sep 2009
114004 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:09 pm to
Tell them you like pork. Whether they get mad or not, it doesn't change the fact you will continue to eat it. Let them know you respect their decision to not eat pork, but because they allowed you to eat it in the past, you do not share the same views as they currently have (make them feel like its their fault while you telling them what the frick you will do).
Posted by pelicansfan123
Member since Jan 2015
2007 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:11 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/9/20 at 5:55 pm
Posted by Hammertime
Will trade dowsing rod for titties
Member since Jan 2012
43030 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:11 pm to
Eat a dick and then ask your dad what he thinks about you eating pork

On the plus side, at least you get like 7 presents and a dradle
This post was edited on 6/30/16 at 1:13 pm
Posted by Goldrush25
San Diego, CA
Member since Oct 2012
33794 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:12 pm to
quote:

Hey everyone. I've recently been getting in fights with family members over pork. My family, on my Dad's side of the family, they refuse to eat pork and my grandfather won't let anyone order pork. This is because, although no one in my family keeps Kosher, for some reason, my Dad's side of the family still follows the Jewish belief of not eating pork. However, at some point, my Dad started to let me eat pork and I've actually grown to really like carnitas and pulled pork. Well, last night I ordered pulled pork (I'm home for summer vacation, so I eat most meals with my family), and when my Dad saw me eating it, he got extremely mad at me. He told me that I'm not allowed to eat pork anymore, and my parents are really mad that I like pork now.

You all must be living a great life if this is a reason to get upset.
Posted by Bad Medicine
Member since Aug 2014
3575 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:14 pm to
Tell them to frick off. Seriously. Anyone who thinks eating pork is bad for that reason is an idiot.
Posted by Caplewood
Atlanta
Member since Jun 2010
39156 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:15 pm to
If you don't accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior you will have to be judged by your family for eternity while all of you burn in hell.
Posted by dbeck
Member since Nov 2014
29453 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:15 pm to
Leave a severed pig head in his bed.
Posted by OweO
Plaquemine, La
Member since Sep 2009
114004 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:16 pm to
quote:

Yes, my parents do pay my bills. I am a college student home for summer vacation, for those who asked. I guess that could be a solution, but I still feel like I shouldn't have to hide what I eat from my own father.

This is where white lies come in handy. Just tell him it's beef next time. Its not like he is going to take it from you, taste test it to see if you're lying.. That way you don't have to hear the bullshite and you go own as you want.
Posted by pelicansfan123
Member since Jan 2015
2007 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:16 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/9/20 at 5:55 pm
Posted by Peazey
Metry
Member since Apr 2012
25418 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:17 pm to
Pretty stupid, but it isn't worth causing waves while you are in their house. You can eat something different, and it shouldn't be any big deal. When you move out if they come over to your place and blow up because you have a packet of bacon in your fridge then that would be crossing the line.

Eta: there's a line in a Bo Burnham song that relates to this that I think is really funny. The song is from the perspective of God. "I created the universe. You think I'm drawing the line at the fricking deli aisle?"
This post was edited on 6/30/16 at 1:21 pm
Posted by The Torch
DFW The Dub
Member since Aug 2014
19371 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:17 pm to
Bacon is awesome

What is your goat/girlfriend's name ?
Posted by The Cow Goes Moo Moo
Bucktown
Member since Nov 2012
3507 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:19 pm to
quote:

really like carnitas and pulled pork

Amen, brother
Posted by OweO
Plaquemine, La
Member since Sep 2009
114004 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:19 pm to
quote:

Your family sounds like all the Jews I know, including in-laws. None of them go to services EVER all year long. But they act like they're the most religious folks on earth's surface when other Jews or extended family come around.

Catholics do the same thing. When lent comes around people I didn't ever think gave a damn about their religion decides they don't eat meat on Fridays until about 4 or 5 weeks into it they "forgot" it was Friday, ate meat so they just continue to eat it.
Posted by chryso
Baton Rouge
Member since Jul 2008
11895 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:20 pm to
Convert to Christianity. Pork will seem like small potatos.
Posted by Tiger inTampa
Tampa, FL
Member since Sep 2009
2171 posts
quote:

Regardless, if it offends your dad to do it in his presence, why not just not eat pork in his presence? You get to eat pork when you aren't around him and you won't fight when you are. Seems like a simple fix.

What this guy says! Sadly this sage advice had to come from a complete stranger on a message board
Posted by Jcorye1
Tom Brady = GoAT
Member since Dec 2007
71471 posts
Can you afford to be on your own? If so move out and eat pork, if not suck it up and get the money to move out.
Posted by SUB
Member since Jan 2001
Member since Jan 2009
20915 posts
quote:

Edit: Since you are in college and at least 18, eat what you want to eat.

Well, if Dad is paying tuition, room, and board, I think he has some say in how his son lives. It's a pretty dumb of his Dad to not allow his adult son to make adult decisions, even if he is paying for those things. If he's not, then I would tell him that you are an adult and can make your own decisions. Sorry if he doesn't approve.
Posted by theOG
Member since Feb 2010
10515 posts
Posted on 6/30/16 at 1:21 pm to
quote:

I know, that's the weird part. I think actually watching me eat the pork was too much for him and he snapped and started yelling at me.

i don't know why, but this really makes me laugh. so strange.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 5Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram