re: .

Posted on 6/13/14 at 12:35 pm to
Posted by CanShakersDecayedNut
Member since Sep 2006
3144 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 12:35 pm to
quote:

Who posted that?

in response to his item number 16? In his ORIGINAL POST? The post that STARTED THE THREAD? Then you, out of nowhere, tried to say I brought up the culture argument.

Is this that tough for you, fella?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 12:45 pm to
quote:

I've never seen in text nor heard in speech this expression save for "little fella" and only when people are addressing dogs or small children. Or chicks are talking to my penis.
Posted by brgfather129
Los Angeles, CA
Member since Jul 2009
17101 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 12:57 pm to
quote:

in response to his item number 16? In his ORIGINAL POST? The post that STARTED THE THREAD?

And?

quote:

tried to say I brought up the culture argument.

No, I didn't...I simply said you are claiming others are making "retarded" arguments while pointlessly fluffing New Orleans "culture". Using "culture" as a means of comparison between cities is moronic. Still confused?

quote:

You seem upset.
Posted by geaux4tigers
Austin, TX
Member since Sep 2006
949 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:01 pm to
quote:

a few of your points are absolutely ridiculous. I get the whole "i just moved here the grass must be greener" bullshite to help you validate your decision. But God Damn. Use some level of common sense. Culture? Really? That the California culture, the wannabe hipster hippie culture or the pretend "giddy up, we're texans" culture? Diversity? More diverse than New Orleans? Really? More things to do? Unless listening to shitty bands in hippy ridden bars on sixth street is your thing, I don't think that's really true. I'm no New Orleans fan, but you can not knock New Orleans when it comes to things to do. That is asinine. People don't approach you for money? REALLY? You haven't seen austin obviously. People give a shite? Sure, about everything but personal hygiene. Most people downtown look like they could just...use a bath. Hurricanes? That really threw you that much off of your game? So now you can enjoy a drought and all the BS that is coming as a result of that. Granted, the business culture in Austin is amazing. Lots more opportunity. But your list is somewhat retarded. And by "somewhat retarded" I of course mean "completely retarded

This.

I've been in Austin for 3 years now. The liberals, hipsters and traffic suck.

9/10 of the bands playing live music sound like garage bands.

People overrate most of the food and food trucks because they don't have a frame of reference as to what good food is.

There are panhandlers on every corner.

75MPH speed limit? Good luck reaching it because people here drive like they have nowhere to be and don't mind going 15 under the limit.

On the plus side, there are a lot of good beers, a ton of tech jobs, and ACL fest.
Posted by CanShakersDecayedNut
Member since Sep 2006
3144 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:02 pm to
quote:

You seem upset.

There it is, the default give up.

quote:

No, I didn't...I simply said you are claiming others are making "retarded" arguments while pointlessly fluffing New Orleans "culture". Using "culture" as a means of comparison between cities is moronic. Still confused?

Again, try to follow along, genius. He claimed Austin has some great culture that was better than New Orleans. I did not bring "culture" into it. I merely pointed out that that is damn near the ONLY thing New Orleans has going for it.

Seriously...you're just fricking with me now right? RIGHT? You're not that stupid. No way. Ya fricked up. Just admit it and move along.
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:13 pm to
quote:

Just off the top of my head, Austin doesn't have:

Saints games
Pelicans games
Super Bowl
NBA All-Star game
NCAA men and women Final 4
Great seafood
1 hour from LSU games

Good to know there's nothing else to quality of life than sports.
Posted by Dr Rosenrosen
Member since May 2006
3339 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:50 pm to
San Diego destroys both.
Posted by Jack Bauer7
Member since Jun 2012
5026 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:53 pm to
honestly it doesn't take much to pass nola or br in anything really

br and nola are just dirty and sick
This post was edited on 6/13/14 at 1:54 pm
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:54 pm to
quote:

San Diego destroys both.

Well duh.

But as long as the south LA trash has French taught in schools, brake tags, and streets that reek of piss and garbage in NOLA then they have all the class and culture they need.
Posted by PapiGogo
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since May 2012
382 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:55 pm to
quote:

Things Immediately noticeable

17. Less black people

You would be amazed how the characteristic of simply having less black people will improve a city. Less crime. Larger tax base. Lower tax payer liability.
Posted by PapiGogo
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since May 2012
382 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 1:55 pm to
Ever been to Salt Lake City? I actually saw two teens stop and pick up litter once.
Posted by Jack Bauer7
Member since Jun 2012
5026 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:03 pm to
u so right papi
Posted by Louie T
htx
Member since Dec 2006
36319 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:05 pm to
Not directed at the OP: Incessant NOLA bashers should be required to post where they live. There are objectively better places to live than NOLA, but it's always hilarious when people from places like Shreveport or the Woodlands bash it.
Posted by VABuckeye
Naples, FL
Member since Dec 2007
35565 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:08 pm to
I've been in Austin since Tuesday. I've enjoyed the little free time I've had but I'm ready to go back to northern Virginia. It's a place I'd visit again. Food was good but we only got to hit a couple of places. Stubbs BBQ was fantastic.
Posted by Draconian Sanctions
Markey's bar
Member since Oct 2008
84875 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:10 pm to
I just got back from Austin. It's a great town and has a lot going for it but for me NOLA is just better on a lot of levels. Austin was just never home.
This post was edited on 6/13/14 at 2:11 pm
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:15 pm to
Bossier City >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cesspool (aka NOLA)
Posted by Tiger in Austin
Austin,TX
Member since Sep 2003
1755 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:22 pm to
Austin sucks so all you mofos stay away
Posted by 12Pence
Member since Jan 2013
6344 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:26 pm to
quote:

Good to know there's nothing else to quality of life than sports.

I threw seafood in there as well.

It was just a quick, basic observation that New Orleans offers certain things that Austin doesn't. Some of them are colossal in nature (The Superbowl, NFL franchise, etc).
Posted by DaBeerz
Member since Sep 2004
16955 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:40 pm to
Wife and I are considering relocating to Steiner ranch next 1-2 years
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/13/14 at 2:42 pm to
quote:

But as long as the south LA trash has French taught in schools, brake tags, and streets that reek of piss and garbage in NOLA then they have all the class and culture they need.

before it was sold to new ownership, SDT was a fricking marvel. The French quarter was spotless and their employees gave a shite. Nagin tried to cut their contract, then (I'm not linking a cause) they seemed to do a lesser, but good job. After he sold, it was par for the NOLA course
Jump to page
Page First 7 8 9 10
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 9 of 10Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram