re: .

Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:43 am to
Posted by fightin tigers
Downtown Prairieville
Member since Mar 2008
73681 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:43 am to
quote:

Teedy straight lighting NOLA taxpayers' money on fire. Wonder who is getting kickbacks on this sham...

What do you think the normal pay is?

Standard detail prices for NOPD

Anyone done the math on coverage for the additional all the way through? 500k or so?
This post was edited on 1/13/23 at 12:02 pm
Posted by boxcarbarney
Above all things, be a man
Member since Jul 2007
22729 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:44 am to
How fricked is it that one of the city's most beloved and well known traditions has to be curtailed because some transplant got elected mayor and fricked up everything she touched?
This post was edited on 1/13/23 at 12:02 pm
Posted by Tygerfan
Member since Jan 2004
33745 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:45 am to
quote:

Just thinking about St. Tammany, but are there even 124 police offices between St. Tammany Sheriff, Mandeville, Covington, and Slidell police?

Actually, St. Tammany SO alone has 525 deputies.
St. Charles parish has around 600, which includes in the jail and specialized divisions.

Louisiana alone has 14,000 sheriff's deputies which that number does not including POST certified police officers throughout the state.
This post was edited on 1/13/23 at 11:53 am
Posted by TigersSEC2010
Warren, Michigan
Member since Jan 2010
37359 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:51 am to
I bet some shitty small departments would love to work it, but most big departments have more than enough off-duty work within their own jurisdictions that doesn't involve the headache of dealing with New Orleans that there is no reason to take this opportunity.

Think of all the large agencies within an hour of New Orleans and none of them are biting, which should tell you something. Yet, somehow, LSU gets every agency within 50 miles of Tiger Stadium to work it on gameday. It all has to do with New Orleans.
Posted by jbgleason
Bailed out of BTR to God's Country
Member since Mar 2012
18902 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:54 am to
Here is the question an officer has to ask themselves:

How much do I need to make an hour to run the very high risk of running into a drunk a-hole on the parade route that will require me to put my hands on them?*

*Keep in mind there will be 100 videos of the encounter and you will have little to no backup. So if you Taser someone or knock them out in a fight, you are probably losing your job. Especially considering your Chief or Sheriff is now going to catch heat and a lawsuit for something you did in an entirely different jurisdiction. Not even going to discuss how this goes down if you are White and the offender is Black.

If I was a Chief or Sheriff, I would tell my employees they are not authorized to go work that detail. Not with Cantrell and the Soros DA in place. Put someone in office who will back my officers and indemnify my agency and it would be different.
Posted by fightin tigers
Downtown Prairieville
Member since Mar 2008
73681 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:56 am to
Are there a lot of those situations on the parade route?
Posted by MMauler
Member since Jun 2013
19216 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 11:59 am to
Everything you love about Mardi Gras krewes needing to pay for additional security is because of............
Posted by MrLSU
Yellowstone, Val d'isere
Member since Jan 2004
25979 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:04 pm to
The St. Tammany Sheriff's office alone has over 750 officers. Lexipol

Madisonville in 2013 had 9
Mandeville in 2013 had 40
Slidell in 2013 had 70

This post was edited on 1/13/23 at 12:11 pm
Posted by LNCHBOX
Member since Jun 2009
84081 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:09 pm to
quote:

What do you think the normal pay is?

The rate isn't the issue. The issue is that NOPD under her administration can't handle this, and taxpayers will foot the bill. No shock you have some defense for this though
Posted by jbgleason
Bailed out of BTR to God's Country
Member since Mar 2012
18902 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:12 pm to
quote:

Are there a lot of those situations on the parade route?

Drunk assholes? At Mardi Gras? Only about every thirty feet.

I don't know if it would be worse to get involved in a scuffle with a hood rat or a drunk housewife from Ohio who thinks being in NOLA gives her the right to get hammered and do whatever she wants.
Posted by Dizz
Member since May 2008
14731 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:14 pm to
quote:

With the idiots that are out at those parades who get stupid drunk, i would not want to do that either.

The blocks that these cops would work are not drunk and rowdy, most of the UPT route is not drunk and stupid.
Posted by MMauler
Member since Jun 2013
19216 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:16 pm to
What it really boils down to is that there just isn’t enough money in the f*cking world to have to deal with all those f*cking animals who vote for Latoya. They f*cking KNOW that nothing will ever happen to them as long as Destroya is the mayor and Williams is the DA and cops have a much higher likelihood of.being prosecuted having to deal with Latoya's animals.

It’s the same reason that NOPD can’t fill its ranks in the first place.
This post was edited on 1/13/23 at 12:21 pm
Posted by jordan21210
Member since Apr 2009
13382 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:17 pm to
quote:

Here is the question an officer has to ask themselves: How much do I need to make an hour to run the very high risk of running into a drunk a-hole on the parade route that will require me to put my hands on them?* *Keep in mind there will be 100 videos of the encounter and you will have little to no backup. So if you Taser someone or knock them out in a fight, you are probably losing your job. Especially considering your Chief or Sheriff is now going to catch heat and a lawsuit for something you did in an entirely different jurisdiction. Not even going to discuss how this goes down if you are White and the offender is Black.

This is the question every police officer has to ask themselves Mardi Gras or not, dealing with sober and drunk assholes is part of the job. I think you overestimate the amount of serious issues police have during Mardi Gras parades. The raucous drunks are in or near the Quarter which is staffed by NOPD. Uptown is a totally different and benign atmosphere.
Posted by fightin tigers
Downtown Prairieville
Member since Mar 2008
73681 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:19 pm to
quote:

The issue is that NOPD under her administration can't handle this, and taxpayers will foot the bill. No shock you have some defense for this though

Just curious. If the NOPD was at full numbers you believe the cops would work parades for free?

The cost paid out is probably marginally different between leasing out to other jurisdictions vs having the NOPD (if they had the numbers)
Posted by fightin tigers
Downtown Prairieville
Member since Mar 2008
73681 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:20 pm to
quote:

The blocks that these cops would work are not drunk and rowdy, most of the UPT route is not drunk and stupid.

That is a huge question. If they are working the uptown route detail then there is minimal concern. If NOPD gets to disperse them elsewhere on the route I could see some hesitation
Posted by Dizz
Member since May 2008
14731 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:33 pm to
I think just like Endymion they would be hired to work a specific area.
Posted by Gulf Coast Tiger
Ms Gulf Coast
Member since Jan 2004
18662 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:50 pm to
quote:

Just thinking about St. Tammany, but are there even 124 police offices between St. Tammany Sheriff, Mandeville, Covington, and Slidell police?

Do you think any of the Northshore officers want to come work in NOLA?
Posted by LNCHBOX
Member since Jun 2009
84081 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 12:53 pm to
quote:

Just curious. If the NOPD was at full numbers you believe the cops would work parades for free?

The cost paid out is probably marginally different between leasing out to other jurisdictions vs having the NOPD (if they had the numbers)

You're right, nothing is different doing it this way. Yet another win for Teedy. How do people like you exist?
Posted by fightin tigers
Downtown Prairieville
Member since Mar 2008
73681 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 1:02 pm to
What the frick are you even going on about.

Just because you don't understand how staffing the parades work it is a win for Cantrell.
Posted by sidewalkside
rent free in yo head
Member since Sep 2021
1638 posts
Posted on 1/13/23 at 1:05 pm to
quote:

Indfanfromcol

Do the math bro...$75 to $150 an hour equates to $150,000 to $300,000 annually. Ain't no NOPD making an average of 150K to 300K salary.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram