Started By
re: .

Posted on 11/17/14 at 1:15 pm to
Posted by alajones
Huntsvegas
Member since Oct 2005
34515 posts
Posted on 11/17/14 at 1:15 pm to
Yeah. I made a thread last week pointing out that just by our history since SP and Brees have been here, we aren't a playoff team. We may get lucky though since the rest of the division is so bad.

Hang that banner baby!
Posted by REG861
Ocelot, Iowa
Member since Oct 2011
36444 posts
Posted on 11/17/14 at 1:53 pm to
quote:

Only thing I agree with is O-line. It has been a corpse slowly decaying ever since we lost Carl Nicks.

It's time to start pumping it up again with draft picks

Good thing our front office takes the draft seriously these days with the likes of Tavon Rooks
Posted by wayne5w
Austin, TX
Member since Aug 2014
404 posts
Posted on 11/17/14 at 5:10 pm to
Both lines are junk. Haven't done anything serious to improve either in the last two years. With a good pass rush the secondary might have been good enough. With good pass blocking the offense would have been good enough. Getting smoked in the trenches all bloody year long.

But beyond that, I think the team's back was broken with that second overtime loss this year. Never seen them come out so flat.
Posted by Thurber
NWLA
Member since Aug 2013
15402 posts
Posted on 11/17/14 at 5:25 pm to
quote:

Both lines are junk

This hurts us more than anything.
Posted by Sho Nuff
Oahu
Member since Feb 2009
11927 posts
Posted on 11/17/14 at 10:46 pm to
quote:

I can't decide if he's an imbecile or amazingly arrogant.

Why does it have to be an "or"?
Posted by TigerFanNKaty
texas
Member since Sep 2008
10234 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 9:55 am to
Well it is the NFL every team has NFL talent at every position I guess. Technically speaking of course.
Posted by tigergym
South Central LA
Member since Jan 2009
1077 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 11:04 am to

Sounds like a good spin to me
Posted by bountyhunter
North of Houston a bit
Member since Mar 2012
6340 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 11:29 am to
quote:

Seriously, Sean Payton isn't one of the top 10 coaches in the league this year...he cannot manage a clock, he wastes timeouts, he can't get the offense into no huddle when needed, he gets them in no huddle, when they have plenty of time

I'm more concerned that pretty much every game except one, the team showed up and didn't seem mentally/emotionally ready for the games. This is 100% on the coaches.
Posted by Rickety Cricket
Premium Member
Member since Aug 2007
46883 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 1:32 pm to
quote:

Both lines are junk.

Yep. Couple that with a below-average WR corps and pitiful secondary and voila, you've got yourself the 2014 Saints.
Posted by BigBrod81
Houma
Member since Sep 2010
18971 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 1:50 pm to
You also have wonder how good is the coaching staff as unit right. Not only does this team lack talent in certain areas with age becoming a factor at some positions but the players are just not very football savy. They have a serious lack of football IQ plus the techniques & fundamentals suck.

Robinson, White & Dixon cannot apply a jam on a receiver for shite. The route running by the receivers at times are run lazily & not crisp. On Brees' first pick against the 49ers, Colston half arse runs his route. Instead of cutting hard on his break, he does it lackadaisical. He should have cut hard to the sideline while slightly coming back to the ball. He ends up rounding his route out which allowed Antoine Bethea to undercut him & get the pick.

You just have wonder what type of an effect losing coaches like Dennis Allen, Aaron Kromer & Curtis Johnson has had on the organization.
This post was edited on 11/18/14 at 1:56 pm
Posted by Laaz2750
Los Angeles
Member since Aug 2008
8384 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 2:14 pm to
Even Saints Report has given up... no new articles posted since 11/13
Posted by JazzyJeff
Japan
Member since Sep 2006
3938 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 10:19 pm to
quote:

The frightening part is that they dont seem to care.
I think it's all the walk off field goals that have beat them that have begun to wear them down mentally. And Brees playing like shite hasn't helped either.
Posted by Zoombop
Westbank
Member since Feb 2013
987 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 10:33 pm to
Is it bad that I don't want this team to go to the playoffs? Now I understand I'm in the "new era" of Saints fans and didn't have to deal with the decades of utter humiliation, but bear with me. It's embarrassing to make it to the post-season with a losing record (which is very likely what we will have). If we make it there with a 7-9 record or a 6-10 record, that is an absolute joke. There's nothing to hang your hat on with a record like that. There will probably be 2-3 teams with a better record that will not get a spot. Barring a Christmas miracle, we probably wouldn't even win our playoff game should we host one. Too many injuries, too much piss poor play. The best thing we can do now is to play our young guys some snaps and pretend like we are hungry again, then next year we can restock with higher draft picks. That would be a lot more comforting if our team knew how to draft.

shite. Somebody beer me.
Posted by Chadzilla
Houma
Member since Feb 2014
630 posts
Posted on 11/18/14 at 11:03 pm to
Imagine going 8-8 or 7-9 and winning the superbowl. That would be fricking awesome. It's highly unlikely but there is always that small chance that you just catch fire.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram