Started By
re: .

Posted on 10/28/15 at 10:53 am to
Posted by cardboardboxer
Member since Apr 2012
34330 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 10:53 am to
It was VERY low to start the season. Deflategate really pissed me off and then the Saints started the season in a skid.

Now it is at moderate levels, as the Saints have won some games and my fantasy team is doing well.
Posted by ShoeBang
Member since May 2012
19357 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 10:56 am to
quote:

what was your interest level in the NFL in August?

High

quote:

Has it changed?

Yes, the NBA season kicked off last night.
Posted by JBeam
Guns,Germs & Steel
Member since Jan 2011
68377 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 10:59 am to
It's still fairly high (Mainly because of fantasy football & the Bengals being undefeated).

I will say that the officiating this year has been subpar in some games. The most recent MNF comes to mind immediately.
Posted by bbap
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since Feb 2006
96012 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 10:59 am to
It wasnt that high to begin with so it hasnt really changed. I watch some redzone on Sunday plus a little Saints. Usually dont even both with the 3:00 games or TNF, SNF, & MNF.

Posted by Rand AlThor
Member since Jan 2014
9436 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:23 am to
Started high and is still high.

I love everything about the product. They do such a fantastic job of giving everyone equal footing. It's really fun to watch. I like following trends and numbers so it just suits me.
Posted by accnodefense
Trump Fan
Member since Dec 2010
6279 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:24 am to

Still 0
Posted by MontyFranklyn
T-Town
Member since Jan 2012
23830 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:25 am to
Fantasy Football is my only interest in the NFL
Posted by jeffsdad
Member since Mar 2007
21411 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:27 am to
unwatchable, too many nic pic penalties.
Posted by BayouBengals03
lsu14always
Member since Nov 2007
99999 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:37 am to
Pretty small in August, about the same now.

NFL is boring.
Posted by H. E. Pennypacker
Louisiana IceGators Fan
Member since Mar 2013
880 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:38 am to
i may flip on a game other than the saints but only for a short period of time. Just check scores for fantasy. Last week i ran errands while the saints game was on and listened on the radio. All time low interest
Posted by BayouBengals03
lsu14always
Member since Nov 2007
99999 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:40 am to
Seems like the NFL is losing some of its luster.

Without fantasy sports, the drop off would be way more magnified. It's a very meh product.
Posted by Jcorye1
Tom Brady = GoAT
Member since Dec 2007
71391 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:55 am to
I'm pretty meh right now.

I started off the season relatively meh too. I still follow my team, but I'm watching less and less of other teams. It's a function of how saturated with ads the games have become and getting older.
Posted by supadave3
Houston, TX
Member since Dec 2005
30250 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 11:58 am to
I've seen several people say that they think football won't exist as we know it in 20 years or so due to concussions and the sport beginning to lose popularity with high schoolers because of the injury factor. Do ya'll really believe this? I would hate for my favorite sport to fade away.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:02 pm to
IMO it depends on what you like about football

For me it is dead. I watched the second quarter of the saints game this weekend and that's only because i had zilch going on for about an hour. I didn't even watch the 2nd half and the saints were killing it at halftime
Posted by Feral
Member since Mar 2012
12410 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:02 pm to
It's like this every season for me:

Start of season - high
After week 1 - lowered
Week 2 through Week 17 - medium
Playoffs - high
Super Bowl - astronomical

I play fantasy, but I've found that I'm watching less and less football on Sundays while my college football consumption on Saturdays is higher than ever.

However, I do always watch the Sunday night game on NBC, and I'll usually catch a little of MNF. I only watch the Thursday night game if there's not a halfway decent college game on.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:09 pm to
I'm pretty shocked by my own disinterest. I played two guys in fantasy who weren't playing

I ask because at the time I posted this, there was only one thread about NFL on the first page, I've seen game threads get really small, etc.

For a brand as big as NFL its momentum and I think interest dwindles but eyeballs stay fixed until it reaches a certain point.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:13 pm to
quote:

Without fantasy sports,
and they have all their eggs in that basket IMO, just not sustainable

Posted by LooseCannon22282
Mobile
Member since May 2008
33742 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:13 pm to
there isn't much to talk about because most people on this board don't like the NFL.

The Saints are a mediocre team.

more people care about College Football on this particular site.

the Fantasy board is the place to go if you want to talk some NFL.

this board here is all about attacking Goodell, the refs, the commercials, etc.

Posted by pvilleguru
Member since Jun 2009
60453 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:19 pm to
My interest level was zero. It hasn't changed.
Posted by Feral
Member since Mar 2012
12410 posts
Posted on 10/28/15 at 12:44 pm to
quote:

I'm pretty shocked by my own disinterest. I played two guys in fantasy who weren't playing

I ask because at the time I posted this, there was only one thread about NFL on the first page, I've seen game threads get really small, etc.

For a brand as big as NFL its momentum and I think interest dwindles but eyeballs stay fixed until it reaches a certain point.

I worry about oversaturation of the product, in addition to the fact that the NFL isn't exactly a beacon of institutional integrity anymore (if it ever was).

I feel like it's gotten to a point, at least with me, where I only have so much time in the weekend to devote to football, and I prefer to devote that time to college ball. I have a wife and a child, so I can't just plop myself on the couch on Saturday and then do it again on Sunday. I've got stuff to do around the house and only a limited window for football, and I'd hazard a guess that most non-single men are in that same situation.

Plus, my main obstacle to becoming a huge NFL fan is this -- you're really just rooting for a billion dollar corporation to beat a different billion dollar corporation. In essence, you're rooting for a billionaire and his team of millionaires, the latter of which really don't have any particular allegiance to that city or team aside from a paycheck.

College is different because it's more provincial, and you have a different sort of pride in a school because you went there or your relative went there or because it's been an institution for 150+ years. Not only did I attend Arkansas, but I'm fairly certain the Razorbacks are never moving to L.A. because they're getting a better deal from the city on new facilities. The politics of the NFL are enough to cause my fandom to dwindle.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram