Started By
re: .

Posted on 10/31/18 at 11:53 am to
Posted by Play Action Go Deep
Member since Aug 2018
295 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 11:53 am to
The answer to every one of these questions is yes, Bama can and will do everything imaginable at an incredibly high level, without fail, to the point they will be impossible to defend.

There are no weaknesses and we should, in fact, be humbled to have an opportunity to share the field with them.

Tua is already the greatest college QB in history.

Posted by Airpower
Member since Oct 2018
1101 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 11:57 am to
Fitzgerald passed for 241 against A&M much like the success Fromme had against Florida .. difference was they weren’t playing LSU
Posted by Meldedee
Louisiana
Member since Dec 2011
3318 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:01 pm to
quote:

Looking forward to seeing how LSU’s defense matches up.

Which defense? First half or second half?? We don’t get to see Tua versus our best defensive player all game.
Posted by Airpower
Member since Oct 2018
1101 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:05 pm to
I got it from ESPN - I stand corrected after looking at thier web page.. nonetheless 3 attempts per game is nothing to be overly concerned about- he’s not going to try and beat you with his legs
Posted by ninthward
Boston, MA
Member since May 2007
20406 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:09 pm to
He has 25td's 0 Ints so they are doing something right.
Posted by Teague
The Shoals, AL
Member since Aug 2007
21692 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:12 pm to
quote:

he’s not going to try and beat you with his legs

Unless you ignore his running ability.
Posted by Airpower
Member since Oct 2018
1101 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:25 pm to
Obviously...
Posted by Croozin2
Somewhere on the water
Member since Dec 2004
3188 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:34 pm to
quote:

It’s part of the formula. If your backers and DBs cheat down Tua will capitalize.

That’s part of EVERY team’s formula. You cheat down, they go over the head. How enlightening
Posted by Teague
The Shoals, AL
Member since Aug 2007
21692 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:42 pm to
quote:

Obviously...

Doesn't seem so obvious to those of you claiming he won't/can't run. He's a very good runner. There just hasn't been much need to run this year when he's averaging about 20 yards a completion and a TD every 6 passing attempts.

He claims to be healthy and was moving fine against Tennessee. I don't know if they feel great about calling designed runs due to his knee, but he'll take off and run if the D is too focused on coverage and he gets a lane.
Posted by EasterEgg
New Orleans Metro
Member since Sep 2018
4810 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:49 pm to
quote:

Alabama’s QB is the most accurate in the country 

Actually no. That's just the narrative set by the sports media and Alabama fans. He's tied for 7th in completion percentage.
Posted by EasterEgg
New Orleans Metro
Member since Sep 2018
4810 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 12:52 pm to
quote:

Fitzgerald passed for 241 against A&M much like the success Fromme had against Florida .. difference was they weren’t playing LSU

Yep. And Fromm had a higher comp % than Tau until he played LSU. This week will be Fromm's chance to catch up again.
Posted by km
Baton Rouge
Member since Jul 2008
5653 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 1:14 pm to
Tua won't be running unless he's flushed. Two runs in the last two games. I think he's limping
Posted by UAgrad93
Sylacauga
Member since Oct 2015
1481 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 1:45 pm to
quote:

he’s not going to try and beat you with his legs

Doesn't have to when he is throwing dimes to those WRs and TE.
Posted by NATidefan
Two hours North of Birmingham
Member since Dec 2008
36027 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 1:59 pm to
quote:

I think most are missing the point here.. an RPO is intended to make the defense defend 3 possibilities- QB handing off - QB running - QB passing ... from that stand point Bama runs more of a play action because TUA simply doesn’t run the ball.

Some of you don't even know what an RPO is...

quote:

As the name implies, a run-pass option gives the quarterback the option to hand the ball off to his back or throw a quick pass to a receiver. He makes the decision based on the movement of a single defender, usually a safety or linebacker lurking on the second level of the defense, directly after the snap

The difference between a RPO and play action is that the QB makes the decision after the snap as he reads the defense while the back is nearing him for the handoff. It's not deteremined to be a handoff or pass presnap like a playaction.
This post was edited on 10/31/18 at 2:03 pm
Posted by TigerAxeOK
Where I lay my head is home.
Member since Dec 2016
24777 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 2:07 pm to
quote:

It was Florida...
Yep, that's right. Apologies for my short term memory loss on that one.

I now vividly recall repetitiously screaming "who the frick is supposed to be covering Perine?!?!"
Posted by Davelee4
Member since Oct 2018
25 posts
Posted on 10/31/18 at 4:16 pm to
Not the point bro. The question was "will they run a lot of RPOs?" Formula is another way of putting that is Bama's scheme. So of course they are. Hopefully this helps.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram