Started By
re: .

Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:40 am to
Posted by lsupride87
Member since Dec 2007
94936 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:40 am to
quote:

Why? Because you thought he should hire him?
If Miles turned down CP then yes I think he is more of an idiot than I once thought
Posted by 756
Member since Sep 2004
14853 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:43 am to
quote:

90% of the guys bitching and complaining never even heard of Pendergast.

Place me in the 10%
Posted by Prominentwon
LSU, McNeese St. Fan
Member since Jan 2005
93697 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:43 am to
Because you're so knowledgeable about Clancy Pendergast...

What was said in the interview or discussions? Please fill us in.

TigerSpeculation.com
Posted by 756
Member since Sep 2004
14853 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:45 am to
Do you really think Miles' agent would back him in a corner and say "Les this the man let me get it done?"

or would he say "I see your point Les and if you feel like you don't want to go further with this guy, even though I think he would be good choice- where do we go next?"
Posted by Prominentwon
LSU, McNeese St. Fan
Member since Jan 2005
93697 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:47 am to
Les not doing what's best for LSU....ITS OBVIOUS
Posted by panterica
Member since Jun 2012
1274 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:48 am to
quote:

How fricking stupid are some of you people?

We can measure everything from continents to groups of galaxy clusters, but there is no measure for a stressed emotional fanatic with esteem issues. See: feminazis with keyboards, drivers with cars covered in political bumper stickers, middle eastern men with bombs, the rant, etc. It's beyond any measure.
Posted by 756
Member since Sep 2004
14853 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:49 am to
I have never said I was all knowing about CP-

I used to live and work in AZ

I don't have to "prove" anything

I want what is best for LSU like all of you do and most agree that CLM has been fumbling the ball. Kind of odd that he benches those who fumble-
This post was edited on 1/9/15 at 8:50 am
Posted by panterica
Member since Jun 2012
1274 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:52 am to
CP is successful, but for all we know he came on to Miles in the interview and promised to wear nothing but clown shoes to work.

Now that's obviously not true, but Les has reasons that you are making very clear that you don't know. Just like the rest of us.
Posted by Franktowntiger7
Ponchatoula
Member since Dec 2010
2719 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:53 am to
I don't think you can say he is fumbling the ball until the hire is made.
Posted by bubbaprohn
Kansas
Member since Feb 2009
3963 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:53 am to
Lmao because les miles' agent knows so much about college DC's right? fricking idiots abound around here.
Posted by Tigersport2014
Member since Aug 2014
824 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:54 am to
:snoozer: :snoozer: :snoozer: :snoozer:
Posted by 756
Member since Sep 2004
14853 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 8:57 am to
quote:

I don't think you can say he is fumbling the ball until the hire is made

You may be right

But if the hire is not a top tier coach then?

)
Posted by TheCaterpillar
Member since Jan 2004
76774 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:05 am to
quote:

To be fair look at Rutgers program for 50 years before him. He took one of the worst D1 programs in America and made them a consistent winner.

quote:

that simply isnt true.
the coach there for 4 years in front of him was bad, but other than that he was right in line with every other coach they've ever had. actually there are 14 names on this list, and 10 of them had a better record than he did.

I love your stats and think you've been killing it on here during this coaching search, but you have to look at the bigger picture here.

Before Schiano they made 1 bowl game in their entire history (1978). With Schiano in his 10 years they made 6 and won 5 of them (6 of his last 7 years).

From 1980-2000 they had 4 winning seasons. With Schiano from 2001-2011 they had 6 (6 of his last 7 years).

They joined the Big East and faced a bit better competition in 1990 (explains records compared to past coaches) and had 1 winning season in their first 10 years. Schiano had to completely build, not rebuild, that program.

That doesn't change the fact he has 18 months of DC experience and is known as a huge prick.

This post was edited on 1/9/15 at 9:07 am
Posted by thelawnwranglers
Member since Sep 2007
38758 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:08 am to
quote:

That doesn't change the fact he has 18 months of DC experience and is known as a huge prick.

I think LSU program needs a little more prick

Les good cop
Schiano bad
Posted by LSUFanMizeWay
Picayune MS
Member since Sep 2014
5667 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:12 am to
is there a timeline on the hire?
Posted by Ironhead985
Louisiana
Member since Jun 2013
8721 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:15 am to
quote:

CP is successful, but for all we know he came on to Miles in the interview and promised to wear nothing but clown shoes to work. Now that's obviously not true, but Les has reasons that you are making very clear that you don't know. Just like the rest of us.
The only thing that's obvious or true on this board is that no one knows a damn thing about what's going on with this coaching search. We had a different name nearly every day since this thing began. Until multiple reputable sources(who have faces and their credibility on the line) come out and state that :insertname: is to be named the new DC at LSU, I won't believe it.
Posted by Silky Johnston
DFW
Member since May 2013
998 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:16 am to
quote:

Do you really think Miles' agent would back him in a corner and say "Les this the man let me get it done?"

or would he say "I see your point Les and if you feel like you don't want to go further with this guy, even though I think he would be good choice- where do we go next?"

To hell with Alleva. To hell with Miles. To hell with everybody involved in the LSU athletic department and football operations. Let's just toss the ball to his agent and put him in charge of the entire show.
Posted by Jabstep
Member since Jul 2014
2130 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:16 am to
It's one thing to be positive, it's another to be completely biased and unreasonable. He thought we could've been a playoff team after the Ole Miss win.
Posted by BoogahEatah
Live on Stage
Member since Jan 2004
4145 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:21 am to
Thanks for the update Derrick...When this information is false i will call in your lame arse show and remind you of your error. ..you self pretentious a-hole
Posted by Dummy
Bay Area
Member since Mar 2006
169 posts
Posted on 1/9/15 at 9:25 am to
quote:

You had two men ready to come to Lsu -ALL they had to do was pay market price to them and offer the job
quote:

1.3-1.7 is the market for top tier schools.

Chavis set the bar at 1.3 then Mus raised it to 1.7

IF we want to play at the big table we have to anti up- IF we want to play nickle slots then oh well

Does not sound too hard does it?

LINK
Money

WSU's new defensive coordinator isn't going to be among the highest paid in the country, but he will certainly receive a competitive salary. Breske made $376,000 last season. He was the highest-paid assistant, with Eric Russell sitting at No. 3. With both gone, there is a decent pool available to make a move. Athletics director Bill Moos showed he was willing to increase the assistant coach budget last offseason, adding $500,000 to the budget, so it's not out of the realm he'd bump up the funding again. It's safe to say WSU can offer at least $400,000 a season, possibly upwards of $500,000.
first pageprev pagePage 7 of 8Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram