Member since Jan 2021
11687 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 8:04 am to
Aspirin, Tums? bullshite.

Posted by OccamsStubble
Member since Aug 2019
4942 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 8:16 am to
It appears, at least to me, that you have unconscious bias.
Posted by Tomatocantender
Boot
Member since Jun 2021
4719 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 8:21 am to
You can almost bet the farm that the $500 "incentive" is a defacto Trojan Horse Hold Harmless agreement. Clever bastards.
Posted by Bamatab
Member since Jan 2013
15108 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 8:34 am to
quote:

Thoughts?

The issue is that government contracting companies have to follow the contracts. And the government always puts option phases and whatnot in their contracts, and this is what they are using to add this mandate to all of their contracts. The companies have no say unless they are willing to tell the government to take a hike. But once a company tells them to take a hike, then the contract will immediately go up for rebid, and some other company will immediately take it. And as far as my company goes 100% of their business is government contracts, so unless they are willing to shut the whole place down, they can't afford to tell say no to the new updates to the contracts.

quote:

and the EO hasn't yet been vetted in any federal court of law, specifically the Supreme Court.

This has to be the exact reason that the government is rushing this out so fast. They are trying to force everyone to get the jab before it actually makes it to court. But unfortunately the language in the updated contracts say that if the contracting company doesn't fully comply by 12/08/2021 then they will lose their contracts. So your company's hands are basically tied behind their back unless you file for a medical or religious exemption. And as far as I know, there is no current case sitting in federal court that can put a stay on this mandate before the 12/8/21 deadline.
Posted by Wtodd
Tampa, FL
Member since Oct 2013
67482 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 8:43 am to
I've been doing Government contracts for most of the past 42 yrs, so I need to make some corrections/clarifications to what you said:
quote:

And the government always puts option phases and whatnot in their contracts, and this is what they are using to add this mandate to all of their contracts

No they're not; they are including the mandate via contract mod

quote:

But once a company tells them to take a hike, then the contract will immediately go up for rebid, and some other company will immediately take it.

Not if it's sole source or classified or both; guess how I know? But your point of the company could lose their Government contract is, I'll say 99.9% correct. I haven't seen any contractor/university tells us to frick off yet but it's early. I hope at least 1 does and they have the "sole source or classified or both" contract.

quote:

And as far as my company goes 100% of their business is government contracts, so unless they are willing to shut the whole place down, they can't afford to tell say no to the new updates to the contracts.

I agree but my point was if this mandate is deemed un-Constitutional, no one can get "un-vax'd". Sure they can remove the language/contract clause from the contract but you still have the vax in you.

quote:

And as far as I know, there is no current case sitting in federal court that can put a stay on this mandate before the 12/8/21 deadline.

Which is the reason for emergency stays & hearings.
Posted by LSUROXS
Texas
Member since Sep 2006
7150 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 8:46 am to
Mandates are not Laws!
Posted by Bamatab
Member since Jan 2013
15108 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 9:07 am to
quote:

I've been doing Government contracts for most of the past 42 yrs, so I need to make some corrections/clarifications to what you said:

Then you know far more than I do about Government contracts!

quote:

No they're not; they are including the mandate via contract mod

The email sent out by my company said "Any contracts awarded prior to October 15, 2021 will have such clauses added at the Option period or an extension modification of the contract." Then I asked the Senior Director who is over this implementation for company some follow up questions, and he said " I anticipate seeing the requirement soon as options are exercised for FY and for IDIQ contracts that are task order driven." That is why I said option and not contract mod.

quote:

Not if it's sole source or classified or both

The contract that I work under is both. But I have a feeling that if my company tells the government that they will refuse to comply, then the contract will immediately go up for rebid. In the city that I live, there are plenty of companies that have employees with government clearances that would be more than willing to take the contract. Now they might not be able to take over the contract immediately, but my company would definitely lose not only the contract that I am under, but most likely all of their contracts. The government is pushing this with all of their might onto their contractors.

quote:

agree but my point was if this mandate is deemed un-Constitutional, no one can get "un-vax'd". Sure they can remove the language/contract clause from the contract but you still have the vax in you.

I agree 100% with your point, and I believe this is exactly why they are rushing it out so fast, so that no one has time to put a stay on it. That seems to be what's happening.

quote:

Which is the reason for emergency stays & hearings.

But there has to be an active case in order to ask for an emergency stay, and as far as I know there isn't currently an active case sitting in the federal court, and the deadline is fast approaching.

Posted by BayouBlitz
Member since Aug 2007
15841 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 9:52 am to
quote:

Every single vaccine used fetal tissue in TESTING at minimum.

How's that polio vaccine working for you and your family?
Posted by oldskule
Down South
Member since Mar 2016
15476 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 9:59 am to
quote:

$500 incentive to get fully vaccinated?

That is bribery to me! Isn't that illegal?
They act like it is commission or bonus....frick these people.
Posted by Griffindawg
Member since Oct 2013
6131 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 10:18 am to
Delta?
Posted by Wtodd
Tampa, FL
Member since Oct 2013
67482 posts
Posted on 10/14/21 at 11:42 am to
quote:

The email sent out by my company said "Any contracts awarded prior to October 15, 2021 will have such clauses added at the Option period or an extension modification of the contract." Then I asked the Senior Director who is over this implementation for company some follow up questions, and he said " I anticipate seeing the requirement soon as options are exercised for FY and for IDIQ contracts that are task order driven." That is why I said option and not contract mod.

Well if a mod to exercise an option is in the works sure they'll add the vax mandate shite but they're not adding it strictly with option related stuff.

quote:

The contract that I work under is both. But I have a feeling that if my company tells the government that they will refuse to comply, then the contract will immediately go up for rebid. In the city that I live, there are plenty of companies that have employees with government clearances that would be more than willing to take the contract. Now they might not be able to take over the contract immediately, but my company would definitely lose not only the contract that I am under, but most likely all of their contracts. The government is pushing this with all of their might onto their contractors.

IF it's "re-biddable" (I know not a word) then sure they'll do that bc every Government agency kisses Biden's arse but I would like to see a company/university push back and I KNOW of some sole source contracts that are sole source for a reason.

quote:

But there has to be an active case in order to ask for an emergency stay, and as far as I know there isn't currently an active case sitting in the federal court, and the deadline is fast approaching.

There are suits on-going:

Law360

Deadline

And there are others.

I had planned on retiring in Mar '22 but wanted to work 1/2 time after that to keep busy but I'm rethinking that. I'm engaging with the company VP now about the mandate. I can't pushback for religious reasons bc I got the vax back in Feb/Mar, I'm pushing back bc I won't get any boosters or add'l jabs.
Posted by LSUAngelHere1
Watson
Member since Jan 2018
8119 posts
Posted on 10/22/21 at 6:56 pm to
quote:

Just add the date and your name at the bottom

I can’t open this link and wanted to read yours before I write my daughter’s.
Posted by Boomdaddy65201
BoCoMo
Member since Mar 2020
2585 posts
Posted on 10/22/21 at 7:32 pm to
Take the video of last night’s town hall to whomever is implementing your company’s mandate and make them watch it in it’s entirety. State unequivocally that if they are willing to base their policies from that mentally impaired President and his incompetent administration list all their failures(Afghanistan, Border, Supply Chain, etc., etc.) and as a sane, competent adult I can’t in good conscience submit my health to their insanity. Make them fire you, there’s no Federal mandate.
Vehemently stress your objections to the FACTS that this dementia riddled potato has stated to the American public in public addresses on three different occasions starting in July that the vaccine prevents you from catching COVID-19 and that it prevents you from transmitting the virus to others. They are basing their policies on a President and his Administration that obviously has no knowledge of Covid-19 nor it’s transmission and prevention, it’s all available in black & white.
Good luck & frick Joe Biden
Posted by FlexDawg
Member since Jan 2018
12812 posts
Posted on 10/22/21 at 8:10 pm to
Posted by CPTDCKHD
Member since Sep 2019
1480 posts
Posted on 10/22/21 at 8:20 pm to
If you’re that good at what you do- figure out how to do it for yourself. If I did- you can. Do it. F ‘em.
Posted by WeeWee
Member since Aug 2012
40091 posts
Posted on 10/22/21 at 8:20 pm to
Congrats on the unemployment
Posted by mjthe
Virginia
Member since Oct 2020
6870 posts
Posted on 10/26/21 at 8:42 am to
Bumping this thread. Currently questioning Director of HR of a major global org in a chat channel with 10k people

Keep on pushing baws
This post was edited on 10/26/21 at 8:45 am
Posted by Lsut81
Member since Jun 2005
80107 posts
Posted on 10/26/21 at 8:49 am to
quote:

Currently questioning Director of HR of a major global org in a chat channel with 10k people

Post the response... Also ask the question if they are mandating this, why not mandate the flu vaccine also, since the flu is as deadly to those without pre-existing conditions as Covid is.
Posted by NashvilleTider
Your Mom
Member since Jan 2007
11353 posts
Posted on 10/26/21 at 8:49 am to
Congrats on being an arse - you would have been first in line to help round up the Jews you facist nazi
This post was edited on 10/26/21 at 8:50 am
Posted by JColtF
Lake Charles, LA
Member since Aug 2008
4749 posts
Posted on 10/26/21 at 8:58 am to
quote:

My employer just implemented the vax mandate

LIE

It won't be long and the Religious Exemptions will be overruled so get a fake vax card
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 8Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram