re: .

Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:39 am to
Posted by Taxing Authority
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57440 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:39 am to
quote:

Lol I have made my case several times that flyover states get undeserved attention. See the coal industry, steel tariffs, USDA subsidies, ethanol in gas. There are so many issues that would not be issues under a different system.
That’s yet another observation. Not an argument of merit. Why would ignoring those populations be a good thing?

quote:

You think almost every gas station in America would have ethanol in the gas absent the existence of the electoral colllege?
*yawn*
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:40 am to
quote:

What the frick does this even mean?

There is evidence of it every time you fill up with gas and every time you step into a grocery store. You just don’t seem to care
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:40 am to
quote:

*yawn*

Is that a yes or a no? Too pussy to answer?
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:41 am to
quote:

The founders were not united in that belief no matter how many times you say it.
Did I say they were 100% united? Nope. Sure. The large states would have loved to lord over everyone else back then just as you morons would like to now.

But, they weren't going to even get a nation formed if that would have been their route. A kinda important element.

quote:

It was a debate and I’m continuing the debate

There was no "debate" about whether or not there would be a US.

There was NOT going to be a US without accommodations made for smaller states. That's not even debatable.

You just think that NOW...........you can do it and then send Armies in to prevent what the founders knew would happen.
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57440 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:42 am to
quote:

Enjoy the fricking ethanol in your boat engine. And the subsidized grains in every grocery store. And the tariffs on steel.
Enjoy soda taxes, straw bans, and gender quotas.

Sounds like you love a totalitarian government!
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:42 am to
quote:

You just think that NOW...........you can do it and then send Armies in to prevent what the founders knew would happen.

Wtf you talking about? I’m debating whether the EC makes sense, just like the founders. You are going off in a different direction

There are pros and cons of every system. I think the EC is less direable than a popular vote. It’s not a radical idea. It was popular thought back then.

You are just hell bent on trying to twist every opposing view into something that you have imagined
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 11:44 am
Posted by Centinel
Idaho
Member since Sep 2016
43404 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:44 am to
quote:

I’m debating whether the EC makes sense, just like the founders.

Based on your posts in this thread, the first thing you need to do is read the Federalist Papers (and Anti-Federalist papers) to understand why the EC was put in place in the first place.

Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:44 am to
quote:

I’m debating whether the EC makes sense, just like the founders. You are going off in a different direction

The founders were NOT going to get their constitution and UNION of states absent accommodating less populated states.

The EXACT same reality exists now. The union wouldn't survive. Liberals figure, "no problem, we'll just FORCE them to stay.
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57440 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:45 am to
quote:

That's the bottom line. You talk about the places you don't like as if they aren't even part of the nation..............which...........coincidentally, they wouldn't be if you had your way.
Roght. He’s arguing people votes “don’t count”...while simultaneously arguing that the voting power of flyover states should be eliminated. It’s a total logic trap.

And he won’t even tell touch the merits of it. He’s either impervious to objective thought or trolling. I won’t guess.
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 11:45 am
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:45 am to
quote:

Enjoy soda taxes, straw bans, and gender quotas.

Sounds like you love a totalitarian government!

So you’re admitting that the EC actually affects policy, doesn’t it? It changes the way we live because those farmers always get what they want
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:46 am to
quote:

Roght. He’s arguing people votes “don’t count”...while simultaneously arguing that the voting power of flyover states should be eliminated. It’s a total logic trap.

And he won’t even tell touch the merits of it. He’s either impervious to objective thought or trolling. I won’t guess.

Liberals think that because the Civil War happened, that balkanization within the U.S. is an impossibility. So, they figure NOW, they can do what the founders knew they could not do.

Pure silliness.
Posted by Vecchio Cane
Ivory Tower
Member since Jul 2016
17879 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:46 am to
quote:

It changes the way we live because those farmers always get what they want

Wait, what? Please explain
Posted by Jbird
In Bidenville with EthanL
Member since Oct 2012
73503 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:47 am to
quote:

So you’re admitting that the EC actually affects policy, doesn’t it? It changes the way we live because those farmers always get what they want

Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57440 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:47 am to
quote:

Too pussy to answer?
you’ve avoided my direct questions multiple times. Include the one in the post you replied to.

Not sure why you even expected an answer. Your example is one of the EC working for millions of non-coastal voters.

So for like the 8th time— why is negating the citizens votes in hide states a good idea? It’s a simple question.
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 11:50 am
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:48 am to
quote:

For frick's sake. Iowa didn't suddenly get 80 electoral votes.

You're a moron.
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:50 am to
quote:

1. Under the EC, certain people get more voting power. Per capita, their vote has a larger impact on the electoral college.

2. Under a popular vote, certain people arguably get more attention. Votes count the same, but geography can play to your advantage.

I think #2 is the less brutal of the two methods.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:51 am to
quote:

1. Under the EC, certain people get more voting power. Per capita, their vote has a larger impact on the electoral college.

Yes

quote:

2. Under a popular vote, certain people arguably get more attention. Votes count the same, but geography can play to your advantage.

Yup

quote:

I think #2 is the less brutal of the two methods.

Because you're stupid.
Posted by Jbird
In Bidenville with EthanL
Member since Oct 2012
73503 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:52 am to
quote:

certain people arguably get more attention.
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57440 posts
quote:

The founders were NOT going to get their constitution and UNION of states absent accommodating less populated states.

The EXACT same reality exists now
If anything it’s worse. But he’s already proven he can’t do the conceptualize the distribution.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
I'd like to point out that EVERY state in the union also applies this same approach within their state. They don't have EC but, they do have methods to grant their rural areas disparate representation to prevent the place only being run by the major cities.

You liberals have the logic centers of 3 year olds.
Jump to page
Page First 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 8 of 17Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram