re: .

Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:53 am to
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
quote:

Because you're stupid.

I'd rather campaigns freely choose to place more attention on certain voters than actually give more power to other voters. Your method is authoritarian. Mine is not. Chew on that.
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 11:54 am
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
quote:

If anything it’s worse. But he’s already proven he can’t do the conceptualize the distribution.

And he seems to just dismiss the reality that you can't maintain the US in an intact form with pure popular vote.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:54 am to
quote:

I'd rather campaigns freely choose to place more attention on certain voters than actually give more power to other voters. Your method is authoritarian. Mine is not. Chew on that.

The funny part here is that you are literally 180 degrees wrong.

But, too ignorant to even comprehend why much less debate it.
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:54 am to
quote:

I'd like to point out that EVERY state in the union also applies this same approach within their state. They don't have EC but, they do have methods to grant their rural areas disparate representation to prevent the place only being run by the major cities.

You liberals have the logic centers of 3 year olds.

Oh I'm aware. It's why Louisiana has like 1,000 colleges and fancy bridges to nowhere.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:55 am to
quote:

Oh I'm aware. It's why Louisiana has like 1,000 colleges and fancy bridges to nowhere.

You literally cannot even conceptualize why the nation would balkanize under your stupidity.

It's pathetic.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:56 am to
quote:

But hey. You go on thinking that not only were the founders crazy for accommodating the less populated areas.......but so were all 50 states.

Yep. Cahoots has outsmarted them ALL!!!
Posted by FooManChoo
Member since Dec 2012
41794 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:57 am to
quote:

Unless I have missed it, you seem to ignore this simple fact:

Regardless of the type of election system we use, candidates are always going to have limited resources and limited time to reach the voters before the election.

That means that no matter what system is in place, candidates have to discriminate and use their time and money as best as they can to maximize their votes. That means that someone is going to be neglected. That will be true no matter what system is proposed.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 11:59 am to
Cahoots is completely avoiding the FACT that the US wouldn't have even FORMED without the Senate and the EC...........and the FACT that it would not REMAIN formed without them.
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 11:59 am
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:00 pm to
quote:

But hey. You go on thinking that not only were the founders crazy for accommodating the less populated areas.......but so were all 50 states.

Yep. Cahoots has outsmarted them ALL!!!

You are confusing the EC with the congress. I did not say that I think Congress should be allocated differently, nor did I say Louisiana should change anything about its reps.

I'm saying that, at the federal level, the EC doesn't make sense for presidential elections. In fact, the congressional power of the small states already gives them an advantage. It's actually a good reason NOT to support the EC alongside it
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 12:01 pm
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

You literally cannot even conceptualize why the nation would balkanize under your stupidity.

It's pathetic.

It would not. There are lots of nations that have similar governments and elect Presidents/Prime Ministers/etc by popularity. You’re being dramatic
This post was edited on 10/9/18 at 12:04 pm
Posted by Taxing Authority
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57407 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

1. Under the EC, certain people get more voting power. Per capita, their vote has a larger impact on the electoral college.
Ive shown you the math why this is WORSE under popular vote.

quote:

2. Under a popular vote, certain people arguably get more attention.
And I’ve repeatedly asked you why that’s a good thing. In 1. above, you argued it was a bad thing.

quote:

Votes count the same, but geography can play to your advantage.
Only if you live in one of about 20 cities.

quote:

I think #2 is the less brutal of the two methods.
so haveing 20 cities dictate the entire election result is less brutal to the rest of the country? Ok. If so you’re too stupid to argue with. I’m sorry.
Posted by Taxing Authority
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57407 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:05 pm to
quote:

I'd rather campaigns freely choose to place more attention on certain voters than actually give more power to other voters.

quote:

Your method is authoritarian. Mine is not.
Posted by roadGator
Member since Feb 2009
140796 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:06 pm to
Which article did you read recently where a prog writer discovered the EC.

Thankfully, it won't be changed because you lost.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:06 pm to
quote:

It would not. There are lots of nations that have similar governments and elect Presidents/Prime Ministers/etc by popularity. You’re being dramatic
Saw this uneducated response coming a mile away.

You might want to think about the other nations you speak of that are comparable in size to the US and ask yourself it what they are doing is "working" from the perspective of the non urban regions.

I mean yeah. You could hold it together if you went all China on us. Which, sadly, is exactly what you liberals WANT.

Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:07 pm to
quote:

so haveing 20 cities dictate the entire election result is less brutal to the rest of the country? Ok. If so you’re too stupid to argue with. I’m sorry.

I mean. Yeah. It's sad really.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:09 pm to
quote:

Your method is authoritarian. Mine is not.

It's funny. ALL of World history is replete with centralized populated centers exercising tyranny over broad populations. It was literally the MODEL for tyranny for all of human history.

Meanwhile, there are literally zero examples of the reverse.

So. Along comes Cahoots to long for the old days.
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:09 pm to
quote:

Ive shown you the math why this is WORSE under popular vote.

Every single person's vote is worth 1 / the # of votes. When I say equal power, that's what I mean.

quote:

Elections are decided by half a million people!

The top 20 cities have like 34 million people. Even factoring in the whole metro, you could get every single vote and you still wouldn't be near 50%!
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 10/9/18 at 12:10 pm to
quote:

I mean. Yeah. It's sad really.

It's sad how much you suck at math
Posted by roadGator
Member since Feb 2009
140796 posts
Have you changed anyone's mind yet?
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts

Now THIS is funny.
Jump to page
Page First 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 9 of 17Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram