re: .

Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:05 am to
Posted by Themole
Palatka Florida
Member since Feb 2013
5557 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:05 am to
quote:

I see people taking steps to save the planet, and I want to be able to tell them I've negated their efforts on the individual level. I want them to know that they've greatly inconvenienced themselves for nothing. i want to add to the burden that is 6 billion people living in developing countries and other various shitholes.

past running a/c at home and blasting it in the car to reduce mpg i don't really know.

You might want to try wearing your catalytic converter around your neck as a necklace for all to see. Added benefit to that would be you would develop a Bull Neck, if you don't already have one.

What about having a sign made for the top of your car( like the pizza delivery people) showing a huge check engine light and P0420 code flashing?

That ought to gen em up a little.

Posted by AUsteriskPride
Albuquerque, NM
Member since Feb 2011
18385 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:09 am to
Taking a private jet and a Suburban everywhere like Gore does would probably do the trick. While you're at it, go ahead and live in a historic mansion..

Pretty much, just do what Al Gore does.
Posted by Themole
Palatka Florida
Member since Feb 2013
5557 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:09 am to
quote:

Get a burn barrel and burn all your trash.

Better insure it. It would probably get stolen first night on the job.
Posted by llfshoals
Member since Nov 2010
15622 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:12 am to
Ford put out a 10 cylinder truck some years ago. Got about 8mpg.

You can offset at least a half dozen Prius with that baby.
Posted by Themole
Palatka Florida
Member since Feb 2013
5557 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:13 am to
quote:

There has been a tremendous amount of dump posts on this board but this ranks right up there as the one of the dumbest.

So says someone that uses Flounder food as his handle. (Mudminner)
Posted by SirWinston
PNW
Member since Jul 2014
83351 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:13 am to
Get a sales job - you will fly a ton
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:15 am to
8 mpg...that's what i'm talking about.

Posted by Dale51
Member since Oct 2016
32378 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:16 am to
quote:

what can i do to greatly increase my carbon footprint?

I find that collecting old tires and burning them helps me a lot. Sometimes I can pick up a lot of old Styrofoam insulation from construction sites and burn that too.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:16 am to
quote:

Get a sales job - you will fly a ton
I'm already flying to a reunion in CT I don't want to go to. i'm committed. I need to start cranking out the kids.
Posted by Quidam65
Q Continuum
Member since Jun 2010
19327 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:17 am to
Demand plastic instead of paper at the grocery store. And have everything wrapped individually.

Don't bother properly inflating your tires or maintaining your car. Drive at the highest speeds legally allowable.

Grill everything outdoors. Light a fire in the middle of summer (oh and don't worry if the tree you cut down was still alive when you did it).

Follow these simple rules and you'll be public enemy #2 for the Sierra Club (President Trump has the #1 spot locked down for the next 4-8 years).
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:19 am to
quote:

Demand plastic instead of paper at the grocery store. And have everything wrapped individually
they have a plastic bag ban in Austin so my 2nd trip to the grocery store I brought a bunch of plastic bags I had to put my groceries in and I thought the cashier was going to pass out she was so pissed off.
Posted by Themole
Palatka Florida
Member since Feb 2013
5557 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:23 am to
quote:

they have a plastic bag ban in Austin so my 2nd trip to the grocery store I brought a bunch of plastic bags I had to put my groceries in and I thought the cashier was going to pass out she was so pissed off.

Excellent!!!
Posted by TejasHorn
High Plains Driftin'
Member since Mar 2007
11058 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:27 am to
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112811 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:27 am to
I recommend wood pellet stoves. They have to cut down the trees and then process the wood pellets in factories and then you burn it.

Posted by Bestbank Tiger
Premium Member
Member since Jan 2005
71817 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:31 am to
quote:

Actually, roll with a reusable bag. Washing it has the environmental impact of hundreds of disposable bags.
Posted by Loungefly85
Lafayette
Member since Jul 2016
7930 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:33 am to
I was learning to fly during the height of the Al Gore hysteria of 2006/2007.

I took great comfort knowing I was burning hours worth of leaded fuel in the air per week.
Posted by Tigerlaff
FIGHTING out of the Carencro Sonic
Member since Jan 2010
20947 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:33 am to
There's really only one true answer: have kids.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:34 am to
i kind of want to do it again and get someone to record it

go to whole foods and buy a ton of groceries and bring a reusable bag filled with a hundred plastic bags, start bagging them in plastic and then throw the reusable bag in the trash on my way out...record it and send it in to whatever morning zoo radio station they have here.

it would need to be a lot of groceries so i'd get a line behind me and people would have more time to work themselves up over my destruction of the environment.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:36 am to
quote:

Actually, roll with a reusable bag. Washing it has the environmental impact of hundreds of disposable bags.
there's a perception/reality gap with this because a lot of shite that is bad for the environment is celebrated as being good for the environment.

Posted by Cajun Cricket
TN, AL, CO
Member since Mar 2016
197 posts
Posted on 5/3/17 at 10:39 am to
Fly in your eyebrow stylist ...
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram