Started By
Message

re: .

Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:15 pm to
Posted by Klark Kent
Houston via BR
Member since Jan 2008
76390 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:15 pm to
Australia’s Tourism Department all just resigned.
Posted by crazy4lsu
Member since May 2005
40042 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:25 pm to
quote:


I don’t see where I disagree with you here. We’re a bunch of fat slobs who have done this to ourselves


I'm jaded to all this now. People can't do an accurate risk assessment for themselves. And in terms of government overreach it's never going to get better, because the strain of revenge politics isn't going to go away. There are no real solutions, only degrees of problems, where someone is going to get dicked.
Posted by Sao
East Texas Piney Woods
Member since Jun 2009
68469 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:25 pm to

So, the Men are not At Work.
Posted by LoveThatMoney
Who knows where?
Member since Jan 2008
12866 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:27 pm to
So OP links the tweet but hasn’t actually read any of the responses. The Aussie Olympic team stayed there for quarantine following competition. This is a facility with pools and AC and WiFi. It’s designed to be a better alternative to hotel quarantining following international travel, which is done all over the world. I got that by simply clicking the link.

The catastrophizing going on here is exactly the same as what’s going on with so called sky screamers wanting their “safe space.” This is a nothing burger with nothing on it.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
120445 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:28 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 9/29/26 at 10:34 am
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
120445 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:28 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 9/29/26 at 10:34 am
Posted by Centinel
Idaho
Member since Sep 2016
47002 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:30 pm to
quote:

It’s designed to be a better alternative to hotel quarantining following international travel, which is done all over the world. I got that by simply clicking the link.


Are you saying all over the world you have to mandatory quarantine for 14 days, even if vaccinated and a negative Covid test? And that this requirement also extends to traveling between states or provinces all over the world?
Posted by Sao
East Texas Piney Woods
Member since Jun 2009
68469 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:33 pm to
quote:

So a very nice concentration camp. As if that makes it better in its base concept.


Correct. This is what they should see in late October

Posted by crazy4lsu
Member since May 2005
40042 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:40 pm to
quote:

whatever the frick they want to us


Governments have been able to do this through all of human history. The USG has especially been able to do whatever psychopathic shite they've wanted to with barely a peep from the media. I was a kid when the left media went from anti-war to silent to now shrieking about Afghanistan, with the handful of consistent people scattered across the political spectrum, has officially jaded me to any possibility of things improving. The Bilal Abdul Kareem case, adjudicated across the Obama and Trump administrations, should be instructive for people about the lengths governments will go, for what end exactly, I'm not sure. I don't have a solution, nor do I think any protest will work.

Posted by Taxing Authority
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
64314 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:43 pm to
Lotta birds searching for a cage up in here
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
120445 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:44 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 9/29/26 at 10:34 am
Posted by crazy4lsu
Member since May 2005
40042 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:46 pm to
People think that, but it's rarely if ever so straightforward.
Posted by DeafJam73
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2010
19122 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 3:50 pm to
quote:

So, completely disagree with it and think it is an affront to basic human rights. Literally nothing about this is something we should tolerate as human beings. That being said, they are not mass killing people so I would say it's more like us imprisoning the Japanese during WW2 than Auschwitz.


No, but how close do people have to get to that point before they say that enough is enough? Even if a government isn’t outright slaying people, they are still overreaching and abusing their power. Not that I think you disagree; I’m just saying. I’m more talking to the Australians. When will they tell their government to frick off?
Posted by Tex Longhorn
Member since Aug 2021
402 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 4:15 pm to
quote:

So, the Men are not At Work.


Who Can It Be Now? Women? Trannies?

Seems like Overkill. I CAN'T GET TO SLEEP! I think about the implications, of diving in too deep, and possibly the complications. Especially at night, I worry over situations, I know will be alright, perhaps it's just imagination. Day after day it reappears, night after night my heartbeat shows the fear, goats appear and fade away.
This post was edited on 9/3/21 at 4:19 pm
Posted by SoFla Tideroller
South Florida
Member since Apr 2010
42218 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 4:51 pm to
quote:

called sky screamers wanting their “safe space.” This is a nothing burger with nothing on it.


It is tragic Americans equate liberty and freedom with hurt feelings.
Posted by cokebottleag
I’m a Santos Republican
Member since Aug 2011
24080 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 5:02 pm to
Anne Frank was in an infirmary getting health care while in a concentration camp.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
120445 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 5:03 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 9/29/26 at 10:33 am
Posted by wileyjones
Member since May 2014
2729 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 5:07 pm to
quote:

it's more like us imprisoning the Japanese during WW2 than Auschwitz.
what would’ve happened to our Japanese camps if our supply lines were bombed and we couldn’t provide food?
Posted by Esquire
Chiraq
Member since Apr 2014
15375 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 5:19 pm to
quote:

If a Republican doesn't want to eat meat, they won't eat meat. If a democrat doesn't want to eat meat, they want to make it illegal for everyone to eat meat.


Now do weed or gambling
This post was edited on 9/3/21 at 5:20 pm
Posted by SDVTiger
Cabo San Lucas
Member since Nov 2011
101122 posts
Posted on 9/3/21 at 5:21 pm to
quote:

Now do weed or gambling


Definitely comparable to food
Jump to page
Page First 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 8 of 14Next pagelast page

Back to top
logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on X, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

Facebook•X•Instagram