Started By
re: .

Posted on 9/20/14 at 9:28 am to
Posted by Epic Cajun
Lafayette, LA
Member since Feb 2013
32391 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 9:28 am to
I did it once. The guy was obviously hammered, though. He swerved off of the road, into a shallow ditch, then back on the road and kept swerving. It was pretty bad.

Also, called and reported a truck that drove off of the interstate and jumped the exit ramp at Butte La Rose (perpendicularly), driving into the woods. I'm not sure if he was drunk or had some other kind of medical condition, as I saw it occur in my rear view mirror and I couldn't stop.
Posted by tketaco
Sunnyside, Houston
Member since Jan 2010
19448 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 9:29 am to
:kermitsippingtea:
Posted by ruzil
Baton Rouge
Member since Feb 2012
16875 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 9:41 am to
quote:

in the fast lane

Posted by GRTiger
On a roof eating alligator pie
Member since Dec 2008
62854 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 9:43 am to
I've only done it once, just recently actually. Driving from Houston to new Orleans after flying in from working out of town. It was between BR and NOLA so it was late. I had my wife and baby in the car and this woman almost killed us by moving over into my lane right as we approached going about 45 on I10. I had to nail the brakes and I hammered the horn. I realized it was bad when she lingered between the two lanes and it took her a good 10 seconds to react to the horn and finally get back in the right lane. I had a feeling it was tired driving rather than drunk driving, but I knew this woman was going to kill herself or someone else. I didn't stick around to see if they did anything since she was going so slow.
Posted by CHEDBALLZ
South Central LA
Member since Dec 2009
21909 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 9:51 am to
*LSP

Ive called them several times to report drunk iratic driving.
Posted by Aubie Spr96
lolwut?
Member since Dec 2009
41072 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 10:05 am to
Turn em in all the time. You're an idiot for not doing the same. Might be someone you know and love they fricking run over. Dumbass.
Posted by TulaneUVA
Member since Jun 2005
25881 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 10:07 am to
quote:

No

I don't report drunk drivers

Surprise
Posted by LSU alum wannabe
Katy, TX
Member since Jan 2004
26964 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 10:08 am to
Did twice in Houston. Pain in the arse. They kept switching me from dispatcher to dispatcher as the guy was driving down I-10 through different jurisdictions. I finally gave up as the dude went all the way to Katy.

Funny part was a wrecker passed me at the end and looked over at me and gave me a tip of the cap gesture. And got in behind the guy. Obviously listening to the scanner and was going to take over to get the tow.
Posted by HubbaBubba
F_uck Joe Biden, TX
Member since Oct 2010
45710 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 11:01 am to
quote:

I don't report drunk drivers
My best friend and five other friends plus an elderly couple died in a head on collision as my buddy was drunk, crossing the center line right at the apex of a hill.

I wish somebody had reported him.
This post was edited on 9/20/14 at 11:03 am
Posted by Lsupimp
Ersatz Amerika-97.6% phony & fake
Member since Nov 2003
78362 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 11:02 am to
You can always tell who has kids and who doesn't with these threads.
Posted by runningTiger
Member since Apr 2014
3029 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 11:04 am to
I report ASAP

Don't want a victim of a drunk driver I saw in my conscience

A good citizen is obligated to report
Posted by Madmanmike
Laffy
Member since Sep 2007
791 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 11:05 am to
I haven't reported a drunk. But, after getting broadsided by an idiot who was drunk with no lights on bet your arse I will now!
Posted by Tigah in the ATL
Atlanta
Member since Feb 2005
27539 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 12:07 pm to
Yes report them. If someone had reported you maybe you would've stopped sooner

Also, all the drunks is a big reason for high insurance in LA.
This post was edited on 9/20/14 at 12:13 pm
Posted by Bestbank Tiger
Premium Member
Member since Jan 2005
70896 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 2:09 pm to
quote:

i've actually had my passenger phone in people before. get the license plate number and the GTFO.

Didn't even think of that

I usually don't have a passenger.
This post was edited on 1/19/21 at 7:13 pm
Posted by Asgard Device
The Daedalus
Member since Apr 2011
11562 posts
Posted on 9/20/14 at 2:21 pm to
quote:

Also, all the drunks is a big reason for high insurance in LA.

I haven't seen unbiased factual evidence of this. Most car accidents don't involve drunk drivers.

Anecdotally, when I encounter a driver make a bonehead mistake and almost hit me or someone else, 9/10 times they are on the phone. Most accidents are during the day as people go to and from work. I-10 is full of bad sober drivers at 5pm.

I suspect smart phones are the most dangerous things out there. Also, over 300,000 people have died in car accidents over the past 10 years in America. Most involved sober drivers.

Driving in general is dangerous and you out your and your family at risk every time you get on the road.

Having said that, I'm getting more and more tempted to start reporting these jackasses. Part of the reason I don't is that its a hassle. I've called the police several times before for other things and they kept transferring me. When I didn't say "frick it, never mind", they took 45 minutes to show up. Unfortunately, my faith in cops is low these days.
This post was edited on 9/20/14 at 2:24 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram