Started By
re: .

Posted on 8/28/11 at 8:30 am to
Posted by thegoodbubba
Member since Aug 2011
31 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 8:30 am to
quote:

Anyone else not sweating the Oregon game?
The way I see it, JL is at worst on par with JJ.

If this is the case why was JJ your starting QB? Do you think you know that much more than your coach. Yes Lee may be a better passer (though according to stats he isn't much better), but that doesn't necessarily make him a better QB.

Posted by guttata
prairieville
Member since Feb 2006
22504 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 8:33 am to
I believe either LSU wins a nailbiter or Oregon beats LSU by 24-30.
Posted by josh336
baton rouge
Member since Jan 2007
77351 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 8:56 am to
Facebook
Posted by Loanshark
Lecompte, La
Member since Aug 2011
479 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 11:49 am to
quote:

Les is always at his best for these type of games. So, I'm pretty confident

You think he will bring his own grass from home or just pick some from outside the stadium?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 12:33 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/26/23 at 2:20 am
Posted by EricB
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2008
1680 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 12:59 pm to
quote:

Do you think you know that much more than your coach. Yes Lee may be a better passer (though according to stats he isn't much better), but that doesn't necessarily make him a better QB.

I hate to have to be 'that guy,' but Miles has made it clear, without any shame, that he'd of played JJ no matter what.
Posted by thegoodbubba
Member since Aug 2011
31 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 1:27 pm to
quote:

Actually I do, Your QB threw 2 interceptions, Oregon got 125 of their passing yards on 2 plays...2 plays, otherwise your QB failed to consistently get yards through the air.

You have caused me to change my opinion of you, no longer do I believe you don't know what you are talking about, now I think you are actually just stupid. Thomas had 363 yards passing, so while he did gain 125 on 2 plays (which by the way was only 3 less than LSU gained all game against Auburn), he gained 248 on the rest of the plays.

By the way all defenses in the world are great if you simply subtract out the big plays they give up. Moron.
Posted by Adam Banks
District 5
Member since Sep 2009
31803 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 1:33 pm to
Im not...its going to be a solid 24-10 win thats not even that close. UO's offense was shut down by cal.....take that in for a second....its all hype. If you penetrate you shut them down. They will start going back into the huddle midway through the second or third series. We will run the ball and pound away at their front 7 like AU. Its not going to be tough Im sorry. They are slightly above a WAC Hawaii type team. GIMMICK!
This post was edited on 8/28/11 at 1:35 pm
Posted by Tiger Ugly
Baton Rouge
Member since Jul 2008
14476 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 1:37 pm to
quote:

I think the fanbase is a bit overconfident all things considered.

We most always are, that's why we get so venomous when we lose. Cause we think we are so vastly superior we need fall guys when we don't live up to unrealistic platitudes.

Having said that, I'm more optimistic than usual about this game in particular. I just think it's a good matchup for us and that the extra time to prepare for what Oregon brings neutralizes the advantage they have in most regular season games where teams have 1-2 weeks to prepare.
Posted by EricB
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2008
1680 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 1:37 pm to
quote:

UO's offense was shut down by cal

No one doubts that LSU's defense -- ok let me repharise that -- no one who knows football doubts that LSU's defense has 2 deep talent easily capable of shutting down oregon's offense, but you always have to wonder if ole Chavis can calm down that 'trigger finger' and not blitz too much. Blitzing is great especially if you have the secondary LSU has, but Oregon's offense is best stopped by being patient and playing responsible.

Honestly, LSU's defense could get 'bored' and start making irresponsible decisions that could lead to big plays...
Posted by TIGRLEE
Northeast Louisiana
Member since Nov 2009
31493 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 1:41 pm to
Im expecting very similar outcome as the last time we played in that building.
Posted by LSU1NSEC
Member since Sep 2007
17243 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 2:37 pm to
Hopefully team's fresh and healthy and morale's good.
Posted by NAsh-vegas Tigah
Franklin, TN
Member since Jan 2004
2328 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 2:53 pm to
I personally am sweating the Oregon game. They are well coached and very talented at the skill position. LSU is likely top to bottom is more talented but Oregon is no slouch.
Posted by wheelz007
Denham Springs, LA
Member since Jan 2010
3353 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 3:17 pm to
I'm sweating this game. Oregon is a legit Top 10 team.

If we don't tackle well or play disciplined on D, and allow Oregon to hit us with big plays - we're gonna get our tails whipped.

If we turn the ball over 3 or 4 times, especially on our own end of the field, we're gonna get our tails whipped.

That being said, if our D is as good as advertised, Oregon may get their butt's kicked.

If Lee has a good game and the OLine opens the holes for our strong running game, we might whip Oregon's tails.

But make no mistake, this game is going to be a good one.

Posted by tigerbaittrick
Member since Jan 2010
7265 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 3:19 pm to
quote:

Im expecting very similar outcome as the last time we played in that building.

As am I.
Posted by primemover225
Baton Rouge
Member since Mar 2010
6538 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 3:23 pm to
I'm not sweating it.

None of the defensive players are suspended, they are the ones that are fast enough to keep up with Oregon.

But if we start to see offensive linemen fricking up, and JL starts getting sacked or pressured into throwing picks, then that's going to be a problem.

I don't see it being the case though. I think they understand how important it is to protect JL and are going to put their lives on the line to do it.
Posted by TigerWatch
Metairie
Member since Feb 2004
3214 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 3:44 pm to
First games are always tough to forecast. That being said, anyone who thinks Oregon is going to be easy isn't living in reality. I do like our chances based on how Miles preps teams with the extra time and I think our players are out to prove something. But no, I'm not sweating this game any more than I do any other game.
Posted by King Joey
Just south of the DC/US border
Member since Mar 2004
12493 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 4:14 pm to
quote:

Oregon's offense is best stopped by being patient and playing responsible.
That very much an oversimplification. History has shown that offense's like Oregon's are best shut down by disciplined pressure. Sitting back and waiting simply gives time for the mismatch to develop and the QB to recognize it. Pressure, without breaking assignments, is the key to shutting them down. Make certain that Thomas has to make exactly the right decision 60 times out of 60 and give him less than a second to do it, and don't give him any outs with broken assignments in the secondary. If you pressure him, he might beat you for a big play IF the rest of your defense makes a mistake; if you don't pressure him, it's nearly 100% the he will beat you for a big play even if no one on your defense makes a mistake.

Posted by cornstarch
Member since May 2010
2226 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 4:19 pm to
quote:

I hope both teams stay healthy and out of trouble

Too late for that one.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 8/28/11 at 6:20 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/26/23 at 2:20 am
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 7Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram