Ask your mom where I been
Member since Nov 2007
76782 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:08 am to
quote:

didn't read the article. I'm just basing my opinion off of the title. I

I read it. It goes like this:
- whites killed MLK.
- whites tried to atone for racist sins through MLK Day, civil rights legislation, the blood of white men in the civil war.
- whites were so awful to blacks for so long that whites just literally can't even.
- whites need to do better and listen to blacks.

This is your friendly daily dose of white guilt. Enjoy!
Posted by germandawg
Member since Sep 2012
14135 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:09 am to
So there was nothing at all in the killing of Martin Luther King that derived from centuries of white society dominating black people? It was merely a one off act of a deranged white person acting in a vacuum with absolutely no life experiences which could have lead him to commit the horrendous act?

Yes, some black folks kill one another. While that number may be higher per capita that number of white folks who kill white folks is not exactly a small number. Humans kill one another....we always have and always will. That has NOTHING to do with the state sponsored racism of a couple of hundred years that lead in part to the assassination of King....
Posted by rbWarEagle
Member since Nov 2009
49999 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:17 am to
quote:

Yes, some black folks kill one another. While that number may be higher per capita that number of white folks who kill white folks is not exactly a small number. Humans kill one another....we always have and always will. That has NOTHING to do with the state sponsored racism of a couple of hundred years that lead in part to the assassination of King....

Clearly this is true. I see no problem in acknowledging it. There has to be some point, though, in which we as a society make an effort to move on and refrain from constantly stirring the pot. Are there some harmful elements within our society still in need of reform? Sure. But we've clearly made progress and most of reasoned society is behind continuing this progress. There is just something really irritating about this type of negative focus in media, especially from a "minister".
Posted by CoachDon
Louisville
Member since Sep 2014
12409 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:25 am to
quote:

On average, 1,876 black babies are aborted every day in the United States

quote:

USA Today Column: Whites killed MLK. Now we honor him

...while blacks are potentially killing the next one.

The math since the 70's is jaw-dropping and nauseating on the number of aborted black babies. You're killing your voice, votes, leaders, etc...

Worry about that.
This post was edited on 1/16/17 at 10:28 am
Posted by rbWarEagle
Member since Nov 2009
49999 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:31 am to
I see the point you're trying to make, but it could quite easily be argued that the same systematic impediments which put blacks behind the 8-ball (lack of access to good public schools, for instance), are influencing abortion rates in black communities.
Posted by CoachDon
Louisville
Member since Sep 2014
12409 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:39 am to
It doesn't follow suit with the age old image of community blacks paint for everyone in combination with their strong religious heritage. It goes against slogans, heritage, and movements like - "stong black", "blm". "a mind is a terrible thing to waste", "negro spirituals", "struggle", etal...

Don't paint me a strong picture of a people and subsequently commit genocide at the same fricking time.
Posted by rbWarEagle
Member since Nov 2009
49999 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:43 am to
You clearly have an extremely polarized view of abortion - wouldn't you agree? I think your view of abortion has a big impact on your ability to approach this topic with much objectivity.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112772 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:45 am to
quote:

He realizes it was one guy, James Earl Ray and not three rednecks, James, Earl and Ray, right?

After the assassination there were black activists who insisted it wasn't James Earl Ray. The narrative was that Ray was the scapegoat. It was a CIA plot. The US govt killed MLK.
Posted by SouthernHog
Arkansas
Member since Jul 2016
6220 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 10:55 am to
Why are all these lefty newspapers trying to promote a race war? Do they not know how one sided it would be?
Posted by SavageOrangeJug
Member since Oct 2005
19758 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 11:01 am to
Open the sealed FBI files on King and let's see if his sainthood holds up.
Posted by AUbagman
LA
Member since Jun 2014
10583 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 11:01 am to
Any mention of the average 500 white people killed by black people every year.

The stats the media rarely talks about.
Posted by Glorious
Mobile
Member since Aug 2014
24631 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 11:11 am to
Well if a white guy didn't kill him he wouldn't have mattered so....
Posted by deltaland
Member since Mar 2011
91203 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 11:58 am to
quote:

Listen to what?

I tried to but I don't understand Ebonics
Posted by ljhog
Lake Jackson, Tx.
Member since Apr 2009
19122 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 2:38 pm to
quote:

The math since the 70's is jaw-dropping and nauseating on the number of aborted black babies. You're killing your voice, votes, leaders, etc... Worry about that.

sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112772 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 2:46 pm to
quote:

Open the sealed FBI files on King and let's see if his sainthood holds up.

G. Gordon Liddy was working for the FBI during the MLK investigation. He said there was no proof that MLK was knowingly associating with Soviet agents. Most of the info was MLK ordering prostitutes.
Posted by Rakim
Member since Nov 2015
9954 posts
Posted on 1/16/17 at 2:49 pm to
Exactly, MLK was on a Kennedy like run with the ladies before he was shot.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram