Started By
re: .

Posted on 1/3/17 at 7:52 pm to
Posted by thelawnwranglers
Member since Sep 2007
38917 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 7:52 pm to
You have a shitty roommate? Make other friends or close your door.

Posted by pelicansfan123
Member since Jan 2015
2025 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 7:56 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/9/20 at 6:45 pm
Posted by thelawnwranglers
Member since Sep 2007
38917 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 7:58 pm to
Jesus get a dorm room if you are on a dirty couch
Posted by djangochained
Gardere
Member since Jul 2013
19054 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:01 pm to
Go get high, play video games and frick women
Posted by Spankum
Miss-sippi
Member since Jan 2007
56225 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:06 pm to
If your house is the big issue, is there no way that you can do something to make it a little more acceptable while you are there?
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
67023 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:11 pm to
quote:

And I don't think any of this makes me a "snowflake".

quote:

it's tough going back for second semester. I remember feeling similarly last year

:Jenniferlawrenceokgif:
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
67023 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:12 pm to
quote:

it's the physical house itself which is bad. Smelly, dirty, I'm essentially sleeping on a couch for reasons that are too lengthy to go into

Clean the house and buy a futon, little snowflake.

Are you having problems, because your mom isn't there to clean and wipe your butt for you?
This post was edited on 1/3/17 at 8:13 pm
Posted by pelicansfan123
Member since Jan 2015
2025 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:14 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/9/20 at 6:45 pm
Posted by jefforize
Member since Feb 2008
44190 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:18 pm to
Sounds like a perfect trap house. Become a plug and you will no longer feel homesick I promise.
Posted by tiger520
Member since Aug 2014
288 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:20 pm to
quote:

miserable

quote:

oblivious

quote:

pelicansfan123

Name checks out.
Posted by Old Money
Member since Sep 2012
36704 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:20 pm to
use this as motivation to better yourself in life
Posted by Titus Pullo
MTDGA
Member since Feb 2011
28567 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:21 pm to
If you only knew.
Posted by Loungefly85
Lafayette
Member since Jul 2016
7930 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 8:44 pm to
First year of college. Yeah. A little.

After that. Hell no.
Posted by USMCTiger03
Member since Sep 2007
71176 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 9:46 pm to
Totally normal. Campus is dead, weather is shite, holidays were great and now over. Kinda shitty time of year now for many. When I was at LSU, I was usually going back after the holidays to some fun and good parties and still missed home a good bit.

frick, I miss college.
Posted by tigerbandpiccolo
Member since Oct 2005
49284 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 9:51 pm to
Hey pelicansfan.

I graduated from LSU in 2009 and I sympathize with you on this. I always loved the fall semester, being in Tigerband kept me busy and having a blast with my buds. There was just more excitement and buzz about the fall. I also adore Christmas so being home for a couple of weeks with family always left me pretty glum when I returned for the spring semester.

When I recall my saddest and lowest times in college, they did tend to fall in the time period between Christmas and Easter, for whatever reason. Perhaps I wasn't staying as busy as I was used to, I don't know. But feeling down is ok and expressing that to others is healthier than bottling it up. I don't have a ton of great advice except perhaps getting more involved in a club, part time job, or something you enjoy. I started doing more community service through LSU service learning in addition to my work during the spring semester. Playing my flute and visiting with the old folks at Ollie Steele Burden Manor was awesome. Best of luck and don't let the haters get to you.
Posted by speechles
Member since Jan 2013
1308 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 10:04 pm to
Just finished my first semester too bro. Lived by myself for the first time ever, but I dont know your living arrangements. Being alone was definitely a tough adjustment and i was homesick for about 2 months before i started meeting people. Just enjoy the time you get to kinda be an adult but still have your parents there to help financially. Go meet people, getting laid will help morale too obviously
This post was edited on 1/3/17 at 10:06 pm
Posted by mikelbr
Baton Rouge
Member since Apr 2008
47590 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 10:11 pm to
quote:

Did anybody who went to college feel like the time after winter break caused more homesickness than the time after summer break.

Considering I lived at home 9 miles from LSU, I would often make my own breakfast because I woke up later than the parents. But no. Can't say I got home sick.
Posted by Spankum
Miss-sippi
Member since Jan 2007
56225 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 10:16 pm to
quote:

I think I will probably suggest to my roommate that I go to bed bath and beyond and get a bed frame or something.

sure, that makes sense. if something is causing you to feel bad, and you have the ability to fix it, then you should do that. As I said earlier though, feeling a little homesick this time of year is perfectly normal and does not end when you get out of school, if you enjoy being around your family around the holidays, etc.
Posted by East Coast Band
Member since Nov 2010
62996 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 10:16 pm to
I sense a dropout.

Make the most out of life and quit acting so gloomy.
Posted by Delacroix22
Member since Aug 2013
3997 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 10:48 pm to
At 28 leaving my parents after Christmas was very bittersweet. So much so I went back to spend time with them the next week.

I'm an adult now. My parents are getting old. My childhood dog is now 14 she's getting old too.

You realize what is important around Christmas time.

My family is very dear to me. And the realization I won't have an unlimited time to spend with them is a horribly saddening thought. So I want them to know I appreciate them and I want to be around them as much as I can.

I think much of your homesick feeling OP is you being aware you're in a new phase of your life. And you're extremely nostalgic.

Being with loved ones at Christmas is a sentiment stressed around this time of year. And once the season starts to pass you wish you could do it all again. Pretty natural.
This post was edited on 1/3/17 at 10:50 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram