re: .

Posted on 5/13/13 at 10:22 pm to
Posted by Newbomb Turk
perfectanschlagen
Member since May 2008
9961 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 10:22 pm to
quote:

Cherish your days in NOLA. I live in Spokane and it's pretty awful being so far from the Saints. No radio or local coverage, no fellow Who Dats to watch the game with and no Saints gear anywhere. It's just me and my family surrounded by millions of Seahawks fans.

Do you have family/good friend in N.O.?

If so, you REALLY need to buy them a Slingbox. While the quality isn't "great" especially when you blow it up to 65", it beats anything else (other than Sunday Ticket).

PLUS, you get to watch all the pre-game stuff on WVUE (and the other channels), as well as the wrap up show. Of course, on Mondays, watching Jim Henderson's comments are a must.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 10:36 pm to
Damn, lot of Austin saints fans. This is encouraging
Posted by Uncle Stu
#AlbinoLivesMatter
Member since Aug 2004
33659 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 10:45 pm to
Katrina

before that - Shoal Creek would fill up, and thats about it...but that is one tiny place, even after they expanded, it's still a tiny little room. But, there wasnt really enough Saints fans to warrant branching out, finding a 2nd, bigger place, etc. Plus, Shoal Creek had been that S LA hangout since before I moved here in '98 - it's got a loyal following from those that have been here for decades. That's never going to change.

But, once all the displaced settled in, the number of Saints fans exploded. And, on Sunday afternoons, West 6th is a much more enjoyable place to be over S. Lamar anyway.
Posted by TotesMcGotes
New York, New York
Member since Mar 2009
27874 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 10:55 pm to
There are two Saints bars in NYC that are fun. One is packed with Saints/Vikings fans. It was awesome for a while, but it got out of hand during the Super Bowl season. Another is more casual. Probably like 15-20 people but mostly Saints fans.
Posted by BayouFann
CenLa
Member since Jun 2012
6868 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 11:06 pm to
how in the hell can one enjoy his team in an out of town bar? yeeaaah, i just hate sports bars period!
Posted by TotesMcGotes
New York, New York
Member since Mar 2009
27874 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 11:09 pm to
We don't really have much of a choice. It's a bar or nothing.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 11:12 pm to
Man I'm excited about Austin. Saints bars just seal the deal
Posted by Hoodoo Man
Sunshine Pumping most days.
Member since Oct 2011
31637 posts
Posted on 5/13/13 at 11:15 pm to
I don't know what I'm gonna do now that I've moved to Florida.

Anybody know of any good Saints bars in the Ft Lauderdale area?
Posted by Sho Nuff
Oahu
Member since Feb 2009
11917 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 4:30 am to
quote:

Sunday ticket here in hawaii. Get up at 6:00 and watch the game & eat breakfast with a beer about 7 or 8 am depending on when in the season it is. Best part is going to be having all day to do stuff afterwards.

Yep. Games start at 7am and you can still have a pretty eventful Sunday after.
Posted by albanyla
Florida
Member since Apr 2012
250 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 5:07 am to
Grew up in and around BR. Lived on Jennifer Jean as a boy (1/2 mile from campus) while they were building Burbank. I would play on campus until my Dad got off work, hit him up for a buck or two and go to a little burger place at the entrance to Tigerland (cant remember the name). Graduated from BRHS and even tried a semester at LSU but I wasnt ready for college. Got my degree elsewhere many years later after a term in the Navy.

For the OP: I have direct TV and hit an away game in TB now and again...but the TB experience is not great.
Posted by ClientNumber9
Member since Feb 2009
9316 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 8:20 am to
Newbomb Turk, i definitely need to look into this. Thanks for the tip!
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77586 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 8:32 am to
quote:

Games start at 7am

All of my life, games have started at 12:00, and I always wondered how weird it would be if I they came on at 10:00. 7:00...............o_O
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 8:36 am to
10 sucks.
Posted by TotesMcGotes
New York, New York
Member since Mar 2009
27874 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 8:52 am to
1 is great. Gives you plenty of time to get some things done before the game and then get to wherever you're watching it.
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77586 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 9:04 am to
I guess I wouldn't mind 1:00. I usually don't get out of church until 12:30, so unless I leave right away and head home, I typically miss the first quarter of games.

I love where I live, though. I'm 4 hours from New Orleans, so Saints games are always on, and I don't have to live in Louisiana. Cake and I'm eating it.
Posted by MISISIPICOAST
Member since Aug 2008
638 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 9:13 am to
Heading for central Illinois and about 2 hours from Eastern Illinois University (CSP's stomping grounds) in one week. I picked up an eight foot team flag yesterday and am ready to represent. The positive I find in the move is the # of NFC teams in proximity (STL, CHI, GB, MIN, DET) as well as IND. Have the opportunity to drive East and see stadiums that I would NEVER go see from here! Hoping to get a game someday w/ my pops in Pitt.
Posted by TigerWise
Front Seat of an Uber
Member since Sep 2010
35113 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 9:26 am to
Did it for 5 years, but I made 3-4 games every year so I got my fix. It helped having a Saints bar where I lived and it was a huge plus we were good at the time. Lots of national TV games.
Posted by ShamelessPel
Metairie
Member since Apr 2013
12721 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 9:32 am to
quote:

Austin

I'd be willing to bet money there is a bar somewhere in Austin that is crawling with Who Dat's on gameday. It's close enough to NOLA and it's a very liberal city. I could see a lot of them giving 2 craps about the Cowboys/Texans.
Posted by Uncle Stu
#AlbinoLivesMatter
Member since Aug 2004
33659 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 12:18 pm to
quote:

I could see a lot of them giving 2 craps about the Cowboys/Texans.

then you must not see very well

it's about 80/20 Cowboys:Texans.....and that 80% is the most nauseating 80% alive, it's sickening

the other NFL Fan bases here that make a little noise:
Saints
Packers
Vikings
Eagles
Titans

no other fanbase around town really makes an impression
This post was edited on 5/14/13 at 12:19 pm
Posted by Sho Nuff
Oahu
Member since Feb 2009
11917 posts
Posted on 5/14/13 at 2:08 pm to
What sucks is waking up and then having to wait 3-4 hours before games start at noon. I can watch games at 7 and 10 and it's about 1pm after a beautiful morning of non-stop NFL package

Then you can go do a few things before SNF. Go bbq, to the park, store, friend's house, frick your girl, whatever.

I thought I'd hate early arse games too but now I'm hooked. When I visit NOLA I go crazy waiting for the games to start
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 6Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram