Started By
re: .

Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:32 pm to
Posted by LSUJuicer
Member since Jan 2013
3351 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:32 pm to
I mean Louisiana has under 5 million residence. Even if every Louisiana television watched something else, it really won’t hurt the ratings. Ads are already sold. And no matter how angry people are TV’s will turn to it. If the Rams win the melt will only get better.
Posted by wildtigercat93
Member since Jul 2011
112298 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:34 pm to
quote:

You mentioned "star players" when in reality there's like 1,

Rams have 4 pro bowlers including the best defensive player in the league, a top 3 RB in the league, a young QB that just orchestrated a comeback in a tough environment.

They were widely regarded as the most talented team in football before the season started
Posted by dawgfan24348
Member since Oct 2011
49238 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:40 pm to
Actually I like the watching Rams plus Gurley is their star RB and of course you have Michel being the star RB on the Pats but yeah it's only because they beat the Saints
Posted by dawgfan24348
Member since Oct 2011
49238 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:43 pm to
You're insane if you don't think the media will bring up the Super Bowl that kicked off the Pats dynasty as well it being the last time the Rams were in the Super Bowl.

You're just a butthurt Saints fan who'll cry and whine about the NFL but watch the Super Bowl anyway
Posted by Cowboyfan89
Member since Sep 2015
12713 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:46 pm to
quote:

And you brought up a rematch from a game that was played nearly 20 years ago that no one remembers.

Lmfao! People remember the Tuck Rule game, and you think they don't remember what it lead to? Everyone remembers that game.
Posted by whoa
New Orleans
Member since Sep 2017
4567 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 4:57 pm to
Being a pro-bowler doesn’t mean you’re a star. Average NFL Fan couldn’t name one Ram.

I’m not watching the SB. Just like I didn’t watch last years or probably the year before that.
This post was edited on 1/23/19 at 4:57 pm
Posted by wildtigercat93
Member since Jul 2011
112298 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 5:20 pm to
quote:

Average NFL Fan couldn’t name one Ram.

Average nfl fan couldn’t name Todd fricking gurley?
Posted by ProfFrink
Springfield
Member since Nov 2018
3407 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 5:26 pm to
quote:

Average NFL Fan couldn’t name one Ram.

Todd Gurley is a household name.

Aaron Donald and Suh are both well known.

Jared Goff and Cooper Kupp are both pretty popular and rising.

Posted by theducks
Where The Blazers Play
Member since Aug 2013
13706 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 7:55 pm to
quote:

I’m not watching the SB.

Lies.

quote:

Just like I didn’t watch last years or probably the year before that

You’re telling me you didn’t watch the Pats comeback from 28-3 even though you probably posted that same troll a million times since then? More lies about not watching the SB. Give it up man. It doesn’t make you look cool.
Posted by CocoLoco
Member since Jan 2012
29108 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 8:17 pm to
It is the least compelling matchup of the 4 possible matchups. This is a pretty common opinion on reddit, too.

Posted by CocoLoco
Member since Jan 2012
29108 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 8:20 pm to
quote:

Todd Gurley is a household name.

A household name is Tom Brady. Household names is when someone knows about a guy even if they don't watch football. I doubt anyone that doesn't watch football has heard of him. He doesn't have some big personality.
Posted by CocoLoco
Member since Jan 2012
29108 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 8:26 pm to
quote:

They were widely regarded as the most talented team in football before the season started

they probably are the most stacked roster. There aren't any big personalities, though. They also have a very weak fanbase and people still getting used to them, feels very corporate. They are a pretty boring team. Chiefs are exciting, they have the MVP and are good for big plays every game. Patriots have the villain factor and the goat. Saints have tons of personality on the team and a true fanbase. The Rams... uh I dunno, they have good players. Yawn
Posted by SSpaniel
Germantown
Member since Feb 2013
29658 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 8:46 pm to
quote:

If had to guess, Super Bowl viewing numbers will be at, or near, an all-time low.

Yeah... no.

quote:

I mean, how can you really care when one of the teams feels like they were placed there due to officiating incompetence?

I'm POSITIVE that's how the Rams feel. They probably only give half effort, while thinking to themselves "We don't deserve to be here. We can't beat the Pats. We suck."

I bet that's how they feel, don't you?

Dumb post is dumb.
Posted by whoa
New Orleans
Member since Sep 2017
4567 posts
Posted on 1/23/19 at 8:48 pm to
Why would I lie about not watching the SB?

Pretty sure I worked for the Falcons/Pats & last year I was on the road.
Posted by ironsides
Nashville, TN
Member since May 2006
8153 posts
Posted on 1/24/19 at 7:54 am to
The super bowl ratings last couple of years have been about 114m households - hasn’t dipped below 100 since 2008 or 2009 can’t remember. Won’t be an all time low because the media distribution is different than it was say in the 1980s.

I do think normal football fans have patriots fatigue and don’t think the rams really belong, so it is likely that they are in the high 90s or low 100s. These are the numbers to watch.

The question is, if they under deliver their viewing forecast how screwed is NBC with their advertisers? My guess is that the officiating mistake cost NBC millions in terms of lost viewership.
Posted by jeffsdad
Member since Mar 2007
21379 posts
Posted on 1/24/19 at 7:55 am to
Because it is tainted.
Posted by Wally Sparks
Atlanta
Member since Feb 2013
29130 posts
Posted on 1/24/19 at 7:59 am to
quote:

The question is, if they under deliver their viewing forecast how screwed is NBC with their advertisers? My guess is that the officiating mistake cost NBC millions in terms of lost viewership.

Super Bowl is on CBS this year
Posted by RedHawk
Baton Rouge
Member since Aug 2007
8842 posts
Posted on 1/24/19 at 9:23 am to
quote:

It is the least compelling matchup of the 4 possible matchups. This is a pretty common opinion on reddit, too.

Have no idea how a Chiefs/Saints or Saints/Patriots is more compelling. The ratings are going to be there no matter what. The few that boycott the game won't even be noticeable in the final ratings.
Posted by whoa
New Orleans
Member since Sep 2017
4567 posts
Posted on 1/24/19 at 9:30 am to
Brees vs. Brady
MVP Candidate vs. MVP Candidate

Posted by wildtigercat93
Member since Jul 2011
112298 posts
Posted on 1/24/19 at 9:33 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 1/24/19 at 9:34 am
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 8Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram