- My Forums
- Tiger Rant
- LSU Recruiting
- SEC Rant
- Saints Talk
- Pelicans Talk
- More Sports Board
- Fantasy Sports
- Golf Board
- Soccer Board
- O-T Lounge
- Tech Board
- Home/Garden Board
- Outdoor Board
- Health/Fitness Board
- Movie/TV Board
- Book Board
- Music Board
- Political Talk
- Money Talk
- Fark Board
- Gaming Board
- Travel Board
- Food/Drink Board
- Ticket Exchange
- TD Help Board
Customize My Forums- View All Forums
- Show Left Links
- Topic Sort Options
- Trending Topics
- Recent Topics
- Active Topics
Started By
Message
re: 2022 NASCAR Season Thread - 2022-23 Offseason
Posted on 9/13/22 at 10:55 am to CobraCommander83
Posted on 9/13/22 at 10:55 am to CobraCommander83
Denny will do all he can to get Reddick out from under Childress next year. That's what I get out of that line.
Posted on 9/13/22 at 11:00 am to MikeHoncho47
Yeah. I don’t know how contracts in NASCAR work but I wonder if there is any buyout clauses in the contracts. Make Hamlin pay a buyout.
Posted on 9/13/22 at 11:02 am to SPEEDY
quote:
"I can do it. Any Chevrolet IndyCar teams, call me up." Kyle Busch on being able to run the Indianapolis 500. He says Samantha is okay with it. "The only guy that said no was my former boss."
Posted on 9/13/22 at 11:50 am to CobraCommander83
quote:
"The only guy that said no was my former boss."
Posted on 9/13/22 at 11:58 am to CobraCommander83
quote:
Hamlin just tweeted (last sentence)
quote:
Congratulations to @KyleBusch and @RCRracing.This is a great opportunity for both parties to team up and win races for years to come. Thank you Kyle for being such a great teammate for the last 15 years. Good luck on the next chapter of your career. The timing could not be better
He's going after Reddick.
Posted on 9/13/22 at 12:01 pm to CobraCommander83
quote:
"I can do it. Any Chevrolet IndyCar teams, call me up." Kyle Busch on being able to run the Indianapolis 500 "The only guy that said no was my former boss."
Gotdamn, Kyle.
He's a treasure.
Posted on 9/13/22 at 12:31 pm to SteelerBravesDawg
quote:
He's a treasure.
Can’t stand him one minute and love him the next. Haha!
Posted on 9/13/22 at 12:48 pm to Tigertown in ATL
quote:
Jeremy Clements Racing won its appeal of an L2-level penalty levied by NASCAR officials following the No. 51 Chevrolet’s victory last month at Daytona International Speedway, the National Motorsports Appeals Panel decided Tuesday.
Clements wheeled the vehicle to victory in the Xfinity Series race, but the win was soon determined ineligible to count for the Xfinity Series Playoffs. The No. 51 was found in violation of Sections 14.6.12K&U of the NASCAR Rule Book, which pertains to the intake manifold. Additionally, crew chief Mark Setzer was initially fined $60,000 and the team was assessed the loss of 75 owner points, 75 driver points and 10 playoff points should it still qualify for the postseason.
Those penalties are now wiped clean and Clements’ win will count toward qualifying for the postseason.
Posted on 9/13/22 at 12:51 pm to SteelerBravesDawg
Other NASCAR news, Rick Ware Racing, Jeremy Clements, and the No. 51 Xfinity Series team won their appeal from the Daytona penalties.
ETA: Speedy beat me to it.
ETA: Speedy beat me to it.
This post was edited on 9/13/22 at 12:53 pm
Posted on 9/13/22 at 12:53 pm to SPEEDY
quote:
Additionally, crew chief Mark Setzer was initially fined $60,000
Some of these fines they have been doling out for years are ridiculous. Xfinity teams don't have massive budgets for the most part so $60k is big money to them.
Hell, Carl Long still can't race in Nascar as I recall as he couldn't afford the Nascar fine after his engine was found less than 1 cubic inch too big.
Posted on 9/14/22 at 8:08 am to BuckyCheese
Brandon Jones is heading to Jr's 9 car next year. Everyone is leaving Gibbs.
Does this begin the downfall of the once great empire? I know they'll have Ty and Bell. Truex will retire soon. Denny won't be long after. Right now I don't see anyone worthy of the 19 car once Truex retires.
Does this begin the downfall of the once great empire? I know they'll have Ty and Bell. Truex will retire soon. Denny won't be long after. Right now I don't see anyone worthy of the 19 car once Truex retires.
Posted on 9/14/22 at 9:08 am to MikeHoncho47
Gibbs is gonna need room for some of the KBM’s development drivers still under Toyota contract
Posted on 9/14/22 at 10:22 am to MikeHoncho47
quote:
Does this begin the downfall of the once great empire?
I was thinking this before I saw your post.
Think about Rousch and RCR. Both used to be dominant.
Posted on 9/14/22 at 10:42 am to CobraCommander83
quote:
The timing could not be better
Thats a reference to RCR tweeting "the timing could not be worse" when Reddick to 23XI was announced
Posted on 9/14/22 at 10:43 am to MikeHoncho47
quote:
Brandon Jones is heading to Jr's 9 car next year.
quote:
Does this begin the downfall of the once great empire?
Brandon Jones sucks
Posted on 9/14/22 at 10:57 am to TrussvilleTide
I don't disagree
I'm saying they really don't have anyone worthy of the 19 by end of 2023. When Truex is gone they don't have a surefire replacement.
I'm saying they really don't have anyone worthy of the 19 by end of 2023. When Truex is gone they don't have a surefire replacement.
Posted on 9/14/22 at 11:40 am to TrussvilleTide
quote:
Brandon Jones sucks
True, but they will probably lose the Menards sponsorship that has been on that car.
Posted on 9/14/22 at 11:54 am to Roll Tide Ravens
Fast forward to the end of 2023.
11 - Hamlin
18 - Gibbs
20 - Bell
Who would you give the 19 too? Jones may have been that guy by default. Here are the current Cup drivers who MAY be worthy of that 19 ride that don't already have commitments beyond 2023.
Alex Bowman
Corey Lajoie
That's it. Do you give John Hunter Nemechek the 19? No other Cup drivers beyond those guys are worthy. And calling those two worthy is a stretch.
Gibbs is in a difficult spot. Just because more than likely they'll have to pony up to steal someone, or rush a younger driver up before they're ready.
11 - Hamlin
18 - Gibbs
20 - Bell
Who would you give the 19 too? Jones may have been that guy by default. Here are the current Cup drivers who MAY be worthy of that 19 ride that don't already have commitments beyond 2023.
Alex Bowman
Corey Lajoie
That's it. Do you give John Hunter Nemechek the 19? No other Cup drivers beyond those guys are worthy. And calling those two worthy is a stretch.
Gibbs is in a difficult spot. Just because more than likely they'll have to pony up to steal someone, or rush a younger driver up before they're ready.
Posted on 9/14/22 at 11:56 am to MikeHoncho47
I would love to see how Lajoie would do in good equipment
Posted on 9/14/22 at 12:00 pm to WhoDat9090
I think we all would. Tracks where the driver makes the difference, he typically runs better than that 7 car is capable of. I thought Lajoie had a shot at the 42 before they hired Gragson.
Popular
Back to top


1





