re: .

Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:03 pm to
Posted by IceTiger
Really hot place
Member since Oct 2007
26584 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:03 pm to
quote:

. At worst I think we will be able to technologically innovate to the point to eventually negate climate change

Here's the point the chicken littles don't get...
If we can change the climate, then we can change the climate...so it doesn't matter.
Posted by Gus007
TN
Member since Jul 2018
11975 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:05 pm to
quote:

Science has been able to affect weather for 50+ years.

If they are affecting it why can't they predict it?
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108185 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:06 pm to
quote:

Yes, clearly we’re talking about that climate change.

Well, your subject is false then. It’s clearly occurring and you have to be stupid to deny it. I also think you have to be stupid to believe in the Al Gote “The Day After Tomorrow” bullshite. My father has always had a quote in that nothing is as good or as bad as you think it is, which is certainly mostly true in this country. I’m concerned about climate change, but I think AI is just ignored to a ridiculous degree. Just think about how society interacts now compared to 20 years ago. It’s a no brainer on what to be more concerned about.
Posted by Wtxtiger
Gonzales la
Member since Feb 2011
7257 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:07 pm to
When I was in high school, my Environmental Science teacher told me the ozone layer was gone due to Arrid extra dry and an ice age was coming in the next 50 years.
Now my son is being taught that the world is too hot.
Liberals are stupid
Posted by texag7
College Station
Member since Apr 2014
37514 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:13 pm to
every time AOC speaks of climate change I burn a tire
Posted by DallasTiger11
Los Angeles
Member since Mar 2004
11808 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:15 pm to
quote:

Meanwhile there is an actual conscious force that is certainly going to arrive in our lifetimes

You’ve been watching too many movies.
Posted by Undertow
Member since Sep 2016
7315 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:17 pm to
I just wish I could watch a nature show without it turning into a climate change infomercial.
Posted by Lima Whiskey
Member since Apr 2013
19194 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:18 pm to
Maybe it’s just me, but Skynet seems like a more credible threat to our future than climate change.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108185 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:20 pm to
quote:

You’ve been watching too many movies.

If you don’t think Singularity isn’t coming within your lifetime (if you’re in your 30s like me), you are just ignorant. It’s going to happen.
Posted by mizzoubuckeyeiowa
Member since Nov 2015
35474 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:26 pm to
quote:

And muh global warming is a joke cause it's still freezing in SoCal

The lowest temperatures for Los Angeles have basically been between 35-45 for 100 years.

That's the entire flucuation. And the last 10 years, the lowest temps have been between 35-40...lower than the 20th century.
Posted by Dale51
Member since Oct 2016
32378 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:30 pm to
quote:

However you'd have to be a retarded sniveling weasel to say it's not real.

You're confused. No one is saying that the climate doesn't change, they're pointing out that the dire predictions are not real or based in historical fact. The temperature rising 0.8 degrees on 100 years, is nothing. Period.
Posted by EmmitDrallid
Member since Mar 2019
193 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:31 pm to
100% right. Totally made up. The first "research" had "79 anonymous scientists" and 97% of them agreed... It was all about Global cooling in the 70s then they changed it to Golbal Warming... THEN>... the US Geological Society, not in on the ruse, released their own study showing earth's average temp had gone down, so they quickly rebranded it to "Climate Change"... That's spring summer winter and fall... And if you want to learn some wild crap... Google "Climate Modification Patents" by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and many others... Then look at what DARPA is doing with weather modification... Then if you don't believe what's going on... go back to sleep
Posted by SOKAL
Member since May 2018
4124 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 7:35 pm to
We have been having a lot of weather lately
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/26/23 at 4:17 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/26/23 at 4:17 pm
Posted by LakeCharles
USA
Member since Oct 2016
5053 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 8:29 pm to
quote:

We caused some warming by depleting the ozone layer. Then we fixed it and all is well.

...and that is another bull shite environmental story too. The first time we had instruments capable of looking at the ozone layer - we found there was thinning at the poles. Most likely thinning at the poles is the natural state for ozone in the atmosphere of a rotating body, but never let a crisis go to waste - even if you have to make one. DuPont was just about to have their patent expire on the chlorofluorocarbon known as Freon and paid to have a study done to show it was chlorofluorocarbons that caused the thinning so it could be banned and the world would be forced to use DuPont's new refrigerant - the new one with many years left on it's patent. One of the problems is that chlorofluorocarbons come in many different flavors - many were used as solvents in industry, cleaning agents (laundry dry cleaning, manufacturing, electronics), and were used as a safe, non-flammable propellant in aerosol cans. These were banned too. The thing is that the chlorofluorocarbons had such wide application and had been used for so many years, and in such huge quantities - there would have been no ozone in the upper atmosphere if the theory used to ban them were actually true. The truth is that the chlorofluorocarbons stay much lower in the atmosphere and decompose in the sun light.
Posted by Bass Tiger
Member since Oct 2014
46023 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 8:35 pm to
quote:

real by Seldom Seen We should already be dead by now. In my high school class in 1995 my environmental science teacher told us we only have 20 years to live because of Global Warming. Now 24 years later here we still all are.

Actually we should be in the beginnings of a new ice age according to climatologist/scientists from the 1970’s. It has been a cold winter in KC but nothing I haven’t seen before.
Posted by LakeCharles
USA
Member since Oct 2016
5053 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 9:05 pm to
quote:

Well they were wrong and dumb. Ask anyone that lives in the mountains if the weather is not different from their childhoods. It’s observable

I used to live in South Dakota. Every Spring, I would find rocks in my yard when I mowed. They were dropped in that part of South Dakota by a glacier that melted somewhere around 10,000 years ago. If I would have dug down 20 feet or so, I would have found limestone with fossils of semi-tropical plants. If you look at historical temperatures for the last million or so years - you will see that the earth is still warming from the little ice age that caused the glacier that left the rocks in my yard.
Posted by Dale51
Member since Oct 2016
32378 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 9:58 pm to
quote:

Ask anyone that lives in the mountains if the weather is not different from their childhoods. It’s observable,

....and meaningless. 20-30 years is nothing in geological time and climate cycles.
Posted by DallasTiger11
Los Angeles
Member since Mar 2004
11808 posts
Posted on 3/11/19 at 10:14 pm to
quote:

If you don’t think Singularity isn’t coming within your lifetime (if you’re in your 30s like me), you are just ignorant. It’s going to happen.

Everyone always overestimates the power and speed of technology adaption especially futurists and techies. We still aren’t even close to adoption of the self driving car. I agree AI will do some crazy things to society though and is much more important than climate change long term.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram