Started By
re: .

Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:25 pm to
Posted by Brosef Stalin
Member since Dec 2011
39275 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:25 pm to
XFL is basically high school level football. Trump won't stoop so low as to invite their champ.
Posted by jpbTiger
Tampa FL
Member since Dec 2007
4982 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:28 pm to
quote:

Vince’s wife. Small business administrator for Trump.

Got it, thanks. That's interesting.....
Posted by GatorReb
Dallas GA
Member since Feb 2009
9282 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:30 pm to
Biggest would be for Golden State to sweep the Cavs then state that the entire team would love to visit the Whitehouse.

I’m sure they won’t. But would be awesome.
Posted by Kino74
Denham springs
Member since Nov 2013
5346 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:35 pm to
quote:

Xfl champs also decline to visit the White House 

Vince McMahon would burn them to the ground. He does not tolerate outright disrespect. Vince is very pro American and Trump is his friend. It would go extremely bad for any member of his organization to do that.
Posted by Westworld
SEC Country
Member since Mar 2018
638 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:38 pm to
[NFL]
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:39 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 6:57 am
Posted by Corch Urban Myers
Columbus, OH
Member since Jul 2009
5993 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:40 pm to

quote:

Xfl champs also decline to visit the White House

Vince would never allow that to happen
Posted by Ralph_Wiggum
Sugarland
Member since Jul 2005
10679 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:44 pm to
My guess is that Trump will promote the XFL heavily since Vince is his buddy and he failed at the USFL.
Posted by Corch Urban Myers
Columbus, OH
Member since Jul 2009
5993 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 7:49 pm to
quote:

My guess is that Trump will promote the XFL heavily since Vince is his buddy and he failed at the USFL.

For a retard, you're not half bad at your guessing.
Posted by celltech1981
Member since Jul 2014
8139 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 8:06 pm to
kind of dumb that he uninvited them. not one of them knelt for the national anthem.
Posted by UPT
NOLA
Member since May 2009
5513 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 8:09 pm to
This board is the only place that I’ve ever seen the new XFL mentioned. Anyone who thinks it will be any real competition to the NFL is completely delusional.
Posted by indianswim
Plano, TX
Member since Jan 2010
18821 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 9:36 pm to
I’m on the record for saying it’s not competition. It’s an alternative outside of the NFL season. The talent pool will be worse, no doubt.

However, many of the original XFL players made an impact in the NFL later. Look at Tommy Maddox and Rod Smart. Vince learned some valuable lessons in the first run and will do better this time. I’m rooting for it.
Posted by Tiger Prawn
Member since Dec 2016
21968 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 10:25 pm to
That pic Vince’s grandkids are holding
This post was edited on 6/5/18 at 10:26 pm
Posted by Tiger Prawn
Member since Dec 2016
21968 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 10:32 pm to
quote:

kind of dumb that he uninvited them. not one of them knelt for the national anthem.

From ESPN

quote:

According to Sanders, the Eagles notified the White House on Thursday that 81 people would attend the event, which was scheduled for Tuesday. A group of 1,000 Eagles fans also were scheduled to be a part of the ceremony.

But late Friday, the Eagles attempted to reschedule the event, according to Sanders, though it had already been announced that Trump would be traveling overseas on the team's proposed dates.

"The White House, despite sensing a lack of good faith, nonetheless attempted to work with the Eagles over the weekend to change the event format that could accommodate a smaller group of players," Sanders' statement said. "Unfortunately, the Eagles offered to send only a tiny handful of representatives, while making clear that the great majority of players would not attend the event, despite planning to be in D.C. today. In other words, the vast majority of the Eagles team decided to abandon their fans."

If the team told the WH last week that over 80 players and team personnel were attending, then a few days later that number dropped from 80 to around 10, then I can see why Trump cancelled it. They may not have had anthem kneelers, but the Eagles have more than their fair share of SJW’s and anti-Trumpers. Seems to me like the 70 or so who backed out last minute from going were doing so in an attempt to make Trump look foolish when he was hosting an event to honor the Eagles and then none of them show up.
Posted by NoSaint
Member since Jun 2011
11308 posts
Posted on 6/5/18 at 10:47 pm to
quote:

However, many of the original XFL players made an impact in the NFL later. Look at Tommy Maddox and Rod Smart.

Help us out and post smarts stats
Posted by chalmetteowl
Chalmette
Member since Jan 2008
47823 posts
Posted on 6/6/18 at 12:25 am to
Then the whole tradition would become a joke... Might as well invite the U10 D.C. soccer champions
Posted by Lutcher Lad
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
Member since Sep 2009
5793 posts
Posted on 6/6/18 at 6:46 am to
Like I heard last week: If Trump, himself, were to discover the cure for Cancer the haters would cry that he put health care workers out of work.

Where was all this day-in and day-out hatred for the presidency when Obama was sitting in the office? I'm sure he had his haters, too. It just wasn't over the news channels quite as much.
Posted by Jorts R Us
Member since Aug 2013
14860 posts
Posted on 6/6/18 at 7:03 am to

You’re trying too hard.
This post was edited on 6/6/18 at 7:03 am
Posted by tigerpawl
Can't get there from here.
Member since Dec 2003
22366 posts
Posted on 6/6/18 at 7:06 am to
What is "XFL"?
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram