re: .

Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:44 pm to
Posted by Mid Iowa Tiger
Undisclosed Secure Location
Member since Feb 2008
18632 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:44 pm to
quote:

For all of my law enforcement colleagues and the politicians openly criticizing this deputy and calling him a “coward,” have you personally entered an active shooter situation during your career and made the split second decision, alone, to enter a school with only a pistol to confront an active shooter or shooters with rifles?

In a school? No. Have I run to the sound of gun fire out gunned and out manned? Yes. But like any profession there are cowards who don't show up when it counts.
Posted by GeauxxxTigers23
TeamBunt General Manager
Member since Apr 2013
62514 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:45 pm to
quote:

Have I run to the sound of gun fire out gunned and out manned?
Army I presume?
Posted by MrCarton
Paradise Valley, MT
Member since Dec 2009
20231 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:46 pm to
quote:

Well, its a pretty damn good excuse when the guy who is resisting arrest and has a rap sheet longer than my arm is reaching around his waist band...

The only excuse for lethal force is legitimate self defense of life limb or eyesight. "I'm a fricking pussy and maybe this guy might be a threat at some point" isn't a reason to use lethal force.
Posted by Kino74
Denham springs
Member since Nov 2013
5343 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:46 pm to
quote:

have you personally entered an active shooter situation during your career and made the split second decision, alone, to enter a school with only a pistol to confront an active shooter or shooters with rifles?

You are paid to do your duty. It doesn't matter if you're tired, sick or having a what off day. You are paid to do your duty regardless of the circumstances. It comes with wearing a uniform and being a sworn professional.

quote:

I have family and friends to go home to.

So did kids and staff that were murdered.

Right now there is a movie called The 15:17 Paris where 3 unarmed American servicemembers risked their lives and were wounded against a crazed pyscho with a fully automatic rifle. I know who I'd want out there protecting Americans.
Posted by stelly1025
Lafayette
Member since May 2012
8509 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:47 pm to
That is bullshite, if shots are being fired and you are armed police officer and stand there and do nothing you are a coward plain and simple. If an active shooter is on a campus you do what is necessary to return fire and neutralize the threat. frick that guy for dismissing a cowardly act and I don't give a shite if the officer only makes $40,000 a year supposedly. You have innocent children being shot and bullets are flying and they are left unprotected where an LEO has training, tactical experience, and a weapon and trying to justify him sitting there taking no action makes him a bigger piece of shite.
Posted by Kriegschwein
Alemania
Member since Feb 2015
855 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:47 pm to
I’ve been attacked by a numerically superior enemy force.

Didn’t end well for them. 120mm mortar is a mf when the extent of your body armor is man jams.

Just sayin.
This post was edited on 2/26/18 at 6:48 pm
Posted by northshorebamaman
Cochise County AZ
Member since Jul 2009
35478 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:48 pm to
quote:

I have family and friends to go home to. Cops are like you; they are just people. We make mistakes every day, but we also take more risks than most of you choose to on a daily basis, in defense of your safety. How dare the critics assume we are mindless robots, automatically willing to recklessly sacrifice our own lives because we "signed up for it”?

This guy's bitch-assness is off the charts but I've long suspected that a lot of police have this mentality. They look cool in their swat gear though.

Posted by Azkiger
Member since Nov 2016
21562 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:48 pm to
quote:

The only excuse for lethal force is legitimate self defense of life limb or eyesight.

The scenario I outlined fits that bill.
Posted by Maytheporkbewithyou
Member since Aug 2016
12622 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:49 pm to
Well, he is trained for these situations and he was getting paid to defend these kids. What else can you say?

Posted by Plx1776
Member since Oct 2017
16209 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:54 pm to
Bless the heart of that chickenshit cop.

What's the point of having a cop posted at that school, if all he was going to do was piss his pants and stay outside, while kids were dying?

Did the police inform the school beforehand that, in the event of a shooting, the cop would not get involved?
Posted by IceTiger
Really hot place
Member since Oct 2007
26584 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:55 pm to
If he wasn't a coward why was he suspended?
Posted by Kriegschwein
Alemania
Member since Feb 2015
855 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:56 pm to
Well, look at who the Sherriff is.

He’s trying to deflect as much as possible.
Posted by tjv305
Member since May 2015
12511 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 6:59 pm to
If cops didn’t have to be so PC now days then they would have went in to save those kids. Instead of getting great shooters in good shape they hire college grades who are smooth talkers . The agencies have to worry about getting sued and the cops worry about losing their job . Plus now you have Sheriffs that are politicians and not real cops . We need more sheriffs like Grady Judd in Polk county Florida.
Posted by Scoop
RIP Scoop
Member since Sep 2005
44583 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:01 pm to
Let us not forget that the Deputy in question made $100+ last year. That money was paid by taxpayers for him to protect these kids.
Posted by ChunkyLover54
Member since Apr 2015
6529 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:03 pm to
quote:

How dare the critics assume we are mindless robots, automatically willing to recklessly sacrifice our own lives because we "signed up for it”?

Cool. Can we have salesman appreciation days and parades as well? If bravery and sacrifice are no longer differentiaters for cops it’s not a great look
This post was edited on 2/26/18 at 7:06 pm
Posted by Jeff Boomhauer
Arlen, TX
Member since Jun 2016
3552 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:04 pm to
Yes, his job is to risk his life to protect citizens. That’s what WE pay him to do. It’s not optional
Posted by MrCarton
Paradise Valley, MT
Member since Dec 2009
20231 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:04 pm to
quote:

What's the point of having a cop posted at that school, if all he was going to do was piss his pants and stay outside, while kids were dying?

People keep ask this like this outcome is surprising in any way. News flash to America: COPS DO NOT SAVE LIVES in these scenarios.
Posted by gthog61
Irving, TX
Member since Nov 2009
71001 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:06 pm to
Leftist gutter trash have an excuse for everything.

Their bullshite leniency backed by incompetence caused this and they will do or say anything to paper it over.
Posted by Barneyrb
NELA
Member since May 2016
5095 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:11 pm to
What part of "To Protect and Serve" did the deputy accomplish at the school during the shooting? To me none of the above
Posted by northshorebamaman
Cochise County AZ
Member since Jul 2009
35478 posts
Posted on 2/26/18 at 7:14 pm to
quote:

What part of "To Protect and Serve" did the deputy accomplish at the school during the shooting? To me none of the above

That went out the window 30 years ago. The new motto is "Just get home to your family".
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 5Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram