Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:46 am to
Posted by CarolinaGamecock99
Member since Apr 2015
22039 posts
The story is front page on CNN. There was clearly some management who approved it
Posted by stuntman
Florida
Member since Jan 2013
9142 posts

Holy hell, I love these interwebz.
Posted by Wortivi22
Land of Mini Vans
Member since Dec 2007
855 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:47 am to
One of the best tweets I've seen so far on this was "CNN tracks a 15 year old meme maker down in a few days but can't prove Russia conspiracy in over a year"
Posted by bonhoeffer45
Member since Jul 2016
4367 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:49 am to
quote:

The story is front page on CNN. There was clearly some management who approved it

And?

So you then commit the same acts you just condemned them for against people you are not even sure were involved in the action in question anyway?

And to be clear, CNN has not actually released the info. But 4chan seemingly is doing just that? As I have read it, CNN, in pursuit of the source of the GIF, found posts where the person who originated it advocated and supported violence against muslims and black people, confronted him, he made a public apology and said he regretted his actions, and CNN said they will not release his info.

This post was edited on 7/5/17 at 1:53 am
Posted by beerJeep
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2016
35320 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:50 am to
Best gif I've seen so far is the curbstomp scene in American history x, cnn being curbstomped by trump
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:51 am to
We get it, you see it as hypocrisy. Point made. No one cares
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111802 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:52 am to
Doxxing is bad.
Doxxing is the natural result of threatening to doxx a random Redditor who made a gif you didn't like.
If there's any part of this that's hard for you to understand, point out the tough part and someone will further explain it for you.
Posted by Rakim
Member since Nov 2015
9954 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:53 am to

?@JackPosobiec ?

quote:

?I can confirm Reddit user HanAHoloSolo is 15 and is an LGBT Trump supporter?

quote:

He's not black, but not white either.
Posted by bonhoeffer45
Member since Jul 2016
4367 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:54 am to
quote:

Doxxing is bad.
Doxxing is the natural result of threatening to doxx a random Redditor who made a gif you didn't like.
If there's any part of this that's hard for you to understand, point out the tough part and someone will further explain it for you.

Its the part where people say doxxing is bad and then revel in 4chan actually committing it fully against people that are in all likelihood unaffiliated with the piece in question.

If that is you, by all means.
Posted by bencoleman
RIP 7/19
Member since Feb 2009
37887 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:55 am to
That shite is hilarious. Liberal assholery.
Posted by bencoleman
RIP 7/19
Member since Feb 2009
37887 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:55 am to
That shite is hilarious. Liberal assholery.
Posted by MrLarson
Member since Oct 2014
34984 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:56 am to
Sessions

Bring the DOJ down on CNN

Posted by rocket31
Member since Jan 2008
41819 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:57 am to
i hope some big name lawyers help this kid. CNN deserves a large civil suit

blackmail over a silly fn gif?

disgusting
Posted by Contra
Member since Oct 2016
7524 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:58 am to
Just remember these people tracked down Shia Labeouf staying in a cabin in the middle of fricking nowhere Finland

God I miss that trolling Shia Labeouf hewillnotdivdeus stream. 4chan is like 5-0 or 6-0 vs. Labeouf
Posted by beerJeep
Louisiana
Member since Nov 2016
35320 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 1:59 am to
ShitNN is getting raked over the coals right now on Twitter. And they just keep on tweeting. Whomever is running their Twitter may need to be checked on in the AM.
Posted by corneredbeast
Member since Sep 2008
2164 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 2:01 am to
quote:

And? So you then commit the same acts you just condemned them for against people you are not even sure were involved in the action in question anyway? And to be clear, CNN has not actually released the info. But 4chan seemingly is doing just that? As I have read it, CNN, in pursuit of the source of the GIF, found posts where the person who originated it advocated and supported violence against muslims and black people, confronted him, he made a public apology and said he regretted his actions, and CNN said they will not release his info.

We know, you're butt hurt over this, but here's a real world explanation: You mess with a bull, you get the horns; at that very moment in time, there is no right or wrong, only a very stupid decision that you made.
Posted by Texas Weazel
Louisiana is a shithole
Member since Oct 2016
8575 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 2:01 am to
quote:

His family needs to say to heck with anonymity and sue them for invasion of privacy, harassment, etc.

I'm all for calling out CNN for obsessing over some gif, but a lawsuit?? He and his family wouldn't have a case.
Posted by rocket31
Member since Jan 2008
41819 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 2:02 am to
quote:

He and his family wouldn't have a case.

um, blackmail is illegal
Posted by Rakim
Member since Nov 2015
9954 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 2:03 am to
quote:

Its the part where people say doxxing is bad and then revel in 4chan actually committing it fully against people that are in all likelihood unaffiliated with the piece in question.

Those people at 4chan are pretty nuts and so if you're going to threaten to out one of their own then be prepared to get hit back. I don't really approve of the tactic but I'm not surprised either. And yet, the real story here is CNN crossing the line and losing whatever credibility they still had as a news agency.
Posted by Rakim
Member since Nov 2015
9954 posts
Posted on 7/5/17 at 2:04 am to
quote:

I'm all for calling out CNN for obsessing over some gif, but a lawsuit?? He and his family wouldn't have a case.

Let's put it this way. I'll bet you CNN settles this out of court and issues an apology to the kid.
Jump to page
Page First 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 10Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram