re: .

Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:00 pm to
Posted by petar
Miami
Member since May 2009
5989 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:00 pm to
quote:

You really think some new law would keep people who want to kill dozens of people from doing so?

No not at all

But i don't think its completely outrageous that someone is trying to.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:01 pm to
quote:

Is there a substantial government interest?

in safety? frick yes. The happier and safer we are, the less their arse is in the frying pan, but that's the old school way of believing that politicians are public servants, not our dear leader/overlords

quote:

Is this the least restrictive way to accomplish this goal?
If you take them at their word, that it is about safety...yes. BTW, the assaults weapon ban does NOTHING to accomplish the goal of safety.

Can we just all admit that gun control legislation has precisely dick to do with public safety? C'mon!
Posted by Kino74
Denham springs
Member since Nov 2013
5343 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:01 pm to
Control is the name of the game. The OP left out hunting. Hunting is always pushed as the reason to own a gun as they have total control. Think about it. In hunting the government tells you when, where and how much you can hunt and even the caliber and type of firearm plus you need a license. Gun control advocates just applying that to rest of guns and people are foolish enough to believe them.
Posted by lsu13lsu
Member since Jan 2008
11476 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:02 pm to
I would also like to add to your list: The majority of the country wants gun control legislation. If you compare the survey results versus gun control legislation people want it is different. Also, the majority of Americans do not even know what gun control laws are on the books to begin with. So, how can they take a survey saying they want stronger laws?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:02 pm to
quote:

Dont you think people are trying to solve these issues as well?

No.
Posted by petar
Miami
Member since May 2009
5989 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:03 pm to
quote:

Fox Mulder

Im just telling you how the system works. and why there isn't a philosophical reason for fairness in this regard. And why handguns are harder to get outlawed than assault rifles.
Posted by monsterballads
Make LSU Great Again
Member since Jun 2013
29266 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:04 pm to

quote:

gun crime is down 50% over the last 20 years, and chicago is STILL a cesspool of crime in the city.
Posted by petar
Miami
Member since May 2009
5989 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:04 pm to
quote:

quote:
No.

Oh so you are just pissed that people are trying to ban assault rifles for no apparent reason?
Posted by davesdawgs
Georgia - Class of '75
Member since Oct 2008
20307 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:05 pm to
quote:

Why do Gun Control Advocates Intentionally Mislead the Public?

Because they are liberal progressives and they know better than the ignorant masses the progressive path. Like Obamacare, they have to fool the public into supporting something that is not in the best interest of the nation as a republic. They basically want a liberal dictatorship. They will morn the loss of Obama who was their ideal liberal progressive candidate/President.
Posted by lsu13lsu
Member since Jan 2008
11476 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:05 pm to
quote:

Oh so you are just pissed that people are trying to ban assault rifles for no apparent reason?

There is a reason they are trying to ban them. Because the ignorant masses believe their bad buzzwords about them. It is opportunity. Once they are banned and crime rates stay the same or increase they can chip away at the next big bad gun buzzword.
Posted by petar
Miami
Member since May 2009
5989 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:08 pm to
quote:

Once they are banned

They are banned and have been banned for years now if im not mistaken..

Didnt Clinton do this around columbine?
Posted by ReauxlTide222
St. Petersburg
Member since Nov 2010
83457 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:10 pm to
quote:

The majority of the country wants gun control legislation

This scares the shite out of me. I'd bet my life that more than 50% of these people have literally NO clue about any part of this debate, issue, or subject. It blows my mind how people form such strong opinions on things this important without knowing at least something about it.

And who the shite blindly trusts the government on issues like this?????? frick
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:14 pm to
I'm not pissed. I'm inquisitive. I do not own a rifle. My .45 is legal even in New Jersey. This is just 1 in a litany of things, that promote the idea, within my own mind (I can't speak for others), that there is perhaps something more sinister behind it

These laws, regardless of what side you're on, at the minimum skirt the line of being unconstitutional. So why are you not concerned about congress taking away rights, when by your own admission, these laws do NOTHING to promote public safety or prevent the violence they're aimed at preventing? NTM, these laws just give way to allowing other laws to pass. That's when they'll get the handguns.

I probably should be pissed now that you mention it.

Posted by ReauxlTide222
St. Petersburg
Member since Nov 2010
83457 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:18 pm to
quote:

There is a reason they are trying to ban them. Because the ignorant masses believe their bad buzzwords about them. It is opportunity. Once they are banned and crime rates stay the same or increase they can chip away at the next big bad gun buzzword.

This might be off topic, but I believe they go after stuff like gun control and the Redskins thing and environment shite and stuff like that because their followers get to sit back on their couches with their computers and share in a feeling of real accomplishment. When in fact, not a god damn thing was accomplished.

With social media nowadays it's really easy to feel like you're a part of some great movement and whatnot. And if anybody likes to feel all warm and fuzzy inside it's liberals. I think all these democrat missions are just to keep the base as energetic as possible.
Posted by wickowick
Head of Island
Member since Dec 2006
45802 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:28 pm to
quote:

Hmmm... What do you think is banned and what do you think is legal. From the federal laws, state law is an entirely different set of laws that we need not get into at this time...
Posted by RCDfan1950
United States
Member since Feb 2007
34891 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:39 pm to
quote:

The majority of the country wants gun control legislation.

So...whoopee! If an ignorant/misguided/selfish majority of the country thinks some of us should work while they get a Government check in the mail...that means we just go along with it?

Good grief! A majority means nothing irl, when the folks who hold moral or existential power believe that their rights come from God...and not a bunch of stupid yahoos lead by high-minded, narcissistic demagogues. Like good folk are going to just lay down and take it up the lower unit.

Screw the majority! Most of em' suck!

When every single individual who demands subsidization from the collective treasury...AGREES to work - in whatever way, shape or form able - that they will put in the same amount of hours that those who they make demands on do...then I will be ready to cut a deal. I won't need to hold my breath...because that day won't come.

Posted by wickowick
Head of Island
Member since Dec 2006
45802 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 2:44 pm to

This post was edited on 6/18/14 at 2:46 pm
Posted by DonChowder
Sonoma County
Member since Dec 2012
9249 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 3:36 pm to
Both of those graphs make me smile.
Posted by monsterballads
Make LSU Great Again
Member since Jun 2013
29266 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 4:07 pm to
quote:

whats banned?

you know, it's funny that you bring up columbine which occured in 1999. 5 years after the gun ban went into affect.

wrap your head around that one.

guess they must have missed the "gun free zone" sign?
Posted by lsu13lsu
Member since Jan 2008
11476 posts
Posted on 6/18/14 at 4:26 pm to
quote:

you know, it's funny that you bring up columbine which occured in 1999. 5 years after the gun ban went into affect.

wrap your head around that one.

Yet, petar will happily give their opinion on what gun laws should be while not knowing what they even are.

first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram