re: .

Posted on 11/22/17 at 6:56 pm to
Posted by QuietTiger
New Orleans
Member since Dec 2003
26256 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 6:56 pm to
quote:

Does it make me a bad Christian to read this book?

Hell no, know thy enemies!
Posted by dawgsjw
Member since Dec 2012
2114 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 6:57 pm to
Why would it be wrong? Both believe in the Abrahamic religion. The bible says some fricked up shite as well, about how to properly beat your slave, when it is time to stone your child in the town square, that women should cover their heads and that women shouldn't speak in church (which I would assume that they can't be preachers either, lol), etc.

So yes, why would it be so wrong again?
Posted by TheIndulger
Member since Sep 2011
19239 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 6:59 pm to
quote:

tao te ching

+1

This will give you a better philosophical perspective than reading another book about the same god
Posted by bhtigerfan
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2008
29470 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:01 pm to
No. Only wrong if you believe that bullshite and succumb to the cult of Islam.
Posted by CaptainBrannigan
Good Ole Rocky Top Tennessee
Member since Jan 2010
21644 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:02 pm to
quote:

Does it make me a bad Christian to read this book?

Considering Jesus is mentioned in the Qur'an and it is the same God you worship, what is wrong with it?
Posted by airfernando
Member since Oct 2015
15248 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:21 pm to
quote:

Challenging your own faith is one of the best ways to reaffirm it.

Christian faith isn't something to challenge or affirm. That is inherently contradictory of Jesus. I doubt Jesus ever read Baal scripture.

It's a slap in the face to Jesus for a Christian to read satanic anything. He bought us at a painful cost. Avoid the Koran.
Posted by dawgsjw
Member since Dec 2012
2114 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:26 pm to
quote:

Considering Jesus is mentioned in the Qur'an and it is the same God you worship, what is wrong with it?
Don't forget the part where the bible speaks of women covering their heads as well, or the part where women can't speak in the church and are only here on Earth to serve men.

------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 11:9

8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man. 9Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

1 Corinthians 11:6

King James Bible
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

for the lay:

For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

1 Corinthians 14:34

33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they wish to inquire about something, they are to ask their own husbands at home; for it is dishonorable for a woman to speak in the church.

------------------------

I wish the preachers would preach out of 1 Corinthians more often. Amirite men??

to religion
This post was edited on 11/22/17 at 7:28 pm
Posted by TigerCoon
Member since Nov 2005
18861 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:29 pm to
if you don't ululate at the end, you're good.
Posted by Marfa
Esplanade
Member since Sep 2016
1434 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:31 pm to
Read the Bardo Thodol instead
Posted by Geauxnoose
Member since Dec 2015
538 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:34 pm to
Go for it!
Posted by Jcorye1
Tom Brady = GoAT
Member since Dec 2007
71403 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:36 pm to
Why would there be something wrong with that? I'd assumed God would want you to rationally observe religions and pick the right one for you.
Posted by TigerTalker16
Columbia,MO
Member since Apr 2015
11533 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:37 pm to
My grandfather is a retired genetics professor with 2 PhDs. He has been studying religion the last 5 years for something to do and he's also hoping to convert to some forum of religion for the first time in his life. He told me that out of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, Islam was the only one that didn't sound like complete bullshite.

He's an old white guy FWIW
This post was edited on 11/22/17 at 7:38 pm
Posted by AA77
Member since Jan 2016
3796 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:40 pm to
Real men don't read.
Posted by Jake88
Member since Apr 2005
68244 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:42 pm to
quote:

Well, Christianity is just as much of a made up religion as Islam, so have at it.
There is always one clown with this response in every thread like this. Probably was giddy as he typed his enlightenment to share with others.
This post was edited on 11/22/17 at 7:44 pm
Posted by LakeViewLSU
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2009
17730 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:48 pm to
quote:

He told me that out of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, Islam was the only one that didn't sound like complete bullshite.

People usually gravitate towards things that fit their desires and agenda. It is human nature.
Posted by mark65mc
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2007
11281 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:58 pm to

They contain the same stories because the Arabs do come through Abraham but they worship a different god. They are a Saturn cult (Satan). See Black Cube in Mecca.

quote:

CAIN AND ABELThe story of Cain and Abel appears in Genesis 4:1-16 in the Bible and in verses 27-31 of Surah 5: Al Ma’idah (The Repast) in the Qur’an. Cain and Abel Biblical version Cain and Abel are the sons of Adam and Eve. Abel keeps the flocks whilst Cain works the soil. Cain gathers together some of the fruits of the soil and makes an offering to God. Abel gets some of the fat portions of his flock and also makes an offering to God. God accepts Abel’s offering but not Cain’s. Cain becomes angry at this. God asks him why he’s angry, and then chides Cain, saying that if he does good God will accept him. Later on, Cain takes Abel to a field and kills him. God asks Cain where Abel has gone, and then realises what has happened. God curses Cain in punishment, saying that he will never be able to grow crops again, and exiles him to the land of Nod, east of Eden. Cain cries out to God, saying that the punishment is too great and that someone will probably kill him. God reassures Cain that if anyone kills him then he shall be punished, and he marks Cain as a warning to any possible killers. Cain then has a son, Enoch, with his wife.

Cain and Abel (Qabil and Habil) Qur’anic version Cain and Abel are not actually named in the Qur’an and are referred to only as ‘the two sons of Adam’ (they are traditionally called Qabil and Habil). Both men offer a sacrifice to Allah. Allah accepts one sacrifice (presumably Habil’s) but not the other (presumably Qabil’s). Qabil is angered and tells Habil that he’ll kill him. Habil rebuffs him, saying that as Allah only accepts the sacrifices of the righteous then there must be something wrong with Qabil. Habil continues by saying that if he is attacked by Qabil then he shall not retaliate, as he fears Allah. Qabil then kills Habil and becomes one of the ‘lost ones’. Allah then sends down a raven that digs at the ground with it’s claws, reminding Qabil that he didn’t even bother to bury the body of his brother. Qabil then becomes full of regrets for what he has done.
Posted by sportsaddit68
Hammond
Member since Sep 2008
5846 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:58 pm to
After that, read some Buddhist texts. Buddhism is more of a spirituality and not as much a religion. There are many Catholic or Christian Buddhist in the world who seeks Christ through meditation and enlightenment.
Posted by wfallstiger
Wichita Falls, Texas
Member since Jun 2006
11432 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 7:59 pm to
Think I'd be more inclined to read a commentary

Reading Koran doesn't make you a bad Christian
This post was edited on 11/22/17 at 8:01 pm
Posted by pigpickin
Member since Oct 2014
147 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 8:05 pm to
What exactly is your point with this anecdote?
Posted by lsufanintexas
Member since Sep 2006
5011 posts
Posted on 11/22/17 at 8:10 pm to
I say go for it

Know thy enemy and all that.

There is a holy war going on and most people are oblivious to it. This is coming from someone who is agnostic.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram