re: .

Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:03 am to
Posted by PortCityTiger24
Member since Dec 2006
87455 posts
quote:

Why do lebron fans do this every year?

Even if you are trolling, it plays out this way almost every year. Talk him up as the goat all season, then when he's eliminated they're like "we never said he was the goat...it's the Jordan fanboys"

Lebron has been awesome though.
Posted by lsufball19
Franklin, TN
Member since Sep 2008
64571 posts
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/2/18 at 11:05 am
Posted by TheCaterpillar
Member since Jan 2004
76774 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:11 am to
Lebron is a legendary player.

He's just an enormous tool, so people refuse to root for him. Obviously this is magnified by the modern age of technology and social media, which Jordan didn't have to live with.

Posted by lsupride87
Member since Dec 2007
95063 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:13 am to
quote:

He's just an enormous tool, so people refuse to root for him
It is way more than that.

He was hated well before proving he was a huge douchebag
Posted by TheCaterpillar
Member since Jan 2004
76774 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:16 am to
quote:

I mean, I didn't think he was a tool in high school or early in Cleveland. I was rooting hard for him when he was carrying that incredibly shitastic Cavs team through the playoffs before leaving for Miami.

From "The Decision" onward, he has become just completely unlikable. So much so, my wife who hates basketball, has asked me why he's such a douche bag. His douche baggery transcends sports and spills over into pop culture. He's becoming Kanye West in my eyes. A person whose talent is unmistakable, but is just impossible to root for.

Member since Dec 2006
87455 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:36 am to
quote:

I honestly loved him his until they lost to Dallas and he just acted like it was no big deal. I had been ignoring the douche factor for years.

He's not a bad guy, he does a lot for the community,and I respect the hell out of his game, but I think he's a tool that is hard to root for.

If I am being objective though, I couldn't imagine how I would react to all of the BS criticism the dude has taken over the years.
Posted by TheCaterpillar
Member since Jan 2004
76774 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:47 am to
quote:

If I am being objective though, I couldn't imagine how I would react to all of the BS criticism the dude has taken over the years.

Also had everyone worshipping him since 10th grade.

Hard to turn out normal in that environment. As much as MJ was deified as a professional, he was never given the attention Lebron had during his developmental years.

Posted by Rep520
Member since Mar 2018
10413 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:51 am to
Most professional athletes are narcissists. I've known pro athletes, and it just comes with the territory and is a matter of degree.

I actually think LeBron appears fairly well adjusted given his life circumstances. How many of us would be grounded, normal people if we'd been internationally famous with tons of money and women throwing themselves at us at 18 years old?
Posted by TheCaterpillar
Member since Jan 2004
76774 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:52 am to
quote:

How many of us would be grounded, normal people if we'd been internationally famous with tons of money and women throwing themselves at us at 18 years old?

shite, this happened when he was 16...

Posted by GreatLakesTiger24
One State Solution
Member since May 2012
55583 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 11:59 am to
quote:

I think people seem to correlate Lebron as a GM to Lebron as a player.
they do, and it's stupid. people are arguing lebron is either the best or top two BASKETBALL PLAYER of all time. On the court performance is all that matters in that discussion.

it's also kind of funny how LeGM only gets negative credit. The three ships mean nothing I guess.
Posted by VADawg
Wherever
Member since Nov 2011
44816 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 12:00 pm to
quote:

On the court performance is all that matters in that discussion.

Finally, someone else agrees
Posted by GreatLakesTiger24
One State Solution
Member since May 2012
55583 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 12:01 pm to
quote:

I think he's a tool that is hard to root for.
I can see this, but I'm curious... how can you not pull for him over the warriors?
Posted by ReauxlTide222
St. Petersburg
Member since Nov 2010
83459 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 12:02 pm to
quote:

Even if you are trolling, it plays out this way almost every year. Talk him up as the goat all season, then when he's eliminated they're like "we never said he was the goat...it's the Jordan fanboys"

Lebron has been awesome though.
What?
Member since Dec 2006
87455 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 12:17 pm to
quote:

I can see this, but I'm curious... how can you not pull for him over the warriors?

I like Curry. I like KD. I can't think of many players I dislike other than Lebron. As a Rockets fan I use to hate Dirk but he's won me over.
Posted by lsufball19
Franklin, TN
Member since Sep 2008
64571 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 12:23 pm to
quote:

I like KD.

KD has turned into just as big a tool as Lebron since he left OKC
quote:

I can't think of many players I dislike other than Lebron.

Draymond Green? Dude is one of the most easily disliked players in the NBA
Member since Dec 2006
87455 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 12:58 pm to
quote:

Draymond Green? Dude is one of the most easily disliked players in the NBA

He's annoying on the court, but I don't dislike him. I am sure that will change next round. He doesn't come across as an arrogant douche. I don't think KD does either. I think most fans look for reasons not to like someone. I only dislike Lebron because he's just so douchey. I am sure there are some others but I can't think of many.
Posted by lsufball19
Franklin, TN
Member since Sep 2008
64571 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 1:04 pm to
quote:

He doesn't come across as an arrogant douche.

You don't have to be arrogant to be a douche. He is arguably the dirtiest player in the NBA, and that is the reason he is widely disliked. Hell, there are two threads on the front page about how much Draymond is hated
quote:

I don't think KD does either.

You don't think KD has come across as a douche? Have you listened to some of the things he's said the past couple of seasons? His social media activity alone has been plenty douchey
This post was edited on 5/2/18 at 1:14 pm
Posted by ShamelessPel
Metairie
Member since Apr 2013
12720 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 1:18 pm to
Lebron is getting to that age where I better appreciate him now or his career would pass me by for judging him for how insufferable and fake he appears to be. I’ll take the former. It is, however, something I have to consistently force myself to do where cheering for Kobe to be Kobe came naturally late in his career.
Member since Dec 2006
87455 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 1:20 pm to
quote:

You don't have to be arrogant to be a douche. He is arguably the dirtiest player in the NBA, and that is the reason he is widely disliked. Hell, there are two threads on the front page about how much Draymond is hated

Yeah, that stuff doesn't bother me. It will when my team plays them but like I said I don't really hate anyone.

quote:

You don't think KD has come across as a douche? Have you listened to some of the things he's said the past couple of seasons? His social media activity alone has been plenty douchey

None of that makes me "hate" him. I don't hate Lebron, I just dislike him. I still give him his props for being the 2nd best player ever.
Posted by ReauxlTide222
St. Petersburg
Member since Nov 2010
83459 posts
Posted on 5/2/18 at 1:21 pm to
quote:

He doesn't come across as an arrogant douche
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram