Started By
re: .

Posted on 12/16/08 at 11:26 pm to
Posted by geaux1227
baton rouge, louisiana
Member since Sep 2008
2007 posts
Posted on 12/16/08 at 11:26 pm to
considering there were only about 10,000 (?) in the stadium, this years Troy game gets an honorable mention.
Posted by WhoDatTiger
Baton Rouge
Member since Aug 2008
266 posts
Posted on 12/16/08 at 11:28 pm to
I would have to say Florida game last year when the USC score was announced was my favorite/ loudest moment in my four year experience at LSU. The feeling and sense or urgency that captivated that crowd and those teams on the field created an atmosphere that no story telling could bring justice to. Truly a great moment that I'll never forget. Oh yea and we got to watch Tebow cry his way off the lawn of death valley.
Posted by BamaScoop
Panama City Beach, Florida
Member since May 2007
53826 posts
Posted on 12/16/08 at 11:31 pm to
That Rammer Jammer this year was pretty loud.
Posted by geaux1227
baton rouge, louisiana
Member since Sep 2008
2007 posts
Posted on 12/16/08 at 11:58 pm to
quote:

That Rammer Jammer this year was pretty loud.

not as loud as this

i'm glad yall take so much pride in such a classless cheer.
This post was edited on 12/17/08 at 12:00 am
Posted by King Joey
Just south of the DC/US border
Member since Mar 2004
12493 posts
Posted on 12/17/08 at 12:22 am to
quote:

that was amazing espically the neck after when everyone was doing it
It is very difficult for any time when the stadium is doing the neck to be among the top loudest times in Tiger stadium. This has nothing to do with how good or bad the song or the dance are, but rather it is due to the fact that when someone is doing the neck, they cannot be clapping which reduces the total noisemaking ability of each individual doing the neck. Multiply that by several thousand in the student section and a few thousand more around the stadium, and you have a significant reduction in the overall loudness of the stadium.

That's the reason I have never liked the crowd doing the neck in the first place: put those hands to use making some damn noise!

Posted by King Joey
Member since Mar 2004
12493 posts
Posted on 12/17/08 at 12:24 am to
quote:

That game and the Fla. game last year could probably beat the Earthquake game in '88 if they still had the seismograph equipment by the stadium.
Probably not, as neither game had one moment of such momentous tension built up to such a spontaneous release.

And they didn't have the seismograph equipment by the stadium in '88. It was across campus in the Geology building, on the other side of the Union.

Posted by King Joey
Member since Mar 2004
12493 posts
Posted on 12/17/08 at 12:28 am to
quote:

To me one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in Tiger stadium was when the LSU student section of 2003 started the LSU chant after UGA tied the game late in the 4th quarter.
That was one of the most beautiful moments in my history of Tiger Stadium. They popped a 90+ yard screen pass for the tying TD, and the crowd just started the "L-S-U!" chant. They went to TV timeout, and the crowd just got louder. They came back from timeout, and it got even louder. It was simply awesome, and you actually could see the Georgia players creeped out because you know they thought they had just silenced the crowd.

That was a magical, magical moment in Tiger Stadium. I don't think it ever got as loud as the Earthquake Game did for that one instant, but the way it started after the TD and was sustained through the timeout was just flat out awesome!

Posted by AlwysATgr
Member since Apr 2008
16410 posts
Posted on 12/17/08 at 10:38 pm to
First game in TS was LSU-A&M in '70. I think TS is the best venue in all of college football and I intend to do my part to keep it that way. Few comments:
1) I don't see how someone's memory can be so sharp to recall how loud TS was 20 or 30 years ago and then compare it to a game last year.
2) The decibel readings occasionally reported are too random/uncontrolled to invest much stock in them.
3) A practical way of determining "how loud" a stadium is would be to mount audio meters on the four tops of the goal posts. That way each stadium could get a uniform set of plots/readings to compare. It's doable. Since so many of the SEC's stadiums are renown for fans I think the SEC should pioneer the way. Then we could shoe the college football world what loud is all about.
Posted by BaysideBama
Gulf Shores - Alabama's beach
Member since Sep 2008
224 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 9:00 am to
i'm glad yall take so much pride in such a classless cheer.

I cant help it. An LSU fan talking about class. FU Saban, FU TEbow, loud enough to be heard on TV...here have a drink thrown on you Bama fans...Class, you really want to go there? Now thats a good one...ha ha, ha ha hahahahahaha. um, ok, oohh ha hahah ahahahahahhahahahahaha Please, ha ha ha ha,ahem, sorry, snicker snicker. ha ha ha ha as I hide my face.

By the way, it was also pretty quiet after we WON. Except for us of course. 27-21 Baaaabbyyyy, yea. Taking over TS again. Also, I know Paul McDonald from the USC team. he said the stadium was loud, if LSU had had a team to go with it, it might be something special. Said USC played the worst game of his high school or college career but never really worried would they win or not. Charles White ran like a beast that night. LSU still hasnt tackled him. Enough penalties kept LSU in that game. he did conceed it was loud but believed ND was close.
This post was edited on 12/18/08 at 9:06 am
Posted by AlwysATgr
Member since Apr 2008
16410 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 9:36 pm to
quote:

Also, I know Paul McDonald from the USC team. he said the stadium was loud, if LSU had had a team to go with it, it might be something special. Said USC played the worst game of his high school or college career but never really worried would they win or not. Charles White ran like a beast that night. LSU still hasn't tackled him. Enough penalties kept LSU in that game. he did concede it was loud but believed ND was close.

So BaysideBama, not that I care to praise USC but since you brought it up maybe you can refresh our memory on how USC did on 9/23/78 and how loud Legion Field was then?

LINK
Posted by CP3JR25
Louisiana
Member since May 2008
815 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 9:39 pm to
Would have to be Florida last year when they announced USC lost or blocked FG against Alabama
Posted by PiscesTiger
Concrete, WA
Member since Feb 2004
53696 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 9:40 pm to
'95 - Auburn
'96 - Houston
'97 - Auburn
'98 - Georgia
'99 - Arkansas
'00 - Tennessee
'01 - Auburn
'02 - Ole Miss
'03 - Georgia
'04 - Oregon State
'05 - Auburn
'06 - Ole Miss
'07 - Florida
'08 - Alabama
Posted by biglego
Ask your mom where I been
Member since Nov 2007
76270 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 9:50 pm to
quote:

Florida game last year when the USC score was announced.

+1
Posted by LSUKAT
Birmingham, AL.
Member since Dec 2007
1377 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 10:29 pm to
TexTiger:

Thanks for that schedule in 72, I really thought
it was later than that. Were you at the game?
Because it was the most crazy I have ever seen
Tiger Stadium....Brought back good memories.

I also went to the Orange Bowl that year and Penn State beat us...
Posted by gotygers
west St.Tammany
Member since Sep 2007
3016 posts
Posted on 12/18/08 at 10:46 pm to
Most of you are to young to know but the 79 USC ( Southern Cal.)game was the loudest in history
You couldn't hear the anouncers on the radio it was so loud you could not hear them it was incredible!

Posted by lesmiles13
Member since Aug 2008
811 posts
Posted on 12/19/08 at 8:21 am to
Definitly the '07 Florida game when they announced USC lost.
Posted by rbdallas
Dallas, TX
Member since Nov 2007
10340 posts
Posted on 12/19/08 at 8:29 am to
if you are talking about ONE MOMENT, it has to be when it spiked and was read on the Richter scale.

,,,but AS A GAME...1979 LSU-USC.
if you were not there, you just do not know and can not compare...it was the loudest, most energy I have ever seen in TS.....

season ticket holder since '69.

Posted by SeabrookTiger
Seabrook, TX
Member since Dec 2007
1001 posts
Posted on 12/19/08 at 8:45 am to
The 2003 Georgia Game was the loudest I have ever been to. Good lord I thought the UGA fan section was going to lynch the kicker.
Posted by Macavity92
Member since Dec 2004
5981 posts
Posted on 12/19/08 at 9:29 am to
The loudest single moment was the Earthquake Game (88). I was in the student section --- the end zone where the TD was scored --- and the noise was unreal. I think I have hearing loss from that game.

The loudest game start to finish was LSU-UF in 2007. The next closest would be LSU-UGA in 2003 with the Skyler Green catch at the end.
Posted by Macavity92
Member since Dec 2004
5981 posts
Posted on 12/19/08 at 9:37 am to
Bayside Bama,

I have been to several games at Bama. You need to take the log out of your own eye before you worry about the speck in ours.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram