LSU quarterback target Dwayne Haskins who was originally committed to Maryland, announced that he has decommitted from the Terrapins and has given his verbal pledge to Ohio State.


With Haskins onboard with the Buckeyes and LSU target Anthony Russo now committed to Temple, it is unlikely that LSU will sign an elite quarterback to the 2016 class.

One option that LSU could explore would be talented Zachary High School quarterback Lindsey Scott who recently decommitted from Syracuse.

Comments

24 Comments
17 year old logic: "Should I go to a school where I can potentially start and play 3-5 years with stud wideouts and heisman potential running backs OR go to a school with 5 solid quarterbacks... eh, gimme the one with 5 solid quarterbacks."
Reply69 months
Do even stress over that youngster,we have good team already he'll realize it this coming year when LSU be playing in the national championship...Geaux Tigers!!
Reply69 months
kosmo's post gave me aids
Reply69 months
Was he ever even considering LSU? didnt come down for a visit or anything. You guys have got to stop beleiving everything a 16-18 year old kid posts on social media and look at the evidence. He was never coming here.
Meanwhile Scott is in our own back yard, poised to be the next major applewhite at another school.
Reply69 months
Go where they have 6 QB's on the Roster and 5 are going to be either Sophmores or Juniors. You want to know what they have at QB Jones is going to the NFL Draft and he was not even a Starter.
Reply69 months
Drama queen...
Reply69 months
Drama queen...
Reply69 months
Ohio State already had a QB committed and he was a hometown kid that got caught up in the rebuilding of the state school. He left after the coaches that recruiting him were all fired.

Y'all are hammering a 17-18 year old kid because he didn't want to come to your school. Stop showing your ass.
Reply69 months
"if it was his dream, why did he commit to Maryland???"

Because it's a game to many of these kids, 30% have no clue about Commitment or care about what it means, looking for dates with girls and some for hand outs (MONEY). The rest of the 70% have Class and Common Sense. It's that over hyped pampered 30% that needs to learn about Class.
Reply69 months
We can't flip a Temple commit? Damn.
Reply69 months
It's a shame we seem to have lost out on such a talented guy. But he wouldn't be ready for a championship run in the 2016 season - so no harm, no foul. Let's just get another guy next year who can learn behind Harris as a senior. Geaux Tigers!
Reply69 months
He watched Ohio State win the national title last year so no.
Reply69 months
So since 2013, Cam has signed... brandon harris and justin mcmillian?
Reply69 months
Hope he likes watching National title games from home
Reply69 months
I'm guessing this is the reason Maryland was at Zachary QB Lindsey Scott's house today....He decommited from Syracuse Yesterday
Reply69 months
Carma......fuk him the way he played LSU!!!
Reply69 months
Two eggs in one basket and they're both cracked !! (Franks,Haskins)
Russeaux (Russo) coulda been, but he is gone with a verbal to temple.
Wait rewind ....Temple?? Cam gave him a visit after Haskins, Cam must've
drank Haskins tea and Russo smelt it. So Lindsay Scot de-committed and decided
on another school, all while a circus is going on with Tigers recruiting
a QB. Ok GPOY in Louisiana can Cam visit at least??
Reply69 months
Another QB with no chest! Geaux Tigers.
Reply69 months
Decommitted*
Reply69 months
good for him
Reply69 months
Popular Stories
comments26

Myles Brennan Reacts To The Ed Orgeron News On Twitter

There will many player reactions to come...
logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram