re: .

Posted on 5/31/20 at 9:24 am to
Posted by RTRinTampa
Central FL
Member since Jan 2013
5532 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 9:24 am to
quote:

They don’t want to be treated equally they want special special treatment.

They've been getting "short bus" special treatment from Democrats for the past 60 years.
Posted by Hoops
LA
Member since Jan 2013
6533 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 9:26 am to
quote:

Do you all want only Black POLICE in Black areas?

After the right hook the black cop put onto that whale this may not be a bad idea.
Posted by mightyMick
Member since Aug 2018
3067 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 10:06 am to
quote:

I’m so sick of police pulling stupid shite and getting away with it. It’s been going on for way too long.

Getting away with it? What are some examples?
Posted by RollTide4Ever
Nashville
Member since Nov 2006
18309 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 10:43 am to
What Happened to the Peace Officer?

Murray Rothbard suggested privatization of policing.
Posted by bstew3006
Member since Dec 2007
12576 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 10:52 am to
quote:

have absolutely no idea what the specific “systemic” changes that are being demanded.

Additionally, The messaging on this point is terrible. I don’t think I have heard one civil rights activists, protestor, or other person be able to list the demands.

Do you all want NO POLICE?

Do you all want only Black POLICE in Black areas?

Do you want NO preventative policing in your neighborhoods? Meaning just call the cops once the illegal deed is done?

Your messaging would go along way if you could somehow annunciate in clear and concise listings of the demand.

Without the demands of change, this is all just noise.

Also, the media doesn't even ask the question of give us the demands. What are the demands?

I’ve asked this meany times, only to receive “to be treated like you”, “you don’t understand”

I’ve followed up with, “ok, at what point do you look in the mirror (AA community) and take accountability. That isnt received well and convo breaks down.

Until you list demands and ready to look at the entire problem and act on all variables, you will not solve or correct the issue.
Posted by bmy
Nashville
Member since Oct 2007
48203 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 10:59 am to
Well I'm not out there rioting but..

1) End for-profit prisons
2) Fire/criminal charges for cops who obscure their ID number or turn off or cover their body cams
3) More public oversight/accessibility to bodycam footage
4) Stop using violence to arrest non-violent criminals
5) Stop suspending drivers licenses for failing to pay a fine
6) Stop municipalities from discouraging complaint filing/information requests (many places require that you provide a copy of your photo id, phone number, and address)
7) Officers records should be easily obtainable to the public
8) End no knock raids outside of particularly dangerous/niche instances
9) Qualified immunity needs to be looked at
10) Reduce frequency of police encounters and require a higher burden of evidence to start a search/seizure/detain. No more traffic stops based on lies E.g. "you weren't wearing a seatbelt"
11) Make an example out of the cops who were out of line during the protests and subsequent riots
12) Encourage and provide incentives to get locals policing their own communities

Bottom line.. more accountability across the board. Better training. Taxpayers will be happy to fund it.
This post was edited on 5/31/20 at 11:01 am
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:01 am to
quote:

Well I'm not out there rioting but..

It's a great list

Unfortunately...……..and even you're guilty of it...…...the list gets fricked up the moment someone acts as if all the shite on that list happens "because racism".

Posted by bmy
Nashville
Member since Oct 2007
48203 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:03 am to
quote:

Unfortunately...……..and even you're guilty of it...…...the list gets fricked up the moment someone acts as if all the shite on that list happens "because racism".

That's true.
Posted by kingbob
Sorrento, LA
Member since Nov 2010
67084 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:08 am to
quote:

TVs
Shoes
PS4’s

They would demand Nintendo Switch, but they’re out of stock.

Just kidding.

What they mostly want is:
1. An end to police brutality
2. Real consequences and accountability when police violate civil rights
3. Repeal of laws which lead to mass incarceration of blacks like prohibition of drugs
4. End to practices that seek to make criminals out of people with no probable cause to be suspected criminals like stop and frisk, checkpoints, and speed traps
5. Restore the right to vote and gun rights to convicted felons who have served their time
6. End to no knock raids
7. End civil asset forfeiture absent criminal conviction
8. Repeal of policies which train police to unnecessarily escalate non-violent situations into violent ones.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:12 am to
quote:

That's true.
Well then, take the advice of my thread a couple of days ago and learn from it.

The statistics don't even support the idea that police violence is biased towards blacks.

But the point is, your best course of action to actually getting it fixed is if you solve the ACTUAL problem.

The ACTUAL problems are on your list and are associated with poor police practices, poor legal policy, and over policing.

But instead of even TRYING to address these things, every time it comes up, we somehow need to "cure racism".

Might I suggest you focus on shite that can actually be controlled?
Posted by NPComb
Member since Jan 2019
27356 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:14 am to
quote:

AAs: What exactly are the demands wanted re: cops?

AA’s: Be treated equally.

What rioters demand: Let me shite all over you and anyone else and oh why I am at it, don’t arrest me because if you do, you are a fascist pig.
Posted by Tchefuncte Tiger
Bat'n Rudge
Member since Oct 2004
57221 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:16 am to
End capitalism and kill whitey is all I've heard.
Posted by kingbob
Sorrento, LA
Member since Nov 2010
67084 posts
The argument is that these bad policies, which are not racist on their face, are enforced in ways which create a racist result. This is very similar to an old Supreme Court case where the City of San Francisco banned laundromats in wooden buildings, because most Chinese-owned laundromats were in wooden buildings. They only enforced that ban against Chinese laundromats, so the law was struck down as unconstitutional and racist even though race was never mentioned.

Whether these policies are racist or not, they’re bad for everyone except for police departments and court houses. They should be repealed.
Posted by Dawgfanman
Member since Jun 2015
22355 posts
quote:

Do you understand that these are liberal run cities and police forces? Once you acknowledge this, why are you mad at conservatives?

I do and I’m not mad at conservatives. I am conservative.

The police forces in all cities are equally oppressive irregardless of color or party. It’s simply that whites have learned to be more compliant. More passive. Success breads softness. People cheer as cops bound into other people’s homes treating them like animals, not realizing the only thing keeping them from doing that to you is their choice not to. Not because they couldn’t find a reason, but because they know it would have more political blowback
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:17 am to
quote:

Why can’t they state them in a clear and concise manner so the rest of us know what in the hell they want changed?

Because Brawndo's got electrolytes
Posted by kingbob
Sorrento, LA
Member since Nov 2010
67084 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:19 am to
Equality went out of style at least 12 years ago. They don’t want equality, they want equity. They don’t want to be treated the same, they want to be made equal by tearing “the system” down. They want to install a government that will make them equal. They want communism through vengeance.
Posted by Dawgfanman
Member since Jun 2015
22355 posts
quote:

It's a great list Unfortunately...……..and even you're guilty of it...…...the list gets fricked up the moment someone acts as if all the shite on that list happens "because racism".

It’s true. This will instantly put most whites on the side of the cops. They feel a personal attack and often it is intended as one
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
quote:

The argument is that these bad policies, which are not racist on their face, are enforced in ways which create a racist result.
Cool story but not terribly supported by evidence.

quote:

Whether these policies are racist or not, they’re bad for everyone except for police departments and court houses. They should be repealed.
You won't find a bigger police reform guy on this board than me.

And, I think step 1 to getting it reformed is to stop framing it as a fricking black problem.

It's just a problem.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:21 am to
quote:

Equality went out of style at least 12 years ago. They don’t want equality, they want equity.

They want vengeance.

quote:

They don’t want to be treated the same, they want to be made equal by tearing “the system” down
They don't want that either. If they had the power, what they want, is payback.

quote:

They want communism through vengeance.
Yup
Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14828 posts
Posted on 5/31/20 at 11:21 am to
quote:

I have absolutely no idea what the specific “systemic” changes that are being demanded.

They want money.

They want free things.

They want the right to do criminal things and not be prosecuted.

They don't want to accept responsibility on how their own community has let them down.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram