Started By
re: .

Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:16 am to
Posted by Floating Change Up
signature text loading ...
Member since Dec 2013
11848 posts
I like the chicks in Fortnite. SnorkleOps girl for the win.

I thought EA was no longer a thing?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 6:34 am
Posted by teke184
Zachary, LA
Member since Jan 2007
95198 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:21 am to
We wish.

I’m tired of them and Activision casting off or ruining franchises because they can’t turn them into a cash cow on the lines of Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, etc. which gets annual releases with minimal innovation.
Posted by ZappBrannigan
Member since Jun 2015
7692 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:21 am to
All they had to do was have DICE design it as Battlefield: Bad Company 0

Have it just be misfit resistance fighters from allied and occupied countries. Keep the penal battalion trappings. Not pretend this is how ww2 was fault.

And people would be on board.

I'm on board because I like Battlefield but shite if this is how you try to attack Fortnite and Overwatch, yeeeesh.
Posted by 1MileTiger
Denver, Colorado
Member since Jun 2011
1786 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:26 am to
This will be the first Battlefield game I do not buy. The gameplay was enjoyable at EA Play, but it had no immersion at all. Battlefield was always my favorite series due to the scale of the maps and infinite ways to play them. Not going to give my money to a bunch of Swedish shite lords.
Posted by Dead End
Baton Rouge
Member since Aug 2013
21237 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:27 am to
Do you have a link? I'd like to troll my BF friends.
Posted by Dead End
Baton Rouge
Member since Aug 2013
21237 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:27 am to
quote:

I've been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance which is a historically accurate game set in the 1400s during the Holy Roman Empire. There was a little backlash due to everyone in the game being white. But that's the way it was.

Is it worth buying?
Posted by Tiger Prawn
Member since Dec 2016
21881 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:28 am to
One of the comments on the Youtube trailer that was in OP link:

quote:

Activision: We made a bad game

Dice: Hold my soy

For those who don't know, Activision is the company that makes Call of Duty game franchise. Dice is the game studio that produces Battlefield in conjunction with EA
Posted by Chimlim
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since Jul 2005
17712 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:29 am to
quote:

This is a game. And today gaming is gender-diverse

This is the kind of shite you say when you live in a liberal bubble. Sure, everyone you associate yourself with feels that gaming needs to be more gender-inclusive. But in reality, about 90% of your target audience are white males and all you are doing is alienating your audience.

It's almost as if SJW liberals have little concept of business.
Posted by buckeye_vol
Member since Jul 2014
35236 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:30 am to
quote:

I’m pretty skeptical of those figures about women gamers because I’m pretty sure it includes mobile and Facebook games which honestly aren’t really the same thing.
This definitely plays a major role. At the same time, although I'm sure these genres are on mobile phones as well, 36% of female gamers play fantasy multiplayer games, so it's not just facebook or puzzle games at least.

And according to this, they are more likely to play mobile games than PC or console games, although I almost expected it to be even lower for PC and console gaming.

Male and Female Gamers: How Their Similarities and Differences Shape the Games Market

But I'm wondering if this is what they're truly trying to tap into:
quote:

The divergence between male and female core players can be seen in spending habits. Across all segments, men are much more likely to spend than women. The difference is most apparent for PC gaming, with 57% of core male gamers paying versus 39% of women.
If they can get females more interested games that require spending, then that may be the best revenue growth opportunity. And let's be honest, if stereotypes are true, then a female payer is probably going to spend more than a male payer. I would think at least.
Posted by teke184
Zachary, LA
Member since Jan 2007
95198 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:33 am to
If fantasy multiplayer is what females want, make a fricking FPS along the lines of Jedi Knight based in high fantasy instead of fricking up a historically based combat series.
Posted by BlackPawnMartyr
Houston, TX
Member since Dec 2010
15300 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:39 am to
Posted by buckeye_vol
Member since Jul 2014
35236 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:41 am to
quote:

That’s where it really goes wrong. A lot of people don’t like this shite but they’ll tolerate it for brands they love.
Then it seems a company would be wise to research their brands' elasticity, and find the brands that are most inelastic to males (and other established demographics), and then start targeting females (and other demographics with growth potential) since the established users will be less likely to leave the brand.

Although, I would do research to ensure that it goes far enough to attract the new demographics, but not far enough to actually make users complaining doesn't turn into users leaving the brand.
Posted by SoFla Tideroller
South Florida
Member since Apr 2010
30072 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:42 am to
I will be willing to bet that after this iteration of BF tanks (relative to previous sales), in a couple years the next rendition will be marketed as "a return to the gritty realism gamers fell in love with!"

It also wouldn't surprise me if sales of this game are not good, towards the end of the year there will be a quiet announcement that this clown stepped down to "pursue other opportunities".
Posted by teke184
Zachary, LA
Member since Jan 2007
95198 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:44 am to
You would think.

Neither EA nor Activision are particularly self aware.

I still don’t think they will admit they fricked up Mass Effect by trying to turn it into No Man’s Sky.
Posted by buckeye_vol
Member since Jul 2014
35236 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:48 am to
quote:

If fantasy multiplayer is what females want, make a fricking FPS along the lines of Jedi Knight based in high fantasy instead of fricking up a historically based combat series.
I mean this makes sense. But maybe they've found females are more likely to take a new interest in a game that females wouldn't be expected to be in than games that they are. And maybe males aren't as impacted by this as one would guess.

I mean it's obviously just like any other business decision, and the potential reward should be weighed against the risk. If they have done that, then maybe a call option on their stock would be a good play; if they haven't done that, then maybe a put option instead.
Posted by TexasTiger80
Texas
Member since Apr 2018
2396 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:48 am to
quote:

I've been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance which is a historically accurate game set in the 1400s during the Holy Roman Empire. There was a little backlash due to everyone in the game being white. But that's the way it was

Why? Earth to you libtard morons....EVERY PERSON IN 1400s EUROPE WAS WHITE!!!!

If they want to make a new game in current America or the future, then put different sex and races in it. But if you are gonna have a game set in a specific time and place, put the correct characters in the game.

WHY ARE LIBTARDS SO frickING STUPID???
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:49 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 6:34 am
Posted by Chimlim
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since Jul 2005
17712 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 11:57 am to
quote:

WHY ARE LIBTARDS SO frickING STUPID???

Resident Evil 5 took place in Africa. You want to know what liberals were pissed about in that game?

Too many black zombies.
Posted by ZappBrannigan
Member since Jun 2015
7692 posts
Posted on 6/13/18 at 12:05 pm to
I was one of 2 non gay guys in a rather populated Final Fantasy XI linkshell (guild, clan).

It was pretty awesome to come back from grad school and be treated to the equivalent of Polynesian girls waiting with a feast every time I logged on. Women game different, but much the same.

And the cat fights, online cat fights are pretty fricking hilarious.

first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram