re: .

Posted on 7/22/14 at 1:10 pm to
Posted by Patrick_Bateman
Member since Jan 2012
17823 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 1:10 pm to
Now, the NAACP has filed a lawsuit against the city of Detroit! LINK /

quote:

After a class action lawsuit filed against the city of Detroit, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund says that recent water shutoffs to Detroit residents were discriminatory.
Discriminatory against whom? People who don't pay their bills? Is the NAACP acknowledging that blacks are more likely to not pay their bills?!
Posted by davesdawgs
Georgia - Class of '75
Member since Oct 2008
20307 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 1:15 pm to
quote:

So when does premium cable become an inalienable right?

When Obama makes it so?
Posted by EST
Investigating
Member since Oct 2003
17853 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 1:51 pm to
Sad. When were those pics taken? A weekday? Perhaps they should be out looking for a job - or be at work - to pay their water bill.

Or

They could use the water in the nearby river - sort of like people in India who make great use of their rivers.
Posted by magildachunks
Member since Oct 2006
32499 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 2:33 pm to
quote:

Those who didn't have water piped into their homes (i.e. everyone who wasn't rich), used public restrooms and got their water from public fountains, which were free for consumption, and their taxes payed for the upkeep of this system.

We should do this then.
Posted by Pinecone Repair
Burminham
Member since Nov 2013
7156 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 2:43 pm to
I have no sympathy for these people. They all appear to be well dressed and certainly well fed. Bet they all have smart phones,and other "luxury" items.

Why do they expect their water to be free?
Posted by joeytiger
Muh Mom's House
Member since Jul 2012
6037 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:17 pm to
quote:

Love how they all had time to protest on a workday

Ding Ding Ding. Get an education, get a job or a second job, or a third job and pay your damn bills. Quit asking for handouts and exercise some personal responsibility.
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28731 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:25 pm to
quote:

Why does this not surprise me? $90M in unpaid water bills, some owing thousands of dollar over years of unpaid bills, and they have the nerve to protest when their water is cut off?. . . Pure trash.

Like Ford Field, which owes $55k? Or Joe Louis Arena, which owes $80k?
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36128 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:28 pm to
quote:

I have no sympathy for these people. They all appear to be well dressed and certainly well fed. Bet they all have smart phones,and other "luxury" items.

Why do they expect their water to be free?

Fatties in clothes don't need no water!!!

Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28731 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:29 pm to
quote:

Furthermore, no one has ever gotten cholera from not drinking.
You get it from drinking unsanitary water, you dolt. And that is going to happen. And no water means no sewage, so there is going to be shite everywhere.
quote:

6 people get cholera in the US each year, on average. None in Michigan. I'd say you don't have to be too worried there.
I'd say you're wrong.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:33 pm to
Iz demands free wata

it is depressing to me that not only people believe this, but do so shamelessly.

HBO is a fricking right, let's take it to the streets!!! Speaking of which, how many people at that protest have premium channels, Xboxes, big screen tvs, computers, etc.

if they are actually unable to pay their bills it is only because they neglected to do so for such an extreme period of time.

My water bill was craaaaazy this month...$50. Oh lord, what an injustice! To the streets!
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:35 pm to
or they can go to a water source and start scooping...then flush their toilet.

I don't doubt they'll take to the streets with their turds, but if cholera is the preferable alternative to parting with your surround sound then I say let natural selection do its thing

why is everyone skirting around the issue, they CAN pay, but they REFUSE to pay...water isn't an expensive commodity.
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28731 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:37 pm to
quote:

water isn't an expensive commodity

Average $65/month in Detroit. edit: and rising
This post was edited on 7/22/14 at 3:38 pm
Burminham
Member since Nov 2013
7156 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:38 pm to
Sure they do and it looks like they are perfectly capable of paying for it.

Why do you assume that they can't pay their bills?
Burminham
Member since Nov 2013
7156 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:42 pm to
quote:

Average $65/month in Detroit. edit: and rising

Maybe if they all started paying their bills the costs wouldn't have to keep going up? I believe that I read the increases are due to fewer people paying their bills.
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69947 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:42 pm to
quote:

You get it from drinking unsanitary water, you dolt. And that is going to happen. And no water means no sewage, so there is going to be shite everywhere.

Been to Detroit lately? It's already a shitty place.

quote:

6 people get cholera in the US each year, on average. None in Michigan. I'd say you don't have to be too worried there.

I'd say you're wrong.

6 cases per year is not a cause for alarm, calm your arse down.
This post was edited on 7/22/14 at 3:43 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:44 pm to
oh no, $65 a month?!?! And it's rising because for the people who do pay, they also have to pay for the losers or else nobody is getting water.

the horror...let's cut the shite, and acknowledge that they just didn't pay for it because they knew they didn't have to and spent the money on other things. If their bill is that delinquent, then off to the pawn shop you go.
This post was edited on 7/22/14 at 3:46 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:45 pm to
quote:

6 cases per year is not a cause for alarm

so concerned about cholera, but not the murders...typical lib
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:49 pm to
quote:

Is the NAACP acknowledging that blacks are more likely to not pay their bills?!

yes they are, unless they want to ignore the white people in the first photo (excluding the hulk)
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28731 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:53 pm to
quote:

Maybe if they all started paying their bills the costs wouldn't have to keep going up? I believe that I read the increases are due to fewer people paying their bills.
It's mainly because fewer people live there. People are leaving Detroit, and the infrastructure has fixed costs that must be paid for. Also, bills are going up all over the country as old pipes are failing, and repairs are costly.

Water infrastructure is obviously of national importance, so wouldn't it be better if we came together to do what needs to be done, rather than potentially killing people?
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28731 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 3:55 pm to
quote:

Been to Detroit lately? It's already a shitty place.
And the solution is to make it shittier?
quote:

6 cases per year is not a cause for alarm, calm your arse down.
I'm not alarmed, I am calm. I'm just telling you that if thousands of people in a concentrated area go without clean water for an extended period of time, there will be cause for alarm.
Jump to page
Page First 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 15Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram