re: .

Posted on 12/21/11 at 1:08 pm to
Posted by Hoodoo Man
Sunshine Pumping most days.
Member since Oct 2011
31637 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 1:08 pm to
Jesus.
They must be MASSIVELY butthurt to be saying stuff like that.
Posted by Leonides
Baton Rouge
Member since Aug 2009
1270 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 1:28 pm to
quote:

Jesus.
They must be MASSIVELY butthurt to be saying stuff like that.

Falcon fans are not only butthurt, they are scared.

All their talk about Brees being "overrated" or a "product of the system" is hilarious. Especially when you consider the statements are coming from the fans of a team whose head coach is clearly afraid of Brees as evidenced by his decision to go for a first down on 4th and inches from his team's own 30 yard line during OT in Atlanta. Mike Smith admitted his decision was fueled by his fear of Brees and the Saints offense getting the ball back.

Enough said.
This post was edited on 12/21/11 at 1:29 pm
Posted by TC16
Louisiana
Member since Feb 2010
2531 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 2:54 pm to
The fact that someone would create a thread like that only points to one conclusion...

He IS scared.

It's a way of making themselves comfortable with the obvious worry of playing the Saints. Talking about New Orleans as a city and cockroaches is an easy way out because they definitely don't want to talk about this game.
This post was edited on 12/21/11 at 2:57 pm
Posted by chipd
Seattle
Member since Jul 2011
373 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 3:06 pm to
quote:

Personally, I am scared of the Saints, anything that can not only survive but thrive in that **** hole of a city isn't normal. After a nuclear Armageddon only two things will survive, cockroaches and the Saints.

This is an ignorant and horrible thing to say about one of the greatest cities in the world. Atlanta is such a "gem".
Posted by DoubleDown
New Orleans, Louisiana
Member since Oct 2008
12886 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 3:12 pm to
Posted by oak71
Mesa, AZ
Member since Jun 2008
2580 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 3:42 pm to
"Brees can make plays, but he's just a product of the system."

Geez the Saints gotta beat these guys!!! Wow!!

And the system is actually a product of him....
This post was edited on 12/21/11 at 3:43 pm
Posted by Fat Bastard
coach, investor, gambler
Member since Mar 2009
73543 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 4:26 pm to
quote:

This is an ignorant and horrible thing to say about one of the greatest cities in the world. Atlanta is such a "gem".

They sound like Bama fans. very ignorant,naive butthurt and uneducated.atlnta is very transient it has nowhere near the food, music and culture NOLA has. people saying things like this only makes themself look petty and dumb.
Posted by fjhjr08
The Kingdom
Member since Jun 2008
919 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 7:11 pm to
"All we gotta do is play keep away with Turner..."

This is an efective strategy for for the falcons. It worked so well the last game that I hope they use it again.
Posted by Hoodoo Man
Sunshine Pumping most days.
Member since Oct 2011
31637 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 8:03 pm to
I was reading through that forum for a little while.

Damn, those are some vitriolic posters.
I mean, sure TD has its posters that post things that could be considered a little rough.
But they constantly attack New Orleans, calling it a "cess pool" (over and over again), and Louisiana, in general.
They basically complain that anyone ever felt bad for the rednecks after Katrina.

Then, they ban Saints fans who say things they just don't like, regardless of whether or it's true or not, all in the name of keeping out "trolls."
"These Saints trolls need to be reminded that these are the Atlanta Falcons Message Boards, not some free-for-all where anything goes. As such, my responsibility is first and foremost to the experience of Falcons fans, not rival fans or trolls....If you're a Saints fan and all you intend to do is post "9-2" or immature crap like that, your first post might just be your last."

I don't think TD is perfect; but I'm impressed and glad we at least TRY to keep the trash talk related to football and we don't ban posters for liking another team.
This post was edited on 12/21/11 at 8:05 pm
Posted by Saint Nicholas
The North Pole
Member since Sep 2009
1917 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 9:34 pm to
quote:

Also, Julio Jones was injured early in the game. The Saints got lucky and didn't have to cover 2 top WRs. Now that our offense is rolling with Julio, White, Douglas, Gonzalez, all making plays and Turner running like a mad animal, there's no stopping us. When have the Saints ever had a good defense besides that lucky year they won the Superbowl with an 'opportunistic' defense, a.k.a lucky defense?

I read that then left....wow, just wow.
I'm ready for a beatdown monday night!!
Posted by LSU fan 246
Member since Oct 2005
90567 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 9:53 pm to
i loved the end of that quote.
Posted by Icceytiger
Princeton, NJ
Member since Aug 2010
1986 posts
Posted on 12/21/11 at 11:57 pm to
Mother of God... And I thought we had some dumb fans.... Stay classy Atlanta rofl
Posted by TC16
Louisiana
Member since Feb 2010
2531 posts
Posted on 12/22/11 at 12:27 am to
quote:

"All we gotta do is play keep away with Turner..."

Posted by Mikebandit
Haters Be Like.....
Member since Aug 2011
738 posts
Posted on 12/22/11 at 8:08 am to
quote:

Personally, I am scared of the Saints, anything that can not only survive but thrive in that **** hole of a city isn't normal. After a nuclear Armageddon only two things will survive, cockroaches and the Saints.

best qoute from that board lol
Posted by Thracken13
Aft Cargo Hold of Serenity
Member since Feb 2010
16150 posts
Posted on 12/22/11 at 9:45 am to
DD - you are cool in my book brother - glad to have ya on the forums here.
Posted by rockchlkjayhku11
Cincinnati, OH
Member since Aug 2006
36500 posts
Posted on 12/22/11 at 8:03 pm to
i didn't read that thread (just this one), but it's the same shite that you read here or on any board anywhere really. last year, people thought the saints were better than the falcons on here. those people are just as wrong and idiotic as anyone who thinks the falcons are better than the saints this year.

earlier this year and last year, you would read this board talking enormous amounts of shite about their own team when shite wasn't looking great in particular games. I'm sure the same thing happens there. all boards are the same, anywhere you go. no big deal.

here's to a fun one on monday and to us all being drunk (happy or pissed off) by about 11 pm.
Posted by DCBJR6
Madisonville, LA
Member since Jan 2011
4248 posts
Posted on 12/23/11 at 2:31 am to
quote:

but it's the same shite that you read here or on any board anywhere really. last year, people thought the saints were better than the falcons on here. those people are just as wrong and idiotic as anyone who thinks the falcons are better than the saints this year.

Fans thought that last year, because well, they were. It took a shanked 28 yard chip shot in OT to give them the game in NOLA and they Saints went in to ATL and won on Monday night when just about every expert, but Trent Dilfer thought that they were unbeatable in ATL. Plus, to make it even better, our "sad arse" defense as ATL fans like to say, held them to 14 points, their precious "Matty Ice" to 148 yards passing and a 52% completion percentage, and their "beast" running back to 48 yards rushing for a whopping 2.8 ypc. So yeah, I think Saints fans had a good point to believe we were better last year.

Sounds to me like you are just as delusional as the rest of the ATL fans. I bet you were one of the UGA fans claiming they would beat LSU too, huh? Came up a bit short on that prediction wouldn't you say? So yeah, here's to a good game Monday night when Sean and Drew extend their domination of the dirty birds to 10-2. Oh and give us a shout when y'all's golden child QB wins a playoff game.
Posted by DCBJR6
Madisonville, LA
Member since Jan 2011
4248 posts
Posted on 12/23/11 at 2:32 am to
I'd like to bitch slap the one guy who said "that lucky year they won the super bowl."
Posted by motorbreath
New Orleans Saints fan
Member since Jun 2004
6381 posts
Posted on 12/23/11 at 3:53 am to
quote:

I'd like to bitch slap the one guy who said "that lucky year they won the super bowl."

They convince themselves this is true. They can't cope with the fact that we won the super bowl and that while they have one of the best teams they've ever had, they're still light years behind the saints.
Posted by goatmilker
Castle Anthrax
Member since Feb 2009
64565 posts
Posted on 12/23/11 at 8:46 am to
I just got banned over there

There getting very touchy it seems as I was playing very low key.

Suck it falcons

first pageprev pagePage 4 of 5Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram