Member since Oct 2011
2662 posts
Posted on 6/22/18 at 9:53 am to
Exercise makes you eat more
Posted by LSUTiger1026
Member since Sep 2017
146 posts
Posted on 6/22/18 at 10:21 am to
Honestly, you don’t need to do any for fat loss. Although there are plenty of other health benefits to walking for long periods so keep it up if you like it. This isn’t for everyone, but I went Paleo/Whole 30 in August and went from 200 and size 37 waist to 175 and size 33 waist. I did no cardio over this time period and am the most ripped that I have ever been. Abs are made in the kitchen, IMO. That being said, cardio can help and you are probably doing enough assuming your macros are in order and carbs aren’t too high compared to fat and protein.
Posted by arktiger28
Member since Aug 2005
4801 posts
Posted on 6/22/18 at 12:14 pm to
As someone who ran 5 marathons as a fat man cardio is incredibly overrated for losing weight. It’s all about diet and I have found that lifting gives me much better body composition than running ever did. I only run about 6 Miles a week now and I do it primarily so I can visit with my runner friends. It’s cool if you love cardio. Do it. It’s great for your overall health. But as for as weight loss it goes diet, strength training, and then cardio as for as effectiveness goes.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram