Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports
While speaking on Culotta & The Prince on 104.5/104.9 FM ESPN Radio in Baton Rouge Monday morning, LSU Athletic Director Joe Alleva said that the University would take the "wait and see" approach regarding the four LSU football players that were arrested last week. Per The Advocate:
quote:

“Any punishment that’s going to happen to those players, we’re going to have to wait and see what the judge says,” he said, “because at the end of the day it’s not the media that decides if they’re innocent or guilty. The media tends to like to make people guilty right away. In my opinion, we have to wait for the judge.”
You can listen to Alleva's complete radio interview here.
Filed Under: LSU Football
19 Comments
user avatar
user avatar
Kracka131 months
What he says is the truth. But most people have made their minds up already.
user avatar
DoubleDown131 months
@Kracka - if this had happened to Bama players, what would your opinion be then? Thought so.
user avatar
geauxtigahs87131 months
I doubt any Tuscaloosa policeman would be foolish enough to arrest a bama player
user avatar
Hester Carries131 months
In regards to Jennings Alleva said the investigation was.......incomplete.
user avatar
CalTiger53131 months
The school is obligated to let legal process run its course before taking action. BTW, Bama players won't go for anything less than armed robbery.
user avatar
BayouTiga131 months
Innocent or guilty, the decision to enter a dwelling that you don't legally have the right to occupy, "STUPID"! Bama, LSU, Gators........enough said.
user avatar
The players were allowed into the dwelling BayouTiga by the theif's roommate, some of them broke into one of the bedrooms but I was under the impression some stayed in the common area.
user avatar
LSU_Saints_Hornets131 months
I can hear Les Miles now, "there was a want to suspend Anthony, however the opportunity did not present itself."
user avatar
Lsu101205131 months
It could just be me, but I would assume spending more time getting better at football to get drafted higher would be easier/more beneficial way to get your $1,500 worth of stuff back.

But hey Ive never been a starter of a college team that is nationally televised almost every week with scouts at every game, so what do i know.
user avatar
Malaysian Tiger131 months
You are still innocent until proven guilty or that's the way it used to be before the Social Media, Talk Radio, and MSNBC came along and took everyone's Rights away!!
user avatar
DoubleDown131 months
Yea ok, #teamvote
user avatar
SamuelClemens131 months
B & E could take 2 years to go through court.
user avatar
husslemane131 months
This is #3 for Lelaimatafao. He might need to go.

I agree on waiting on the rest though.
user avatar
Alleman131 months
Why doesn't he follow the standard he set at Duke and suspend the entire team and cancel the season?
user avatar
#teamvote
user avatar
nol1wph131 months
Its all good. No one was injured correct? They will find a way to settle this after the charges are either dropped or greatly reduced and the players will find their way back onto the field, just in time for the first game.
user avatar
SmackDaniels131 months
"Why doesn't he follow the standard he set at Duke and suspend the entire team and cancel the season?" Don't forget to force the coach to resign. :lol:
user avatar
brass2mouth131 months
Why doesn't he follow the standard he set at Duke and suspend the entire team and cancel the season?

Probably because he learned from his mistakes.
user avatar
tigerbite2131 months
New poster for the football locker room: WIN WITH CLASS, AND DONT SHOW YOUR A$$............
Popular Stories
logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on X, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookXInstagram