- My Forums
- Tiger Rant
- LSU Recruiting
- SEC Rant
- Saints Talk
- Pelicans Talk
- More Sports Board
- Fantasy Sports
- Golf Board
- Soccer Board
- O-T Lounge
- Tech Board
- Home/Garden Board
- Outdoor Board
- Health/Fitness Board
- Movie/TV Board
- Book Board
- Music Board
- Political Talk
- Money Talk
- Fark Board
- Gaming Board
- Travel Board
- Food/Drink Board
- Ticket Exchange
- TD Help Board
Customize My Forums- View All Forums
- Topic Sort Options
- Trending Topics
- Recent Topics
- Active Topics
South Carolina Was Told They Made NCAA Tournament When They Didn't
by Larry Leo
March 31, 20163 Comments

Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
So apparently the South Carolina men's basketball team was told they made the NCAA Tournament, then within minutes that changed. Per wistv.com...
quote:You can read more of this debacle here.
According to USC Athletics Director Ray Tanner, Frank Martin and the Gamecocks were notified by NCAA officials around 6:30 p.m. on March 13, the day of the NCAA Selection Show, that they had been invited to the NCAA Tournament, with a record of 24-8.
Ten minutes later, NCAA officials got in touch with South Carolina officials again and told them their invitation was a mistake, Tanner said. The NCAA Selection Committee instead selected the Vanderbilt Commodores.
USC officials say they were not notified Vandy had made the tournament instead of the Gamecocks.
Filed Under: South Carolina Sports
Originally published on SECRant.com
Popular Stories














