Started By
re: .

Posted on 5/11/18 at 8:52 am to
Posted by ItNeverRains
Member since Oct 2007
25432 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 8:52 am to
Ben Shapiro is a liberal with conservative values. There is nothing masculine about him. He is very smart and articulate, but I imagine him throwing a football like Lamar threw the javelin in Revenge of the Nerds. I agree with him on almost every issue.
Posted by Man4others
Member since Aug 2017
2051 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:00 am to
I’m slowly tuning out Ben lately. His latest article on Millennials is terrible. Basically saying we need to elect Mitt Romney’s to gain traction with Millennial voters.
Posted by Tiger at Law
Baton Rouge
Member since May 2007
2990 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:05 am to
Yeah, that article was pretty cringey. And I couldn't help but read it in his whiny voice. Boiled down version: Republicans/Conservatives are going to lose the young voters unless they turn back to morality...or something. Sure, its great that we are getting results and winning bigly, but that isn't what the kids want. Like, where are they going to turn for "morality", the sky screaming, pussy hat wearing, domestic-terrorist anarchists?

I don't care much for Ben personally, but I do like watching him debate people. He loses me with his conservative purity tests and I think his big morality article misses the mark also.
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111507 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:05 am to
quote:

This is actually my only thing against Ben. He was dead wrong to take her side.

Ben probably let his feelings about that that rat piece of shite who destroyed Breitbart.com get to him.
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111507 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:08 am to
Winning political contests while assenting to morality adrift is meaningless. Just kill the opposition. You’ll be in charge forever then.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:13 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 9:06 am
Posted by Tiger at Law
Baton Rouge
Member since May 2007
2990 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:18 am to
Thats the thing, without saying "Trump" in the article (I think he didn't say "Trump") the whole thing was blatantly about Trump and blaming him for losing the youth like he is some sort of literal godless madman, or like we have to have some pretentious prick like Mitt or pick your establishment type who acts smarmy and holy but doesn't get crap done and is usually corrupt as well.

Yeah, not news AT ALL that Trump was a playboy womanizer back in the day and he pushes back hard against scummy media, leftists, and RINOs who aren't advancing a conservative agenda in the least...we wouldn't need a tough guy now if all of the genteel republicans hadn't been betraying their voter base for years like a bunch of sellouts. Trump stands up for constitutional rights, ending the opioid crisis, securing our border, rule of law, protecting unborn, conservative judiciary, etc. He isn't running a brothel out of the whitehouse, importing 3rd world loonies, bowing to dictators,etc. Get out of here with the "morally adrift" pearl clutching at someone who fights back. The situation that got him elected demands a fighter and nothing would get done with his agenda if he didn't fight.
Posted by Lsupimp
Ersatz Amerika-97.6% phony & fake
Member since Nov 2003
78430 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:19 am to
Ben understands The Left . But he needs to work on his understanding of The Right . His understanding is too coastal and too Jewish/ Academic/Neoconservative. As much as I like him , he really lacks that good intuitive feel for the base. He was very late to understand what a lot of us understood five years earlier.
Posted by AggieHank86
Texas
Member since Sep 2013
42941 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:19 am to
quote:

quote:

He isn’t Bill Buckley, but he is the best of his generation.
He's in the conversation with Tucker Carlson and Mark Steyn. I would also throw in David Harsanyi and Jordan Peterson
Shapiro shares a certain eloquence and intellectualism with Buckley (though not onthe same level) that is lacking in Carlson and Steyn. Peterson has some of it, though he lacks the eloquence.
This post was edited on 5/11/18 at 9:45 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:22 am to
(no message)
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111507 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:28 am to
quote:

Ben understands The Left . But he needs to work on his understanding of The Right . His understanding is too coastal and too Jewish/ Academic/Neoconservative. As much as I like him , he really lacks that good intuitive feel for the base. He was very late to understand what a lot of us understood five years earlier.

I agree with this. He doesn’t grasp conservatives of Indiana or Iowa, let alone Texas or Alabama.

But the quest for ideology over only pragmatism is a valuable quest. Even when it gets in the way of a good orgy.
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111507 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:29 am to
You’ve only managed to demonstrate you have no idea what intellectualism is.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:37 am to
(no message)
Posted by Big_Slim
Mogadishu
Member since Apr 2016
3977 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 9:40 am to
quote:

Hes the worst. I really can't believe ppl on here say they would want that turd as pres.

The amount of downvotes this post has is disturbing
Posted by jat912
Florida Parishes
Member since Jun 2008
203 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 10:12 am to
I find Shapiro's delivery to be very rapid, like his brain is faster than his mouth, rather unlike WFB. I agree that Peterson is closest to WFB in terms of intellectualism. Victor Davis Hanson is smooth, but he doesn't have Buckley's charisma.

In any event, I think we can agree that today's conservative community has a strong and relatively young group of intellectual champions.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 10:43 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 9:04 am
Posted by CoachDon
Louisville
Member since Sep 2014
12409 posts
Posted on 5/11/18 at 11:18 am to
UPDATE 7:06 P.M. EST: CNN’s Oliver Darcy confirmed Ben Shapiro was NOT the source.

Can confirm @benshapiro was not our source

— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) May 10, 2018

Fake News!
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 5Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram