Posted by JudgeHolden
Gila River
Member since Jan 2008
18566 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 8:55 am to
quote:

and you're fine with that? Really?

I didn’t say that. It’s just a fact.

I will say I didn’t hear a lot of complaints from the right about it until the last election cycle.
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123808 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 9:38 am to
quote:

I didn’t say that.
You implied it.
But taking it you're being honest, and actually do appreciate the problem with present corruption at the Bureau, how would you propose rooting it out and fixing it?

The OP suggested US Marshalls be employed.
What investigative body would you suggest?
Does an FBI investigation of itself not invite further corruption?
Posted by JudgeHolden
Gila River
Member since Jan 2008
18566 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 10:33 am to
Well, if you want my honest answer . . . .

You have two options as President.

1). Restructure the Agency.

— replace all appointed officials in the agency. Not all at once, but over a couple of years.

—hire some serious people to advise on replacements.

— THREATEN to increase congressional oversight. This is the last thing serious (and non corrupt) people in the agency want. They will clean up their own house in response.

— Ironically, expand it. Engage in new hiring with guidelines for recruitment. In fifteen years, you’ll have an agency more like you want.

2). Your other option. Do nothing. Let the process play out. Career officers are interested in domestic crime and terrorism, not in quasi-political squabbles.

What you don’t do is what Trump did. You don’t try to strong arm the director and then make public statements that sound just like a perp to every sentient FBI agent.

I don’t know if Trump is innocent or guilty. I do know his handling of the FBI was ham handed.

This post was edited on 5/5/18 at 10:34 am
Posted by SDVTiger
Cabo San Lucas
Member since Nov 2011
73302 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 10:34 am to
So you are NT74 and not boosie. Makes sense now
Posted by JudgeHolden
Gila River
Member since Jan 2008
18566 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 10:37 am to
quote:

So you are NT74 and not boosie. Makes sense now

I’m neither. I’m an “errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.”

Posted by starsandstripes
Georgia
Member since Nov 2017
11897 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 11:12 am to
quote:

THREATEN to increase congressional oversight. This is the last thing serious (and non corrupt) people in the agency want. They will clean up their own house in response.

They won't. The people you allude to are below the SES level and the SES level is one of the main problems.

quote:

Your other option. Do nothing. Let the process play out. Career officers are interested in domestic crime and terrorism, not in quasi-political squabbles.

This is not an option. The process will not correct the core problems. The process is rigged and has been for a long time now.

quote:

What you don’t do is what Trump did. You don’t try to strong arm the director and then make public statements that sound just like a perp to every sentient FBI agent.

Somewhat agree. Trump should have adopted the 'walk softly and carry a big stick approach'.
Posted by TrueTiger
Chicken's most valuable
Member since Sep 2004
67706 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 11:16 am to
I don't know why we needed an FBI in the first place.

The Marshalls have been there since the beginning of the republic.
Posted by TuDog
Boston
Member since Jun 2005
4151 posts
Posted on 5/5/18 at 11:19 am to
quote:

If you don’t like the FBI,

Yeah, it's about this
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram