Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:34 am to
Posted by davesdawgs
Georgia - Class of '75
Member since Oct 2008
20307 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:34 am to
quote:

Are the activists really helping the gay movement

They are making "progress" from their perspective. But yea, I feel as you do and hopefully a general backlash will put these people in check.
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:35 am to
quote:

I was pointing out the absurdity of rejecting a cause based on the persistence of the movement.

I don't think he was saying "persistence" was the problem.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:40 am to
I don't know how to quantify the damage they've done in the last two years, but I would easily say that the Obama administration is the worst thing ever for the gay rights movement
Posted by CITWTT
baton rouge
Member since Sep 2005
31765 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:41 am to
How often does Toddy not post about Dicks? He is a one trick pony that is for sure.
Posted by Srbtiger06
Member since Apr 2006
28264 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:52 am to
I wouldn't say I have gone against it, but I don't care at all anymore.

The behavior is pretty off-putting.
Posted by IdahoTiger
San Diego, CA
Member since Dec 2007
1868 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 11:58 am to
I'm gay and I just have to say I don't know any activists. I'm for gay marriage and whatnot but I don't parade in the streets for it. I just feel like I have better things to do. I think both sides are to blame though, and I do fear a backlash and regression from the progress that's been made. Just don't believe that all gay people are the ones you see dressing like clown strippers in the streets.
Posted by Srbtiger06
Member since Apr 2006
28264 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 12:02 pm to
quote:

I think both sides are to blame though, and I do fear a backlash and regression from the progress that's been made. Just don't believe that all gay people are the ones you see dressing like clown strippers in the streets.

Agreed.

Sure, positive changes are coming in relation to the issue BUT you're also seeing much more negative reaction as well. I just don't think the vocal minority is really helping at the end of the day.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 12:06 pm to
I don't believe that. I had gay people in my wedding. But I will say, they condone the kind of shite I'm talking about, though they'd never participate, and I'm not going to give two shits about them when I go to vote. Which sucks for them. Like I said though, the damage done by the radicals is dwarfed by that done by the Obama admin. Because the burden is no longer on the GOP to change or adapt. shite, I don't care how radically anti gay they are. I'm voting for me without any regard for what my candidate has in store for you.

and I wish it didn't have to be like that.
This post was edited on 5/13/14 at 12:09 pm
Posted by Godfather1
What WAS St George, Louisiana
Member since Oct 2006
79769 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 12:09 pm to
Hurting.

They're basically obnoxious. Obnoxiousness turns even the most sympathetic people off. It's human nature.
Posted by HonoraryCoonass
Member since Jan 2005
18081 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 12:11 pm to
quote:

I don't know how to quantify the damage they've done in the last two years, but I would easily say that the Obama administration is the worst thing ever for the gay rights movement

The gays are making omelettes, and you I are the eggs.

You might not like some of the tactics and the speed of queer "progress," but the progress is undeniable.
Posted by Toddy
Atlanta
Member since Jul 2010
27250 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 12:46 pm to
I do agree that activists can be annoying. Some of them annoy the hell out of me. But, if it were not for these activists gay marriage would not be legal in seventeen states now. Gay marriage bans also would not have been struck down in Utah, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Michigan, and Arkansas. That is a fact.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 1:08 pm to
this is what pisses me off the most. gay people getting a bad rep because of straight, white, guilty, radical liberals

It doesn't surprise me you didn't come here to call me an uneducated bigot.
Posted by The Cow Goes Moo Moo
Bucktown
Member since Nov 2012
3507 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 2:17 pm to
Besides gay marriage, what else can the gays not do in this day and age? I don't recall any rules saying that no openly gay players were allowed in the NBA/NFL. What other rights, besides marriage, are gays not allowed?
Posted by SpartyGator
Detroit Lions fan
Member since Oct 2011
75516 posts
Posted on 5/13/14 at 2:30 pm to
quote:

Are the activists really helping the gay movement

Helping, but it doesn't change my views of the situation in any way
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram