Started By
re: .

Posted on 9/8/15 at 12:20 pm to
Posted by partywiththelombardi
Member since May 2012
11601 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 12:20 pm to
Dude is a straight egotistical sociopath.
Posted by Bloodworth
North Ga
Member since Oct 2007
4013 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 12:21 pm to
Didn't read other responses but put me down for who cares.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 12:21 pm to
Not once. He's just now added the details. He always said he wanted Brees but the doctors wouldn't clear him. He never said either way if he had final say

For a guy who only left when a team offered him full control, this makes his exit make a lot more sense. He only left because he'd be given final say and that promise wasn't upheld
Posted by partywiththelombardi
Member since May 2012
11601 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 12:32 pm to
I believe he had final say. I also believe he could not handle the fact that he was on a sinking ship after dooming that franchise after making a really bad decision.(which at the time was not a terrible decision based on the facts that were available).

It is perfectly logical that you would prefer a QB with a bad knee over a destroyed throwing shoulder.

It is perfectly logical to choose a Co-MVP QB over a guy who barely went to the Pro Bowl once and only started playing well when a Franchise threatened his playing time by drafting someone to take his spot.

In college you can waste a scholarship and never feel the hit of it.

In the NFL if you miss on a Pro Bowl QB(compounded by some terrible drafts)...you are virtually assured to never have another chance at winning.

I think he saw the money that BAMA offered him...and knew he would never get another call that good if he stayed at Miami and acquired some more losing seasons.

I do not think Saban has ever taken credit for being wrong. Players, Coaches, Media, even Fans have been blamed by him for losses.
This post was edited on 9/8/15 at 12:33 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 1:34 pm to
That makes complete sense. We'll never know

I believe Wayne H promised him control and didn't give it to him so he bolted
Posted by ecb
Member since Jul 2010
9361 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 8:28 pm to
Pathological liar
Posted by lsusteve1
Member since Dec 2004
42303 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 8:40 pm to
quote:

people calling him a poor coach. I guess he just accidentally won 4 BCS titles one with dumpster fire LSU

Yo mama
Posted by lsutigers1992
Member since Mar 2006
25317 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 9:31 pm to
quote:

4 BCS titles

Title 1: USC didn't get to play LSU
Title 2: Colt McCoy injured in first quarter
Title 3: Lost at home to LSU. Didn't play in SECCG. Got mulligan anyway.
Title 4: Played a Notre Dame team that people who aren't blinded by brand names knew had no business being in that game

Do all championships involve luck? Of course they do. Does incredibly fortunate luck mean you're not a good coach? Of course not. But goddamn, Nick Saban sure got incredibly lucky four times.
Posted by VetteGuy
Member since Feb 2008
28725 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 9:39 pm to
That's not how Brees tells it.

Guess who I'm gonna believe?
Posted by VetteGuy
Member since Feb 2008
28725 posts
Posted on 9/8/15 at 9:43 pm to
Am I the only one who read Drew's book?
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram