
- My Forums
- Tiger Rant
- LSU Recruiting
- SEC Rant
- Saints Talk
- Pelicans Talk
- More Sports Board
- Fantasy Sports
- Golf Board
- Soccer Board
- O-T Lounge
- Tech Board
- Home/Garden Board
- Outdoor Board
- Health/Fitness Board
- Movie/TV Board
- Book Board
- Music Board
- Political Talk
- Money Talk
- Fark Board
- Gaming Board
- Travel Board
- Food/Drink Board
- Ticket Exchange
- TD Help Board
Customize My Forums- View All Forums
- Show Left Links
- Topic Sort Options
- Trending Topics
- Recent Topics
- Active Topics
Started By
Message
Posted on 9/12/16 at 2:34 pm to Drewbie
quote:i'm really starting to dig this aspect
My favorite thing so far is the beginning. No hand holding. No tutorial. Just plops you in a world and sets you free. The adventure you have is up to you. LOVE the tribute to the first Zelda with the old man at the beginning outside of the cave.
it seems that's exactly what the frick they're doing and i'm really digging it. the world is so big too that it makes it even more intriguing.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 2:37 pm to OMLandshark
quote:I think it merges timelines, but if I had to pick a specific one, i'd go with defeated, but there are sooo many clues pointing to the adult timeline
I feel pretty certain this is the final Zelda on the timeline and seems to be from either the defeated or childhood link timeline (leaning towards the former).
link's clothing
ancient sea
etc.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 4:05 pm to DelU249
Merging timelines doesn't really make sense. You have three timelines. The old games take place in a world where OOC link died fighting Gannon. The Majoras/TP timeline takes place after child link rode off into the woods without Navi. The windwaker timeline takes place after Zelda sent Link back in time and caused a world without a hero of time. In the 3rd "adult" timeline, it's my understanding they found a new land to call Hyrule. That means they either rebuilt the temple of time to look the same or it isn't the 3rd timeline.
My money is on Twilight Princess sequel. It's the only one that makes sense for the Temple of Time to still be standing.
My money is on Twilight Princess sequel. It's the only one that makes sense for the Temple of Time to still be standing.
This post was edited on 9/12/16 at 4:09 pm
Posted on 9/12/16 at 4:13 pm to AggieDub14
I can't square it with the little details, though there is something in the game that mentions an ancient sea...
the idea for me is that no matter the timeline, the series of events or different variables end in the same result (breath of the wild)
if I had to pick a specific one it would be the fallen hero timeline just going off the fact that the new game has its roots in the original and all of the conclusions one might have after seeing the opening of the game (which may be entirely different who knows)
the idea for me is that no matter the timeline, the series of events or different variables end in the same result (breath of the wild)
if I had to pick a specific one it would be the fallen hero timeline just going off the fact that the new game has its roots in the original and all of the conclusions one might have after seeing the opening of the game (which may be entirely different who knows)
Posted on 9/12/16 at 4:18 pm to AggieDub14
also this looks like the first Zelda game where a backstory will be discovered by the player rather than being thrust into an ongoing story...at e3 they said "Metroid style" so whatever lead to this hyrule, we're going to find out
it should be noted that I think this game takes place incredibly far ahead of all Zelda games. just playing a hunch even though they say 100 years or something.
it should be noted that I think this game takes place incredibly far ahead of all Zelda games. just playing a hunch even though they say 100 years or something.
This post was edited on 9/12/16 at 4:28 pm
Posted on 9/12/16 at 4:29 pm to DelU249
I've been thinking pre-WW in the supposed "era without a hero" makes the most sense lately.
My only real doubt with this is whether the devs would actually make a game that essentially ends with Link failing.
My only real doubt with this is whether the devs would actually make a game that essentially ends with Link failing.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 4:33 pm to imraged
no way we get a game where link fails...whatever anyone is working off of, the real mystery is how far into the future this game takes place after any particular entry on the timeline in which a person thinks it is placed
given the resurrection or stasis angle, the melancholy music, the ruins, and technology (a lot of decrepit technology out in the main world too)...I think we're talking thousands of years. like I said, this game has a FFX vibe going on
given the resurrection or stasis angle, the melancholy music, the ruins, and technology (a lot of decrepit technology out in the main world too)...I think we're talking thousands of years. like I said, this game has a FFX vibe going on
Posted on 9/12/16 at 5:00 pm to imraged
quote:
I've been thinking pre-WW in the supposed "era without a hero" makes the most sense lately.
Nah, it's clearly later than Wind Waker. Ganondorf isn't an irredeemable monster in that one whose goal is to destroy the world. The Master Sword is still mostly fine. I'm thinking it takes place after the original in the "Link Failing" timeline. I don't think the appearance of Korok's is enough evidence at this point to definitively say if its in the Wind Waker timeline, but if it is it is certainly later than it in the timeline.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 5:01 pm to DelU249
quote:
it should be noted that I think this game takes place incredibly far ahead of all Zelda games. just playing a hunch even though they say 100 years or something.
Ganon is in it, so I don't see how that's possible.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 5:10 pm to OMLandshark
quote:
Ganondorf isn't an irredeemable monster in that one whose goal is to destroy the world.
Perhaps one last incident of him going berserk and subsequently being sealed is what leads to the more calm and in control version we see in WW.
The fallen hero line does make sense as well though. I've kind of flipped back and forth between the two as I've read/watched the occasional fan theory.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 5:36 pm to imraged
quote:
Perhaps one last incident of him going berserk and subsequently being sealed is what leads to the more calm and in control version we see in WW.
But the original Legend of Zelda game is the foundation they're building the game on. I think that after the mixed bag that was Skyward Sword, in that everyone loved the first play through but never picked it up again, they're really wanted to go back to the origins of the franchise. It seems like they are only a few decades removed from an apocalyptic scenario, and I don't think WW Link's Timeline supports this. Also keep in mind the names of the timelines. The one in which Link is killed by Ganon is known as "The Decline of Hyrule". The timeline in which Adult Link defeats Ganon and the Wind Waker occurs is a bit more optimistic with "A New World"
Plus I really think the logo itself says it all. The Master Sword is rusted and all color has been drained from the title. The world of Zelda as modern audiences know it is dead... and then there's a rebirth with the flowers blooming in the corners. It really does feel straight out of a Miyazaki film.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 6:17 pm to OMLandshark
There's always a work around. This timeline isn't tight enough to be held to details 
Posted on 9/12/16 at 6:21 pm to OMLandshark
quote:
It really does feel straight out of a Miyazaki film.
That is why you are cool, despite being an OM fan.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 6:45 pm to Scruffy
I don't know what that is, but I soooo dig the watercolor anime look to it.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 6:46 pm to OMLandshark
quote:this. This. This. This.
But the original Legend of Zelda game is the foundation they're building the game on.
Posted on 9/12/16 at 11:06 pm to DelU249
quote:If you have never seen a Miyazaki film, you are missing out big time.
I don't know what that is, but I soooo dig the watercolor anime look to it.
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Watch that first.
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:01 pm to Scruffy
New trailer from TGA
Life in Ruins
Dammit I can't wait for this game
Life in Ruins
Dammit I can't wait for this game
This post was edited on 12/1/16 at 8:08 pm
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:07 pm to imraged
The new Princess Zelda has a nice rack.

Popular
Back to top


0







